Ibasso dx50 or pb 2 as next purchase?
Dec 26, 2013 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

ACDragun

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-fi, I've recently bought a pair of akg k702 and I currently don't have anything to drive them.
I currently have a zune HD and a Fiio e5.
Should I buy a ibasso dx50 or pb2?
I will also be using either with my other headphones/earphones:
Akg k550
Sennheiser hd598
Sennheiser amperior
Triplefi 10
ACS t15

Although my main concern is driving the k702s I wouldn't mind if my other headphones also benefit

I'm located in Australia so any other alternative options available here are also welcome

Thanks

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 17
Dec 26, 2013 at 3:38 AM Post #3 of 17
Thanks from the reply,
I've read a few pages of that thread and it doesn't seem like the dx50 is receiving that much negativity.
Do you think I should use my zune with the pb2 without an external dac instead of a dx50?
I'm also thinking of the Fiio e17 as another option.

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #4 of 17
Hello Head-fi, I've recently bought a pair of akg k702 and I currently don't have anything to drive them.
I currently have a zune HD and a Fiio e5.
Should I buy a ibasso dx50 or pb2?
I will also be using either with my other headphones/earphones:
Akg k550
Sennheiser hd598
Sennheiser amperior
Triplefi 10
ACS t15

Although my main concern is driving the k702s I wouldn't mind if my other headphones also benefit

I'm located in Australia so any other alternative options available here are also welcome

Thanks

Hello

The PB2 if you plan to balance mod your headphones. It also offer more power than the DX50. The K702 will benefit with more power :)

btw, add me at LoL US @ "TechnoHeadphone" xD 

Hope it helps
Billson

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #5 of 17
Thanks for the reply Billson,
I'm not to familiar with balancing mods, is that to do with switching the cables? Does the pb2 work with the akg702 without modding?

I transferred my main "iJanna" to the oceanic server already so I won't be able to play LoL with you unfortunately :p

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #6 of 17
You watched the part of the video about DX50? I'm not so knowledgeable about portables. I have some curiosity about Fiio. Some members I respect and have met use their products, specifically: E5, E09K, E12, E17, & X3.

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #7 of 17
Oh yeah sorry I forgot to mention that my internet is currently capped so I was only able to read the text in the thread
Could you perhaps give me an overview?:D
It would be greatly appreciated

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #8 of 17
What I remember is that the OS is very buggy and crashes. He calls the product "half-baked," good hardware with a (currently) bad OS.

It reminds me of a tech article I read that argued that Google had made only half a phone when it developed Android. That was written pre-Nexus 4.

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:28 AM Post #9 of 17
I guess the pb2 is the better option at the moment.
Would it be a waste of money if I don't balance the akg k702?
Or should I buy a cheaper amplifier without the balancing compatibility

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #10 of 17
I guess the pb2 is the better option at the moment.
Would it be a waste of money if I don't balance the akg k702?
Or should I buy a cheaper amplifier without the balancing compatibility

the PB2 will work with the K702 without balance mod. Balance mod somehow improve the sound quality and of course as the name it self says "better balance" xD

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #12 of 17
  the PB2 will work with the K702 without balance mod. Balance mod somehow improve the sound quality and of course as the name it self says "better balance" xD

That's right so far as I know. (I once tried to buy it, but they were out of stock.)

It's definitely not a waste of time to use K702 unbalanced. Balancing will lessen distortion slightly if you have a fully balanced system. Regardless, there are probably weak links worth attending to instead, such as source and file format.

Dec 26, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #14 of 17
WAITTTT hold on sir! I just realized you have a pair of IEM... The PB2 may be too loud/powerful for it. I am not so sure but it is best to use your Triple-Fi 10 directly with your DAP not PB2 xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back