iBasso DX220Max ****************** New FW! 1.01 for download! 1st Page.
Jun 7, 2020 at 10:32 PM Post #1,007 of 3,626
Jun 7, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #1,008 of 3,626
If you keep breaking 2.5mm plugs then change your behavoir, not the device.
:deadhorse::unamused: If you like them and have never broke one then your all good. But don't blame me if the cheap little plug, and no others, has broken in my devices. And since you don't know a thing about me I suggest you refrain from such inflammatory language.

Jun 7, 2020 at 11:04 PM Post #1,009 of 3,626
Let's get back to max topic, shall we?

Jun 7, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #1,010 of 3,626
Jun 8, 2020 at 1:46 AM Post #1,012 of 3,626
And how does it sound when you kick it? Come on guys, we need more impressions! :L3000:
I'd imagine when you kick it you'd get a stubbed toe. :)

That's a real solid brick of a DAP.

It's exciting and all at once laughable, it looks like a parody of itself!

What I want to know is how the Android works? Does youtube video lag the audio? Can I stream video without audio lag - lips not matching what is being said at that split second? Is there enough processing power to make everything work like on a modern high powered cell phone - or even one from 5 years ago?

Can I use the Android OS and Apps while in USB DAC mode, or BT Receive mode?

What CPU is inside of the DX220 MAX? Is it the same one as in the DX220?

Does the DX220 MAX sound like the DX200 + AMP8?

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #1,013 of 3,626
Does anybody have a Woo wa11 or Hugo 2 for size comparison against DMAX? I wanna see how transportable theses options are seeing that they need a source to function.

I'm just waiting for Bloom Audio's delivery here.

Jun 8, 2020 at 2:03 AM Post #1,014 of 3,626
I'd imagine when you kick it you'd get a stubbed toe. :)

That's a real solid brick of a DAP.

It's exciting and all at once laughable, it looks like a parody of itself!

What I want to know is how the Android works? Does youtube video lag the audio? Can I stream video without audio lag - lips not matching what is being said at that split second? Is there enough processing power to make everything work like on a modern high powered cell phone - or even one from 5 years ago?

Can I use the Android OS and Apps while in USB DAC mode, or BT Receive mode?

What CPU is inside of the DX220 MAX? Is it the same one as in the DX220?

Does the DX220 MAX sound like the DX200 + AMP8?

This device has a different focus and selling point, which is the amplification circuit and the sound quality, and Android performance is not really the point where we should judge it.

The SoC / CPU is the same as the DX220, so you won't be able to get any runtime performance close to M11/M15. It is an older 28nm RK3368. It does have BT receive mode and the real scenario for watching a video is, I think, watching on your mobile phone and using the MAX as a (BT) DAC.

But as I said, this is a player with a different focus.

Jun 8, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #1,015 of 3,626
This device has a different focus and selling point, which is the amplification circuit and the sound quality, and Android performance is not really the point where we should judge it.

The SoC / CPU is the same as the DX220, so you won't be able to get any runtime performance close to M11/M15. It is an older 28nm RK3368. It does have BT receive mode and the real scenario for watching a video is, I think, watching on your mobile phone and using the MAX as a (BT) DAC.

But as I said, this is a player with a different focus.
Even the M15 is doing the things I mentioned, so I was hoping the DX220 MAX had one-upped the M15 :frowning2:

Yes, and I've come to terms with "the players have a different focus", but I'm a UNIX / Linux / Google Android kind of guy and so there's that whole aspect of living with Android DAP's. But, we should be happy with what we have, and that's why I decided to keep the M15 instead of waiting what may be an infinite time before DAPs are as Android savvy as Phones and Tablets.

So how is the sound? Is it like the DX220 + AMP8 turned up to 8v RMS? :)

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020 at 2:18 AM Post #1,016 of 3,626
So how is the sound? Is it like the DX220 + AMP8 turned up to 8v RMS? :)

That is the million $ question. :) But the amp circuit is a complete new design with much better components and dedicated battery, so I would expect it to be much more than a fat AMP8.

Jun 8, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #1,017 of 3,626
Seems like
Does anybody have a Woo wa11 or Hugo 2 for size comparison against DMAX? I wanna see how transportable theses options are seeing that they need a source to function.

I'm just waiting for Bloom Audio's delivery here.

You would probably need the hugo 2 with the 2Go for the convenience of it acting like a standalone dap.

So it will be way longer than the Max, but be not as thick.

Unless you use your Hugo 2 alone stacked with your phone via uapp. (no 2go)

Jun 8, 2020 at 2:29 AM Post #1,018 of 3,626
Yes, and I've come to terms with "the players have a different focus", but I'm a UNIX / Linux / Google Android kind of guy and so there's that whole aspect of living with Android DAP's. But, we should be happy with what we have, and that's why I decided to keep the M15 instead of waiting what may be an infinite time before DAPs are as Android savvy as Phones and Tablets.

By the way, I am also a pure Linux person (I very very seldomly boot to Windows): I do work and develop under Linux, and sometimes play games, which are either pure Linux or run via Wine/Proton (I used to do Hackintosh sometimes, but it does not work _natively_ under my version of Threadripper CPU at the moment). But I frankly do not like Android at all, and I would prefer if a more native system like Ubuntu Touch would gain more traction. I think Andoid is a "mobile platform gone wrong" and even is a complete disaster - I wish it never happened.

Jun 8, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #1,019 of 3,626
By the way, I am also a pure Linux person (I very very seldomly boot to Windows): I do work and develop under Linux, and sometimes play games, which are either pure Linux or run via Wine/Proton (I used to do Hackintosh sometimes, but it does not work _natively_ under my version of Threadripper CPU at the moment). But I frankly do not like Android at all, and I would prefer if a more native system like Ubuntu Touch would gain more traction. I think Andoid is a "mobile platform gone wrong" and even is a complete disaster - I wish it never happened.
You could develop or modify the Linux based OS on these , the MangoOS

Jun 8, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #1,020 of 3,626
AudioHeaven in Poland informed me that they received the MAX and I placed the order! :)

You could develop or modify the Linux based OS on these , the MangoOS

Yes, I actually like the MangoOS and prefer it. Only problem is the Qobuz offline needs the nmad Android.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back