iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jan 26, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #2,267 of 6,795
Thanks this is a great news.
Now i can enjoy the music !!!
will need to solve the issue about the album's picture to be displayed.
i do not  have the expertise of most of the guys here, to analyse the sound, but so far i love my DX80!! i am rediscovering my music.
Main usage for me: quasi exclusively portable device = when travelling (up in the air, often).

The way iBasso (Paul) participates to the forum, explaining, helping, forwarding users feedback to his team:  just one world: Bravo. They are humble and respect their Customer. I am not so sure all manufacturers act the same.

Keep the album art below 500kB and you will be fine. It is more efficient too both in term of memory and storage.

Jan 26, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #2,268 of 6,795
  does anyone purchase the leather case? how is it? 

The DIGNIS case?

Just look here:
http://www.head-fi.org/products/dignis-foveo-case-for-ibasso-dx80/reviews/15036 
wink.gif

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #2,271 of 6,795
Jan 26, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #2,272 of 6,795
does anyone have battery issue? the battery showed 100% after the overnight charging, but it dropped to 88% when I restarted the player. the fw is 1.2.1 and I did reset the OS after I upgraded to FW 1.2.1.

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #2,274 of 6,795
I am getting duplicate band names with a semicolon between them on some artists.  Anyone know why that might be?  I spent all day Sunday going through my already clean tags, had the issue monday, went back to check the tags, and was not able to find any issues.  For example, I have one band where all but one of the albums is grouped under the band name, and then another grouped under "band name;band name".  When I look at the tags in Foobar and Tag&Rename, I cannot find any reason why this would be the case.  I even re-applied the tags and still get the same issue.

I am also getting this with specific songs by, "Various Artists".  I went through and swapped Album Artist with Artist to ensure that they were grouped properly, but for some reason there are some instances where I'm getting "Album artist;Various Artists".

I get the same with genres, I need to triple check tonight to make sure I don't have any songs with two genres listed, but I am fairly certain there aren't: I maintain all of this religiously in Foobar, and the vast majority of my music was ripped directly from CD by my wife/myself.

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #2,275 of 6,795
  I am getting duplicate band names with a semicolon between them on some artists.  Anyone know why that might be?  I spent all day Sunday going through my already clean tags, had the issue monday, went back to check the tags, and was not able to find any issues.  For example, I have one band where all but one of the albums is grouped under the band name, and then another grouped under "band name;band name".  When I look at the tags in Foobar and Tag&Rename, I cannot find any reason why this would be the case.  I even re-applied the tags and still get the same issue.

I am also getting this with specific songs by, "Various Artists".  I went through and swapped Album Artist with Artist to ensure that they were grouped properly, but for some reason there are some instances where I'm getting "Album artist;Various Artists".

I get the same with genres, I need to triple check tonight to make sure I don't have any songs with two genres listed, but I am fairly certain there aren't: I maintain all of this religiously in Foobar, and the vast majority of my music was ripped directly from CD by my wife/myself.

I have the same issue with some of my musics, so I have to convert to WAVE and convert back to FLAC to solve this kind of issue

Jan 26, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #2,276 of 6,795
Hi!

I try to connect DX80 as a DAC to my PC. Strangely enough, the things that I play are totally unintelligible. I have installed the original driver for Win, but no luck whatsoever.
Am I doing something wrong? I have connected the USB cable to the DX80 and the headphone on the "Phone out". Is that all that I have to do?

Thanks!

Jan 26, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #2,278 of 6,795
@ Sledge -- lovely!

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:34 PM Post #2,279 of 6,795

I had the same problem and it took a while to crack it. This is a potential bug for Paul to note (I was going to put a post on the bug thread).

I found that when viewed in Mp3Tag the problem FLAC files were all marked as type: "FLAC(ID3v2.3)" compared to "FLAC(FLAC)" for files that correctly listed on the DX80. It appears that sometime last year I mistakenly had seletected the tickbox on my ripper (Exact Audio Copy in my case) that also adds ID3 tags to the resultant FLAC rip of a CD track. A search in the internet suggests that FLAC files do not need ID3, and there appeared evidence that some DAPs/music players/software seem to have some problems with such FLAC files that also incorrectly have ID3 tags added to them.

I guess the problem occurs because the DX80 reads both the FLAC tag and the additional ID3 tag appended to the FLAC file, and creates a composite tag from both.Thus getting listed files in the format "artist name;artist name", "album title;album title" and "track title;track title". Whilst FLAC files shouldn't have (and don't need) ID3 tags it appears from internet discussions on Hydrogen Audio and others that this is not an uncommon mistake, so it may be someting to consider for a later DX80 firmware, to do a check on this and ignore ID3 tags incorrectly added to FLAC files.

To solve the problem using Mp3Tag you have to select the files, cut the tag (which copies it to the clipboard), and then repaste the tag back into the selected files. The resultant FLAC files then only have the correct FLAC tagging and on a rescan are listed fine. I had to do this for about 1000 tracks which took a while, but the DX80 is now listing them all correctly. This saves the issue of needing to fully repopulate tag information as I suggest needed to be done for the similar process of converting to WAV and back to FALC again.

As an aside, the DX80 listing also highlighted a few until then unnoticed issues with my tags, such as a few tracks with space characters at the front or end, and different capitalisations (i.e. a-ah, A-ha or A-Ha).

Jan 26, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #2,280 of 6,795
Perfect! I've been trying to find the correct type of wallpaper for the DX80. I knew it needed to be something like a geometric pattern. I never thought of woodgrain. A quick google search - and a dark walnut looks pretty darn good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back