iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jul 8, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #3,556 of 3,626
Good day to all, I need some advice. My dx220 max analogue battery icon is missing and I am unable to hear audio from all the output. The android part is working well though. May I know if there is any settings I can do? I just received this used set. Thanks.
Managed to solve this via system update but analogue battery is at 0% despite charging. And I still cannot hear any audio even with the power plugged in. I think the battery is gone

Jul 29, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #3,563 of 3,626
Dx220max is really interesting.

Instead of the overly intense/dry sound we are used to with ESS Sabre implementations (see Gustard x26pro DAC reviews). Ibasso have implemented the ESS dacs of the dx220max to be as fluid/velvety of a well implemented AKM dac. It's amazing

Too bad, there is no refresh to this model. But I got the dx300max also, so that is my refresh indirectly. But the dx220max is not obsolete.

Hence, why I imagine the peaky mdr-z1r does well with your dx220max.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #3,564 of 3,626
Dx220max is really interesting.

Instead of the overly intense/dry sound we are used to with ESS Sabre implementations (see Gustard x26pro DAC reviews). Ibasso have implemented the ESS dacs of the dx220max to be as fluid/velvety of a well implemented AKM dac. It's amazing

Too bad, there is no refresh to this model. But I got the dx300max also, so that is my refresh indirectly. But the dx220max is not obsolete.

Hence, why I imagine the peaky mdr-z1r does well with your dx220max.
I have done some mod to tame that peakiness to the MDR Z1R as well :) as upgrades

The MDR Z1R can be had for amazing values in the used market, and with some mods, it is an amazing set of closed back

Sep 3, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #3,566 of 3,626
Hi, All! Guys, plese tell me the models of batteries (both amp and DAC). Got a problem they just have swollen inside the case(((
You need to order them from iBasso. I have looked other places before but it always turned out that getting them from the manufacture of the device works out best. Same recently for the Little Bear B4-X amp I got.

Sep 4, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #3,567 of 3,626
Have disassebled the device. There are 3 Li Po batteries connected to the board by 3 pin wires. . 1-st one is single batterie 3,7V with 4400mAh, second and third are combined from 2 batteries each 3,7V , 900mAh. The sections are connected to give about 8V each pair. All are connected to the protection boards. There are a lot of such battaries on Ali Express. Some of them goes with protection boards with 2 pins but I think it is not a problem to resolder them to the native iBasso protection boards. Here goes the photos.

Attachments

• bat1.jpg
    bat1.jpg
    508.3 KB · Views: 0
  • bat2.jpg
    bat2.jpg
    581.5 KB · Views: 0
  • bat3.jpg
    bat3.jpg
    679.8 KB · Views: 0
Sep 4, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #3,568 of 3,626
Have disassebled the device. There are 3 Li Po batteries connected to the board by 3 pin wires. . 1-st one is single batterie 3,7V with 4400mAh, second and third are combined from 2 batteries each 3,7V , 900mAh. The sections are connected to give about 8V each pair. All are connected to the protection boards. There are a lot of such battaries on Ali Express. Some of them goes with protection boards with 2 pins but I think it is not a problem to resolder them to the native iBasso protection boards. Here goes the photos.
Thanks for sharing. Can u disclose what may have caused the bloated batteries? Did u leave the player connected to power sources at all time?

Sep 4, 2022 at 11:34 AM Post #3,570 of 3,626
Exactly! But I did not think it is wrong.... Actually the player is still working but obviously the batteries should be exchanged.
BTW iBasso has sent me the quote for all 3 batteries. 65USD... well not too much I would say
I did something similar to my Archos 5 from many years ago and the same thing happened as well. Glad that it doesn’t cost arm and leg for new batteries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back