iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
May 5, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #4,291 of 6,795

Hi Paul, my coax cable which came with DX90 got issue, how to get replacement ? thanks,

It is broken and no signal is being transmitted?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 5, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #4,293 of 6,795
First I found coax cable caused sound intermittent disconnected. After I have taken a closer look and cable copper partial broken which will be needing replacement.

Have you tried a regular IC mini to the connector needed for your connection? A stereo IC connector.  That will work and it will also make sure that it is the connector.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 5, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #4,294 of 6,795
From what I'm experiencing, DX80 is not very friendly with sensitive IEMs. My example is the Altone 200. It hisses on a not acceptable level (for me). In every album. It's not a deal breaker because I have the E12A amp and it has no hiss at all. It was made specially for IEMs. Well, things are not perfect. In the end it's a compromise I guess. I'm also getting the impression that the difference between low and high gain is not that big in DX80. Maybe low gain isn't very low, especially in IEMs.

Still I've got worried because I was planning in getting the Dunu DN2000J and it's a very sensitive IEM I think. Anyone got the DN2000J?

May 5, 2016 at 6:10 PM Post #4,295 of 6,795
From what I'm experiencing, DX80 is not very friendly with sensitive IEMs. My example is the Altone 200. It hisses on a not acceptable level (for me). In every album. It's not a deal breaker because I have the E12A amp and it has no hiss at all. It was made specially for IEMs. Well, things are not perfect. In the end it's a compromise I guess. I'm also getting the impression that the difference between low and high gain is not that big in DX80. Maybe low gain isn't very low, especially in IEMs.

Still I've got worried because I was planning in getting the Dunu DN2000J and it's a very sensitive IEM I think. Anyone got the DN2000J?

I have the DX80 and the D2Kj, it's a real nice pairing and I don't hear any hiss at all when the music is playing. There is a very low hiss between tracks.

May 5, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #4,297 of 6,795
Thanks. Like I stated above, having a E12A to compare to is a lost fight for the DX80 regarding to hiss
smily_headphones1.gif
E12A is impeccable in this aspect.

If you can, I would try to send it back and get a replacment. I have some sensitive iems and hiss has never been an issue with the dx80 :/

May 5, 2016 at 7:46 PM Post #4,298 of 6,795
Thank you for your suggestion but I decided not to do that. I think the player is fine, it just can't handle properly very sensitive IEMs. I just tried 7 different IEMs and that's my conclusion. Most of them play fine. And I'm a very sensible person regarding hiss and I have one of the probably zero hiss amp out there, whatever you throw at it.

Someone can try, for instance, with the Ostry KC06. Turn the volume down to zero. Next: play...pause...play...I see a lot of difference: silent on pause, some hiss arrive when I click Play. Then pause, silence again. This is with the KC06. When I connect the Earsonics SM64: silent at pause, silent at Play. Because it's a less efficient IEM and require more power, "consuming" all the possible hiss. The Ostry don't, so they show the hiss of the excessive power thrown at them. A lot in my scale. Maybe you haven't tried with the volume in zero. There's a lot of difference in pause and play with the most sensitive IEMs. I guess its the amplifier character. My 2 cents.

Edit: I forgot to say but I think this is related with low impedance of the IEM.

May 5, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #4,300 of 6,795
I've owned a bunch of Fiio products and I can agree that companies certainly pick up a house sound. It is obvious to me that Fiio is going for a warm presentation, and I think that a lot of people prefer that. Fiio is great at listening to the market and giving people what they want and I think they have done a great job of that. I was a fan of it, but got tired of that warm sound as I prefer the analytical sound of the rest of my gear.

What I really love about iBasso is that they are dedicated to making a top notch player that sounds as neutral as possible. This is what I see and hear. I don't really notice any difference between FW updates at all, honestly, it has just sounded clean, clear, and true to the music at every step. I wish there were more companies with this outlook. Schiit is certainly there, and my Ascend Acoustics speakers are the most clean, clear, accurate, and honest speakers I've ever heard as well. I'm really glad that I could add a DAP to my gear that accomplishes the same goals.

It's actually pretty confusing to me to read all of the issues and talk of sound differences, and I'm sure it's insanely frustrating for iBasso to try to sift through it as well. I wish them the best of luck in nailing down all of these issues, especially before the DX200 is released. 

I am in the market for a DAP. I have the gungnir and a pair of ascends too which I love. I think you just sold me on the dx80.

May 5, 2016 at 9:51 PM Post #4,301 of 6,795
Thanks. Like I stated above, having a E12A to compare to is a lost fight for the DX80 regarding to hiss
smily_headphones1.gif
E12A is impeccable in this aspect.

I was talking about specifically with the Dunu 2Kj but I have and used the E12A with my Fiio X3ii which was quite nice. I personally find the E12a offers little to the DX80 with my equipment. 

May 6, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #4,302 of 6,795

1.4.2 playing nice over here.  A couple of null files after scan (but they still play OK).  Thanks ibasso!  

I have this issue too. For three days now I tried everything to get a complete scan, but without success. I even tried the tool from post#1. Frustrated I got back to 1.3.3 and had success with the first scan. Please IBasso fix this error. It's very frustrating.
I have a 200GB and a 128GB card in my DX80.

Maik

Do either of you have any input on how fast the scanning is (when it works)?

My library would be about 10,000 files across 2x 200 GB cards.

May 6, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #4,303 of 6,795
Hi there!

I just compared DX80 and X5-II. I love the DX80 sound signature, but i noticed that DX80 has more "hiss" or noise sound compared to the X5-II. Anyone notice this? Or it's just my DX80 :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back