iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jan 27, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #2,326 of 6,795
Ok DX 80 updated with FW 1.3
cool.gif
!!! It was the SD card. I changed it (for a 32gb Sandisk Extrrm) . Proceeded the "classical way" and Yes!!! I keep this SD for the next update.

Yay.  Good for you, takdou.

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #2,327 of 6,795
FW 1.3.0. Nothing to do, It can't be helped. Playing a song with a "custom" EQ is OK until you play a DSF file, when EQ stops working.
But I know this behaviour is normal and I'm OK with that, the problem is when you after playing this DSF file play another song whatsoever, either mp3 or FLAC or WAV the EQ DOESN'T RESUME by itself.
It will only after you switch OFF then ON the EQ, or change equalization, i.e from Custom to Rock.
Same glitch of the previous FW
C'mon, Ibasso, you can do better than this!

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:17 PM Post #2,329 of 6,795
Installed FW 1.3.0 with no trouble at all. Really pleased with the lock function. Listening to Bardo Pond's "Peace on Venus" and the soundstage does seem a little wider. Well done iBasso.

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #2,331 of 6,795
@ HiFiChris

Can one now install fw on the DX80 as one would do on the DX90?  I prefer the DX90 way:  Merely connect my iBasso DAP to my PC > drag and drop a new extracted update.img file to the micro sd card root folder.  This is in contrast to the DX80 way:  Remove 2 microsd cards (tricky) from the DAP > put micro sd card into a micro sd card reader > connect reader to PC > drag & drop the update.img file on the micro sd card (that is for slot 2 only) > reinsert both micro sd cards.  Many more steps involved in the DX80 fw update, no?

If it makes it easier for you. Drag the update .img to your root storage. Power down then Reboot holding the Volume up. That allows you get to the Recovery menu. From there you can factory reset, and flash the new update. This way, you don't have to mess with your SDCARDS. Afterwards, you can simply reconnect it to your computer and delete the Update.img

By the way, drag the update.img to the 1st sdcard slot.

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #2,332 of 6,795
If it makes it easier for you. Drag the update .img to your root storage. Power down then Reboot holding the Volume up. That allows you get to the Recovery menu. From there you can factory reset, and flash the new update. This way, you don't have to mess with your SDCARDS. Afterwards, you can simply reconnect it to your computer and delete the Update.img

By the way, drag the update.img to the 1st sdcard slot.

Thanks, Sledge.  Your instructions mirrors those from Lurker0.  Much appreciated.  Update complete!

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #2,334 of 6,795
FW 1.3.0. Nothing to do, It can't be helped. Playing a song with a "custom" EQ is OK until you play a DSF file, when EQ stops working.
But I know this behaviour is normal and I'm OK with that, the problem is when you after playing this DSF file play another song whatsoever, either mp3 or FLAC or WAV the EQ DOESN'T RESUME by itself.
It will only after you switch OFF then ON the EQ, or change equalization, i.e from Custom to Rock.
Same glitch of the previous FW
C'mon, Ibasso, you can do better than this!

Good to know.. My biggest issue was the 10k and 16k sliders not being functional.. So now that those are working, I'm pretty happy. However, I can see how that would be a pain. I don't own any DSF files.. All mine are either .mp3 or .flac (knock on wood) it's been pretty awesome for me! Thank you iBasso..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back