iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Oct 29, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #2,866 of 3,626
Really digging the dx220 max. Noticing a pretty significant difference in the higher frequencies with burn in. It sounds more refined and controlled. With this setup, I noticed the treble was a bit splashy when I first got the max, but now it’s sounding fantastic :)

60BFFA80-913E-47E6-9C83-53440F9D8AB5.jpeg

Oct 29, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #2,868 of 3,626
Same experience here. Also no idea why.
I would think that when it boots up so slow is because it entered a “total off” stage. It had to reboot all over again ? When it boots up faster , it is likely that it was just into deep sleep mode ?
Anyways, it is all good, so I just don’t care much. Lol!

Oct 29, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #2,869 of 3,626
I would think that when it boots up so slow is because it entered a “total off” stage. It had to reboot all over again ? When it boots up faster , it is likely that it was just into deep sleep mode ?
Anyways, it is all good, so I just don’t care much. Lol!
Sounds logical indeed. I always turn of the power completely, but starting sometimes is within one minute, sometimes several. But when using it, I still get the WOW effect!

Oct 29, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #2,870 of 3,626
I have the same experience of turn on time sometimes takes minuts... I think that this got to do with the Android mode, for exemple if I stay allways in mango IOS and turn off when I turn it on is super fast, but if I change to android to make some music upload and them change to mango IOS, and them turn it off it takes minuts to turn on, I don't know why and maybe I am nuts but thats what happens

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #2,871 of 3,626
I observe that sometimes after turning off when turned on again, the device boots quickly, and sometimes very slowly ... What is the reason?
If you use my add-on, you can PM me with system logs collected from USB Audio app, System settings, right after a long boot, and I'll try to tell you the reason.

Oct 29, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #2,872 of 3,626
Anyone knowing a way to reliably prevent max from disconnecting from router without keeping display on all the time?
Can get annoying with Amazon Music HD
Aquire Wakelock supposed to solve this?
But that's in Lurkers ROM only for the supported USB Audio Apps and not for Amazon Music HD, right?
Only reliable alternative that works reliably for me is connecting as DAC with iPhone OTG as iPhone router connection is stable also with screen off but I won't need a DAP for this.
This seems to be worth a firmware update...

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #2,873 of 3,626
@dafos58 provided me log files from a long boot. 2.5 minutes of the file system check of the internal storage. That's what I said before...

Oct 30, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #2,875 of 3,626
@dafos58 provided me log files from a long boot. 2.5 minutes of the file system check of the internal storage. That's what I said before...
That’s a good point!
That’s not very often case for MAX for me but very often to DX220. And sometimes I lose files (complete folder or few folders) on SD card. Free space only releases after file system check.
Shouldn’t we ask Paul to escalate that issue to his developers?

Oct 30, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #2,876 of 3,626
Is there any reason why this happens?
In general, in can be due to many write operations right before turning the device off. It also may happen on sudden power off (low battery case). In your particular case it is the reason:
Code:
[  149.040693] fsck.f2fs: Info: checkpoint state = 54 :  fsck compacted_summary sudden-power-off\x0a
though it does not mean that it really happened. Actually, your fs had no problems, it only was not "closed" properly. It may happen that eMMC looses power before flushing its buffers. Googling for the message, you can find out that it happens in Linux with non-ext4 file systems, and the usedata partition is f2fs.

Oct 30, 2020 at 10:59 AM Post #2,877 of 3,626
In general, in can be due to many write operations right before turning the device off. It also may happen on sudden power off (low battery case). In your particular case it is the reason:
Code:
[  149.040693] fsck.f2fs: Info: checkpoint state = 54 :  fsck compacted_summary sudden-power-off\x0a
though it does not mean that it really happened. Actually, your fs had no problems, it only was not "closed" properly. It may happen that eMMC looses power before flushing its buffers. Googling for the message, you can find out that it happens in Linux with non-ext4 file systems, and the usedata partition is f2fs.
I always use the Max connected with external power. I remove the external power after closing the Max (pushing Power-of buton) but I'm not always waiting until it's totally closed. Can this be the cause of it?

Oct 30, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #2,878 of 3,626
Can this be the cause of it?
No: it has a battery!

OK, some more info. This is well known Android problem, but it does not disturb most of users, because most of Android devices are never turned off. I've investigated it some years ago, with DX200, and implemented explicit sync and unmount of the userdata partition at shutdown in my add-on. It does not prevent fs check itself, but it does prevent fs errors, which sometimes happened before. DX220Max has twice more built-in flash than DX200/220, that's why it is more noticeable.

If you use DX220Max every day, just don't turn it off and let it sleep.

Oct 30, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #2,879 of 3,626
And sometimes I lose files (complete folder or few folders) on SD card.
This is quite different case, most probably related to your SD card or how it is formatted. With properly exFAT formatted SD-card and kernel level exFAT driver (which is used in iBasso DAPs), the file system should be flushed and closed in a couple of seconds after the end of write.

Oct 30, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #2,880 of 3,626
Anyone knowing a way to reliably prevent max from disconnecting from router without keeping display on all the time?
Can get annoying with Amazon Music HD
Aquire Wakelock supposed to solve this?
But that's in Lurkers ROM only for the supported USB Audio Apps and not for Amazon Music HD, right?
Only reliable alternative that works reliably for me is connecting as DAC with iPhone OTG as iPhone router connection is stable also with screen off but I won't need a DAP for this.
This seems to be worth a firmware update...
@Lurker0 Any idea for a potential fix through your ROM or do you say that's core Android related and has to be adressed through ibasso firmware?
I have googled different solutions through android settings which all seem to be unavailable in the stock Ibasso Oreo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back