iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
Jan 25, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #2,251 of 6,795
  At this point in the product cycle, I find the DX80 to be a much more polished product than the DX90.  Potential buyers should do their research of the available reviews and feedback and make their own decision.

A question:

Has anyone challenged the DX80's ability to drive high impedance phones?  Headphones I use nowadays are 150 ohm or less and the DX80 has had plenty of grunt for those.   I am curious to try the VE Zen 2.0 and those are 320 ohm!  I'm sure my DX100 can push those with some authority...but I'm wondering if the DX80 would be up to it? 

Hello, 
I'm using DX80 with Beyerdynamics T90 (250 oms) and it sounds fine. Volume on 110-120. Anyway, I wonder if it could be better with an amp...

Jan 25, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #2,255 of 6,795
Update. 50 hours of unit burn in and started listening today. No hiss or bump sounds to report. In six hours of listening two songs had audible pops. It seems to be when a song loads into memory incorrectly. If I rewind to start the track reloads and is fine. I expect a couple of such things in a new unit with early firmware. I've had similar with other players. The rest of the day was perfect listening with great sound. I'm happy.

Jan 25, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #2,256 of 6,795
I'm using BW P7's (reativeley easy to drive) without amp have to use high gain vol 100 - 120. Using my Fiio E12 I prefer the sound (low gain, vol around 20%).

Perhaps one day I'll try the famous Fiio E12 paired with DX80 but do you think it worth the price? At worst I'll buy it from Amazon, give it a try and send it back if not satisfied... 
Sorry for my english 'cose I'm a french guy and my english lessons are very far behind me :wink:

Jan 25, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #2,257 of 6,795
Thanks. I just placed an order on amazon, and i hope the UI and sound quality are better than my AKJR with ADEL A6 ciem. Does anyone experience hiss sound ? I read s few review on amazon and ppl are complain about the hiss noise

I don't think that you'll be disappointed about sound quality. I don't know AKJR so I can't compare, but the DX80 sounds very great at my own opinion. Personally I don't have any issues about hiss, pop or other noises. The only problem I had at beginning came from ****ty ripped flac that made completely disfunction the device... Erasing the tracks solved all my problems :)
I'm telling that here if it can help someone.

Jan 25, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #2,259 of 6,795
  Perhaps one day I'll try the famous Fiio E12 paired with DX80 but do you think it worth the price? At worst I'll buy it from Amazon, give it a try and send it back if not satisfied... 
Sorry for my english 'cose I'm a french guy and my english lessons are very far behind me :wink:

Well, I bought mine on eBay (£60 vs £100) which was fine. I would recommend giving it a try, but only if you can return it!

Jan 25, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #2,261 of 6,795
Is there any way, how to use SACD iso files in DX80? Is´t possible?
If no, what is best way how to extract files from SACD iso file or convert it to aiff or flac format?
DX80 does not support SACD ISO files. The best would be to extract tracks as DSF files (for proper tagging, because DFF files can't be tagged), but the tools are different for Windows, Mac or Linix.

DX80 does amazing job playing DSD files! It is not worth to convert DSD to PCM (aiff/flac).

Jan 25, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #2,262 of 6,795
DX80 does not support SACD ISO files. The best would be to extract tracks as DSF files (for proper tagging, because DFF files can't be tagged), but the tools are different for Windows, Mac or Linix.

DX80 does amazing job playing DSD files! It is not worth to convert DSD to PCM (aiff/flac).

So which software should I use for extracting DSF files from SACD iso on Windows?

Jan 25, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #2,263 of 6,795
criticism or rubbish post is different
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back