iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Oct 8, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #3,601 of 3,626
No... no... no... it's coming back in a big way... maybe it was a little too dormant... the iHA-6 is starting to make friends with the DX220Max line out and the HEK Stealth are starting to play.

Oct 8, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #3,602 of 3,626
As soon as I turn it on my dongles destroy it (DC04PRO-W4-M15-RU6-RU7)... I'll also have to do a bit of burn-in on my ears to get used to it again, it's been a while since I used it.
If you haven't used it for some time, the caps need to reform etc. I have found this out over many years.

Oct 8, 2023 at 8:10 PM Post #3,603 of 3,626
If you haven't used it for some time, the caps need to reform etc. I have found this out over many years.
In fact, now the good old MAX that I remembered is back and in any case congratulations on the headphones you have, all together they cannot be found even in the best CanJam. :wink:

Oct 15, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #3,604 of 3,626
The DX220MAX has awakened from hibernation and has met a new friend... the HE1000 Stealth. Great synergy!!!

220.jpg

Oct 30, 2023 at 5:18 AM Post #3,605 of 3,626
Well, I just sold it, for 800usd
Have no idea what to buy next. Black friday in about a month, need to make some decision

I just loved my MAX, except software side and I always lacked a bass, just by a little bit, size is no issue for me

My friend borrowed me Fiio m11s but after MAX it is just unlistenable, cant stand it even for few minutes

Any advise would be appreciated, I can add another 300-400 $ to 800 i got from sale and with black friday around the corner hope to get worthy replacment

Thanx

P.S. I have nothing against buying used one, so my options are not limited to new unit only

Oct 30, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #3,606 of 3,626
Well, I just sold it, for 800usd
Have no idea what to buy next. Black friday in about a month, need to make some decision

I just loved my MAX, except software side and I always lacked a bass, just by a little bit, size is no issue for me

My friend borrowed me Fiio m11s but after MAX it is just unlistenable, cant stand it even for few minutes

Any advise would be appreciated, I can add another 300-400 $ to 800 i got from sale and with black friday around the corner hope to get worthy replacment

Thanx

P.S. I have nothing against buying used one, so my options are not limited to new unit only
And why not a dongle that has the heart of the DX320, without spending on useless things like: battery, screen, operating system, battery, etc.. etc...
You only pay for what you need... AMP and DAC.
It comes out in November, should cost around $430 and has everything you need to make you happy. :wink:

P.S. as soon as it comes out it will be mine!

DC_Elite.jpg

Oct 31, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #3,607 of 3,626
And why not a dongle that has the heart of the DX320, without spending on useless things like: battery, screen, operating system, battery, etc.. etc...
You only pay for what you need... AMP and DAC.
It comes out in November, should cost around $430 and has everything you need to make you happy. :wink:

P.S. as soon as it comes out it will be mine!

Thank you for your suggestion !

Unfortunately it won't work, as I prefer standalone dap, cant use 2 units with connected cables and staking issues. For instance I have ifi xdsd and almost never use it, I also dont like dongles, conected to my phone, so I am looking for another great dap to replace my max

Oct 31, 2023 at 2:26 PM Post #3,608 of 3,626
If you want to maintain the quality of the MAX you have two ways:
1) Don't sell it
2) Reach 1500 euros and take the DX320

(personal opinion)

Oct 31, 2023 at 8:03 PM Post #3,609 of 3,626
Hello all. I just wanted to say that the person posting here was not me. I was compromised.

Password changed now.

Thanks

Oct 31, 2023 at 9:01 PM Post #3,610 of 3,626
Hello all. I just wanted to say that the person posting here was not me. I was compromised.

Password changed now.

Thanks
Well... anyway this seems like your first post on this thread...

Nov 1, 2023 at 3:43 AM Post #3,611 of 3,626
If you want to maintain the quality of the MAX you have two ways:
1) Don't sell it
2) Reach 1500 euros and take the DX320

(personal opinion)

Well, it has been sold, that's why I posted my question, but to be honest I realize that I made a mistake selling it

1500 euros equal 1600 usd, I am pretty sure on black Friday I will be able to buy something with good discount, but i need to have some options, because it could be that some specific model wont receive any price drop at all, or just a little discount

So after reading and reading and again reading (unfortunately in my country you won't find any store that has daps above 200$ in the store, so I cant try before buying) I made a short list

DX300Max
DX320 (and purchasing different amps in the future)
Hiby RS6 (very much intrigued by this one, but as I understood its totally different sound compared to 220max)
Fiio M15S (not sure, not sure)
Going back to 220Max (re purchase)
Please add some more options from Cayin or Shanling offerings?

by the way I am using my daps 95% of time with iems

there are few more very promising daps, but without streaming and that is a no go for me : (

as already mentioned I am also ok to purchase used unit, of course in a good condition

Thanx a lot

Nov 1, 2023 at 10:07 AM Post #3,612 of 3,626
Well, it has been sold, that's why I posted my question, but to be honest I realize that I made a mistake selling it

1500 euros equal 1600 usd, I am pretty sure on black Friday I will be able to buy something with good discount, but i need to have some options, because it could be that some specific model wont receive any price drop at all, or just a little discount

So after reading and reading and again reading (unfortunately in my country you won't find any store that has daps above 200$ in the store, so I cant try before buying) I made a short list

DX300Max
DX320 (and purchasing different amps in the future)
Hiby RS6 (very much intrigued by this one, but as I understood its totally different sound compared to 220max)
Fiio M15S (not sure, not sure)
Going back to 220Max (re purchase)
Please add some more options from Cayin or Shanling offerings?

by the way I am using my daps 95% of time with iems

there are few more very promising daps, but without streaming and that is a no go for me : (

as already mentioned I am also ok to purchase used unit, of course in a good condition

Thanx a lot
Mojo2 + RS3 Pro or Saber + Cayin usb to coax IC = Magic sound......

Nov 2, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #3,613 of 3,626
Mojo2 + RS3 Pro or Saber + Cayin usb to coax IC = Magic sound......
2 devices : ( I need standalone dap, otherwise I would follow your advise

Nov 3, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #3,615 of 3,626

Users who are viewing this thread

Back