iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Feb 17, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #2,821 of 6,795
Hi Paul
Back in December, in response to a number of posts, you said you would speak to the team re increasing font size on the music information screen. (Some of us find it illegible and there is plenty of screen real estate). Hasn't happened in recent FW upgrades - is it possible?

I have no problem with it. I use a jeweler's loope. I have asked them again to try and increase the font size.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 17, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #2,822 of 6,795
  I have this since the last two firmwares, i made a factory reset a couple of times already. Battery is fully charged on one day and empty on the other.

It would seem your DX needs servicing with a battery replacement. Please contact the company you purchased this from to have it serviced. It can also be sent directly back to our factory.

Feb 17, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #2,823 of 6,795

I can agree.

The swipe motion is ok though considering there's room on the right-hand side a home button would be worth considering.

Being a user/owner of DX50/DX90 which has this layout I'm always looking for it on DX80.

They are working on the home button.

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #2,824 of 6,795
Installed 1.3.3 and did a factory reset.  I re scanned my library and only got about half my stuff (a little less than what was on SD1).  I did another reset and scanned both cards again and got what looked like all of SD1 and no SD2.  Trying scanning SD2 by itself now.

I have also gone in and fixed the tags which I believe are getting corrupted.  Tag & Rename confirmed that the files themselves were missing the Artist tag and it wasn't just a database issue on the DX80.  I applied the proper tags (to the files on the card, obviously).  We will see if I run into issues with (bull) artists again.

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #2,825 of 6,795
  Installed 1.3.3 and did a factory reset.  I re scanned my library and only got about half my stuff (a little less than what was on SD1).  I did another reset and scanned both cards again and got what looked like all of SD1 and no SD2.  Trying scanning SD2 by itself now.

I have also gone in and fixed the tags which I believe are getting corrupted.  Tag & Rename confirmed that the files themselves were missing the Artist tag and it wasn't just a database issue on the DX80.  I applied the proper tags (to the files on the card, obviously).  We will see if I run into issues with (bull) artists again.

Did you set the the Auto Power Off to Never? It is in Advanced - Power Management.  It could shut down before scanning is complete.

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #2,829 of 6,795
Bit the bullet and returned my xDuoo x3 and FiiO Q1.  Should have my DX80 on Friday, can't wait!

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #2,830 of 6,795
Anyone experiencing DX80 shutting off randomly during the playback of a song?
Since it resumes by himself shortly after, the screen though won't respond anymore, only the physical buttons are working.
To solve this problem I have to turn off and on the device.
It happened to me at least a dozen times, a factory reset was unhelpful. FW 1.3.3

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #2,831 of 6,795

I can agree.

The swipe motion is ok though considering there's room on the right-hand side a home button would be worth considering.

Being a user/owner of DX50/DX90 which has this layout I'm always looking for it on DX80.

They are working on the home button.

Long press Play would be good :wink:

Feb 17, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #2,832 of 6,795

It would seem your DX needs servicing with a battery replacement. Please contact the company you purchased this from to have it serviced. It can also be sent directly back to our factory.

Thanks for the reply paul, but when i switch it off manually the battery will not drain even after weeks. You think it is the battery then ? I think it is funny because i went through different firmwares and i can't imagine that the power off feature is anything else than a software feature - so it should work when i factory reset and reflash firmware, but it doesn't :frowning2:

Feb 17, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #2,833 of 6,795
@Paul, my bad, I do not think I manually shut down my DX80 as auto shutdown was on never. I have changed that setting and everything is working as it should. I have to thank you for all the input you put into this forum and that is one big reason I love iBasso products.

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #2,834 of 6,795
If you intend to buy the memory card, I strongly advise you to pay attention to SanDisk namely SDSQUNB series. The sound of DX80 with this card is better than many others. Generally, the best. It is important of course what headphones you are using. For example, the Momentum 2.0 AEI impressively demonstrates the sound difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back