iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Feb 2, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #2,493 of 6,795
Just got my DX80 today and I'm amazed at the SQ especially for the price point.  I've had 3 different AK players (100/120/Jr) and none of them wowed me like the DX has so far and it's not even burned in yet.

I upgraded to 1.3 right off the bat and had no problems scanning a 200 and 128 card in each slot, both at about 90% full.  Never had an AK player actually finish scanning my library without crapping out.  The software could still use some work but it's definitely usable and well within expectation based on other niche players I've had.

I think it drives my Grado GH-1 cans REALLY nicely.  

I know at this point you guys are mostly working through issues on this thread, but figured I share some as-yet unsullied enthusiasm for the device!

Feb 2, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #2,494 of 6,795
  Just got my DX80 today and I'm amazed at the SQ especially for the price point.  I've had 3 different AK players (100/120/Jr) and none of them wowed me like the DX has so far and it's not even burned in yet.

I upgraded to 1.3 right off the bat and had no problems scanning a 200 and 128 card in each slot, both at about 90% full.  Never had an AK player actually finish scanning my library without crapping out.  The software could still use some work but it's definitely usable and well within expectation based on other niche players I've had.

I think it drives my Grado GH-1 cans REALLY nicely.  

I know at this point you guys are mostly working through issues on this thread, but figured I share some as-yet unsullied enthusiasm for the device!

May I ask, where did you order your DX80 from?

Thanks.

Feb 2, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #2,497 of 6,795
I tried creating a M3U playlist the way you detailed but i cant get it to work because i cant get a playlist from the DX80 to export correctly, as such i cant find the correct file name path to add to my M3U playlist on my computer. I have tried exporting multiple playlist from the device but when i do i dont see them in windows explore under the memory card anywhere??? I have updated to firmware version 1.3.0. Where does the DX80 hide the M3U files on the memory card? Is there a program i need to download to see them or something? Thanks

Feb 2, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #2,498 of 6,795
Anyone else tried the Vorzuge Pure Plus II with the line out?

Feb 3, 2016 at 1:52 AM Post #2,499 of 6,795
I had the same problem and asked in this thread and asked ibasso did not get the right answer .
But found out that export only works if the sd card is in the right slot or you already are using two cards  (I assume you only have one card at the moment) 
I think it has to be in slot 2 .
Then after export your find your playlist in a folder m3u .
regards
Markus 

Feb 3, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #2,500 of 6,795
  I had the same problem and asked in this thread and asked ibasso did not get the right answer .
But found out that export only works if the sd card is in the right slot or you already are using two cards  (I assume you only have one card at the moment) 
I think it has to be in slot 2 .
Then after export your find your playlist in a folder m3u .
regards
Markus 

Markus you sly devil! that worked =] thank you! No the hard part....trying to see if i can make the playlist work now lol

Feb 3, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #2,501 of 6,795
  I tried creating a M3U playlist the way you detailed but i cant get it to work because i cant get a playlist from the DX80 to export correctly, as such i cant find the correct file name path to add to my M3U playlist on my computer. I have tried exporting multiple playlist from the device but when i do i dont see them in windows explore under the memory card anywhere??? I have updated to firmware version 1.3.0. Where does the DX80 hide the M3U files on the memory card? Is there a program i need to download to see them or something? Thanks

I have never been able to make those instructions work, but there is a lot of useful information in it. While they need to be M3U playlists, there are specific format requirements that have to be met for each playlist. No header and a simple one line file path for each track in the list. Lastly, save the file with Line breaks set to Windows (CRLF) and Encoding set to Unicode (UTF-8). For the left sdcard, the path is /mnt/firstsd/file path on sdcard using / not \ to the file name with its extension. The right sdcard path is /mnt/external_sd/file path on sdcard using / not \ to the file name with its extension. Left and right are as you look at the screen. For example:

Left:      /mnt/firstsd/Compilations/Columbia Country Classics, Vol. 1 - The Golden Age/06 Pistol Packin' Mama (1).m4a
Right:   /mnt/external_sd/Tex Ritter/Conversation With A Gun/01 I'm Wastin' My Tears On You (1).m4a

Copy each playlist to one of the sdcards. I made a folder called 0-Playlist on the Left sdcard so it would be on the top of the list and put the playlists in it. Swipe right on the DX80 and tap Directory. Tap SD Card1, then tap the folder with your playlists (0-Playlists for me) and you should see all your playlists. Tap on a playlist and it will open a box asking if you want to Import Playlist? Tap YES.

It will start scanning media to import the playlist with no real feedback on how close to being done it is. The process is very slow taking about 70 minutes to scan and import each playlist, no matter how long the list is. My library has about 14,000 tracks in it. When it completes, it will go back to the directory list of your playlists.

I think that the DX80 Playlists are stored in the internal memory and that is not directly accessible via usb. Hope that helps. It works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back