iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Feb 17, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #2,836 of 6,795
  Anyone experiencing DX80 shutting off randomly during the playback of a song?
Since it resumes by himself shortly after, the screen though won't respond anymore, only the physical buttons are working.
To solve this problem I have to turn off and on the device.
It happened to me at least a dozen times, a factory reset was unhelpful. FW 1.3.3

There is a Batch Tool on the first page. This installs a FW and does a complete internal memory wipe so that the install in clean with no artifacts of other FWs. Please try this tool. The instructions for its use are also in the download. Also I have been using CleanMyDrive2 for all the micro cards. It cleans any unwanted junk from the card.
  Thanks for the reply paul, but when i switch it off manually the battery will not drain even after weeks. You think it is the battery then ? I think it is funny because i went through different firmwares and i can't imagine that the power off feature is anything else than a software feature - so it should work when i factory reset and reflash firmware, but it doesn't :frowning2:

Then the battery is good. Please try the Batch Tool I mentioned above to clean the internal memory and do a clean install. This requires a PC.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 17, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #2,837 of 6,795
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 17, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #2,838 of 6,795

Long press Play would be good :wink:

But that is the screen lock.

I guess I need to update to the latest fw
biggrin.gif

Feb 18, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #2,840 of 6,795
If you intend to buy the memory card, I strongly advise you to pay attention to SanDisk namely SDSQUNB series. The sound of DX80 with this card is better than many others. Generally, the best. It is important of course what headphones you are using. For example, the Momentum 2.0 AEI impressively demonstrates the sound difference.

I am sorry, but I find that hard to believe. 

Feb 18, 2016 at 7:46 AM Post #2,842 of 6,795
But that is the screen lock.

Any way of getting the feature to start at the beginning of let's say Track 3, then rewind to the ending of Track 2?

There are a lot of times that the ending of the song is always the best. I want to hear it a couple of times, (yes, I'm one of those people.. Lol..) but because it's at the ending of the song, I usually have to rewind the the previous track and fast forward to the ending part of the song I wanted to hear.. I understand that not a lot of people use that feature, but for those of us who would/do.. It would be greatly appreciated. Currently, the Cowon Plenue D has that feature, and I am loving it.. But prefer the sound of the DX80, so it would be better to have that feature on it.. Thank you in advance.. Well.. If it's possible on your behalf.. I didn't know that was a real feature in today's players.. I haven't experienced that since the days of Cassettes and some CD players...

Feb 18, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #2,843 of 6,795
Has anyone compared the usb dac and the headphone out? I'll have close to the same amount of music with 2 micro sd cards on my computer so it would help to know the quality of the two. I'm not planning on stacking anything with this.

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #2,844 of 6,795

Good looking out.  I am Dummy McDumbington...that was totally the issue.

1.3.3 working well so far, I like the visual change to the pulldown menu on the left screen.

Glad your issue is resolved. As far as, Dummy McDumbington, not you! 
happy_face1.gif

Who would ever come up with an idea to invoke power management function during Library Rebuild, especially in light of the fact that it takes almost an hour to scan 2 128GB cards...
I fell for this trap quite a few times

Feb 18, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #2,845 of 6,795
Just a heads up - AMP3 have this on clearance (open box) for £178.80 ! I just got one and still showing in stock so they may have a few more,but not sure.

Hope this helps someone,

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/MP3_Players.1/iBasso.629/DX80/iBasso_DX80_High_Resolution_Digital_Audio_Player_with_Dual_CS4398_DAC_and_Native_DSD.14736.html#pClearance6646

Sorry just looked again,no more left :frowning2:

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #2,846 of 6,795
  Just a heads up - AMP3 have this on clearance (open box) for £178.80 ! I just got one and still showing in stock so they may have a few more,but not sure.

Hope this helps someone,

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/MP3_Players.1/iBasso.629/DX80/iBasso_DX80_High_Resolution_Digital_Audio_Player_with_Dual_CS4398_DAC_and_Native_DSD.14736.html#pClearance6646

Sorry just looked again,no more left
frown.gif

Great find. I just got one a new one from Amazon for $350 after tax, they had 1 or 2 on Amz warehouse for $290 w/ shipping. (USD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back