iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
May 8, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #4,383 of 6,795
  The P5 is on batteries, big turn off.

My next portable amp will probably be the Picollo, from what I've been reading it's an upgrade to E12A.

I don't know what you mean. It runs from batteries or a PS. 

May 9, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #4,384 of 6,795
What is the most clear, high resolution, no. Sibilant FW for the dx80?

The resolution depends on the files you are using and sibilance is on the recording. Use the latest FW as it sounds the same as the others and is less buggy. 

May 9, 2016 at 1:05 PM Post #4,385 of 6,795

That may be right. But everything sound better than nothing
frown.gif

I am not able to play songs with the DX80, because my DX80 isn't able to scan my music and without a successful scan everytime I try to choose music the scan for that folder starts, quits and the DX80 freezes and I have to reset. So fiio looks promising to me.

Software bugs can occur, but what I like to hear from IBasso is that they will fix this. Version 1.3.3 scans successfully so there is a new bug introduced with firmware 1.4.0. This bug (not able to play music) should have a priority on their list and other posts in this forum confirm that I am not the only one with this bug. I would be more than happy to help IBasso sort this out. I tried all kind of steps myself (stripped down number of files, resorted, tagged again, deleted all cover images, ...) and overall this took me the complete weekend.

If this bug isn't fixed before the release of the next player (DX200) IBasso will not get my money again.

I agree you should be able to scan without problems. We continue to investigate this. We have many cards here with different formats and they scan or we would not have released the FW. We also do beta tests to make sure of compatibility. We have asked that some songs that would not scan be sent to us but once we load them onto a SD card at our end they scan in. We will continue to work on this to figure out where the problem is.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 9, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #4,386 of 6,795

I agree you should be able to scan without problems. We continue to investigate this. We have many cards here with different formats and they scan or we would not have released the FW. We also do beta tests to make sure of compatibility. We have asked that some songs that would not scan be sent to us but once we load them onto a SD card at our end they scan in. We will continue to work on this to figure out where the problem is.

Hi Paul,

thanks for your response. If I can help you in any way, please let me know. Since I am a developer myself I know that swometimes it is hard to find the error.

What I tried so far:
- three different cards with no success
- different scans with the same card crash on different positions
- no difference when using slot1 or slot2
- only folder and mp3 on my cards
- a working firmware 1.3.3
- I have around 20.000 files on my card

Maik

May 9, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #4,387 of 6,795
Hi Paul,

thanks for your response. If I can help you in any way, please let me know. Since I am a developer myself I know that swometimes it is hard to find the error.

What I tried so far:

Maik
design an android fw :p

May 9, 2016 at 2:38 PM Post #4,390 of 6,795
Hi Paul,

What I tried so far:

Maik

I made EXACTLY the same experience....
My Card is 200GB Sandisk.

May 9, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #4,391 of 6,795
@paul... Would it not make sense to get back MBo72's device {or another that is having the same issues} rather than trying to work out the issue with the units you have there that are not showing signs of these problems? Cards or user error aside, obviously there is something going on and there are a lot of unhappy customers. I do commend you for being here and trying to get things sorted out and I would hope once the DX200 comes out there will still be support for the DX80.

I have gone days without a hiccup with my unit and then for no reason whatsoever it'll glitch like crazy and then just go away on its own. I am still not 100 percent convinced this is all just software related. The way some of these devices are behaving almost sounds like the memory that holds the actual OS could be wonky.... It if was bad code and hardware being identical, I would think that everyone who has the same brand X card would have the same issues..etc.. I understand the different file formats playing a role but in my case one day it works great and then with the same song a few days later it goes nuts. I do hope it gets sorted out before the DX200 release.

May 9, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #4,392 of 6,795
The only thing to help iBasso understand, would be scanning cards having issues on different devices, and the same with cards not having issues

If there's someone near Milan, Italy, I offer to test.
Btw: my card doesn't scan right.

May 9, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #4,394 of 6,795
I'm using a 200 gb SanDisk card as well and have never had an issue. I put the card into the DX80 straight from the packaging and have never used it for any other purpose. I keep wondering if these problems are because the cards were formatted in other devices and may have issues from those previous devices. It doesn't seem like formatting them has helped people, very interesting problem.

May 9, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #4,395 of 6,795
i am using two sandisk extreme 128GB cards and everything works... as long as the cards are formatted to fat32. recently i changed one card to a new one of the same model, but forgot to reformat, so the card was in exfat. the dx80 finished scanning sucessfully, but didn't add the albums of this card to the "album", "artist" or else library. when i tried to play some tracks via the file browser, it rescanned the particular folder and started playing. 
rescanning the whole card didn't help. so i reformatted in fat32 an now its fine again... is this a known bug, or just me :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back