iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
May 25, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #676 of 3,626
Looks really well built and I like the size and design. I wish they would turn it on and show the UI.

It screams "I am made for desktop, don't you dare try to put me in your shirt pocket, I will tear it apart!" :D Yes, it is a nice desktop design.

May 25, 2020 at 10:40 AM Post #678 of 3,626
I watched ten minutes

and it was self introductions ...

Banter

and dx220max size, price, does it fit in a pocket etc

banter

nothing major

i will watch the rest another time.

——————————-

UI was basically fhe same as DX220 when i tried it late last year

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #679 of 3,626
We use the XMOS chip to integrate DSD512. It isn't the CPU that is required but to bridge to the CPU and we use XMOS.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 25, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #681 of 3,626
May 25, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #682 of 3,626
I wonder if both DACs will be used for SE mode. How is it for DX220?

My main question is actually is the software stability. The reason I sold my DX220 was the some horrible bugs like losing one channel when switching DSD <-> FLAC, or hearing loud noise over the audio, and it only recovered with a restart. Is software now stable on DX220?

May 25, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #683 of 3,626
I wonder if both DACs will be used for SE mode. How is it for DX220?

My main question is actually is the software stability. The reason I sold my DX220 was the some horrible bugs like losing one channel when switching DSD <-> FLAC, or hearing loud noise over the audio, and it only recovered with a restart. Is software now stable on DX220?
I have never encountered these issues :/ ?

May 25, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #684 of 3,626
I have never encountered these issues :/ ?

I didn't see them every time but maybe 1 out of 10, maybe more. I don't remember exactly, it was last year. I was doing many DSD512 tests. As far as I remember, I didn't install any other firmware.

Anyway, I am _thinking_ of getting the MAX but also keep the M15 for a portable solution. Let's see when and if it will hit the shores of EU.

Anyone in EU importing DAPs from Asia, like Singapore, and can recommend a reseller I can trust? I am thinking of preordering from Jaben.

May 25, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #685 of 3,626
I didn't see them every time but maybe 1 out of 10, maybe more. I don't remember exactly, it was last year. I was doing many DSD512 tests. As far as I remember, I didn't install any other firmware.

Anyway, I am _thinking_ of getting the MAX but also keep the M15 for a portable solution. Let's see when and if it will hit the shores of EU.

Anyone in EU importing DAPs from Asia, like Singapore, and can recommend a reseller I can trust? I am thinking of preordering from Jaben.

I ordered mine from Jaben Singapore but shipping to US. Uncle Wilson and Ban are great people so you can trust them.

May 26, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #686 of 3,626
I ordered mine from Jaben Singapore but shipping to US. Uncle Wilson and Ban are great people so you can trust them.

🙀:smiley_cat::leopard: You got 1 woot

May 26, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #687 of 3,626
🙀:smiley_cat::leopard: You got 1 woot

Its smallish, portable in a bag, super powerful, streams Qobuz, has separate analog and digital sections and prob loads of MOD potential to turn it into a super powerhouse....

BUT what really sold me was the marketing video! I can literally feel the commitment, passion, sincerity and efforts put into development from the Engineer when he was speaking although he only had one facial expressionless throughout the video.. :smile:

May 26, 2020 at 1:48 AM Post #689 of 3,626
Definitely go with Jaben ! Recommended for your shopping
Isn't the DX220Max also sold in the US? Or is there a difference between the one sold in say Singapore?
Max is selling globally but the Chinese site is not too friendly, dealers who speak English can help out too. Main website isn’t listing it up yet ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back