iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jun 5, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #857 of 3,626
It has analog volume control, like a real desktop hardware. Thus you can't track it digitally to display on the screen. This is a compromise of the design. And just like with desktop hardware, when going between iems and headphones with different sensitivity, you just have to make it a habit to turn the volume dial down.

Regarding lack of hw transport control buttons, I think one work around would be to use something like android Bluetooth media remote control. I used to have one before, need to find it for testing.

It would be awesome if I could find the bluetooth remote which is compatible with DX220 max. If you could touch basis on that on your review, I'd be more than excited! :)

Jun 5, 2020 at 12:24 PM Post #858 of 3,626
For what it worth, I had DX220 MAX with ibasso's burn-in dongle connected to 4.4mm BAL headphone output, playing a track in the loop with analog volume dial all the way to the max. Of course, this is NOT a realistic battery test, but I started from 100% on both digital and analog batteries, and now 4hrs later digital battery is at 59% and analog battery is at 52%. I will do a real battery test soon, but for now as part of the initial burn in test, these numbers look quite promising.

Jun 5, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #860 of 3,626
For what it worth, I had DX220 MAX with ibasso's burn-in dongle connected to 4.4mm BAL headphone output, playing a track in the loop with analog volume dial all the way to the max. Of course, this is NOT a realistic battery test, but I started from 100% on both digital and analog batteries, and now 4hrs later digital battery is at 59% and analog battery is at 52%. I will do a real battery test soon, but for now as part of the initial burn in test, these numbers look quite promising.
I kinda agree that the DAC sections is lasting about 8 hours or so, which is 2 hours better than the Dx228 portable system or little brother. The analog batteries will depends on how hard the load is to drive. I use hd800s and I feel like it could last longer than the DAC sections

It is all good, since DMP Z1 also last about similar playback time when it has a more aggressive firmware that push the digital processing a little further

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #862 of 3,626
Think I’m going to pull the trigger on the Max to be a home listening sort of setup since all I have right now is my M15.

I hate this hobby.

I thought you went for the SP2000. That is actually also my setup-to-be: M15 on the move, MAX at home.

Jun 5, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #863 of 3,626
I thought you went for the SP2000. That is actually also my setup-to-be: M15 on the move, MAX at home.

I did go back to the SP2000 but I ended up selling it again as I couldn’t deal with the size/weight for a portable setup. The M15 is so much better ergonomically than the SP2000 and lighter (even though its a big DAP too) that the difference is too convenient for me.

Yeah, I think the M15 and Max combo will be great.

Jun 5, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #866 of 3,626
I have the iRiver remote paired with the Max. Works for pause, play, back and forward. The volume control works on the digital section but I leave my digital at 140, per iBasso. Easy to use but since this is more of a desktop dap, I don't have issue with not having a remote but it does work.

I notice that the sound expands, though still excellent imaging, over everything else I have. It gives you all the feel of the acoustical space, so notes trail off into the distance. Piano sounds real and violin is very sweet and has excellent body.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #867 of 3,626
Just FIY, Max Stainless Steel body isn’t Coated, it is conductive!!!! And so is the volume knob :wink:

😬😲😳

We can get electrocuted !!! As bonus for musical effect??? Awsome

Jun 5, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #868 of 3,626
How about a hand strap or something to tie it to the wrist and hand to bring around and walking with it ?

😬😲😳

We can get electrocuted !!! As bonus for musical effect??? Awsome

Nahhh, WM1Z body is also conductive, you still have your tiger fur in tact

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #869 of 3,626
How about a hand strap or something to tie it to the wrist and hand around walking with it ?

No thanks. Are you going to use it as a weapon? :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back