iBasso DX220 battery life issues?
Apr 8, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #31 of 44
That's the problem, even when powered off, my dx220 still loses 10% of battery charge an hour.

sounds like there’s something very wrong there. With the WiFi off I can leave the player on for over a week, losing maybe 5-10% per day, tops. Maybe shoot iBasso an e-mail? I’ve seen reports that they’ll send out replacement batteries for you to swap yourself if needed, but this may be more than just a bum battery...

Apr 11, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #32 of 44
Yep. Just a bad battery. Ibasso is sending a new one. Sounds like they are pretty aware that some of the batteries might be faulty. It’s not a big deal and ibasso support is tops. I also just got my amp8ex. Same battery issues but it sounds great. For what I use the dx220 for: streaming via uapp, it’s a great piece of gear. As long as I can keep swapping the battery and the android os stays updatable/works with uapp, I hope it lasts a long time.

Apr 11, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #33 of 44
Yep. Just a bad battery. Ibasso is sending a new one. Sounds like they are pretty aware that some of the batteries might be faulty. It’s not a big deal and ibasso support is tops. I also just got my amp8ex. Same battery issues but it sounds great. For what I use the dx220 for: streaming via uapp, it’s a great piece of gear. As long as I can keep swapping the battery and the android os stays updatable/works with uapp, I hope it lasts a long time.
Oh good, glad you are getting it sorted out. How is it going to happen? Is a dealer actually doin if for you?
I've paired my dx220 with amp 7 and mostly using one more triple driver on ear. And it sounds great.

Apr 13, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #34 of 44
Oh good, glad you are getting it sorted out. How is it going to happen? Is a dealer actually doin if for you?
I've paired my dx220 with amp 7 and mostly using one more triple driver on ear. And it sounds great.

ibasso is shipping a new battery, though I think I might ask them for the specs to see if I can get one quicker from amazon or a local store, as I'm in NYC and shipping from china is weird right now.

For example: I'm waiting for my KBEAR KB04 order from hifigo to arrive, it was shipped into New York on April 1st, then sent to Los Angeles for some reason, and now it's finally made its way back to the east coast and arrived in new jersey this morning. Considering all that's happening, it's hardly worth complaining about this, but was pretty weird. Maybe they don't have customs people working at JFK airport right now, so it needed to go to LAX.

And then ibasso is going to send me a video on how to replace the battery myself, as I think it's just a couple screws to open the case.

May 4, 2020 at 1:31 AM Post #36 of 44
Do any of you have the problem that pressing the power button to turn on the display suddenly freezes the dx220 completely?
Sorry, I haven't experienced that. Sounds like it could just be a software issue. Have you tried reinstalling/updating the firmware?

May 23, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #38 of 44
ibasso is shipping a new battery, though I think I might ask them for the specs to see if I can get one quicker from amazon or a local store, as I'm in NYC and shipping from china is weird right now.

For example: I'm waiting for my KBEAR KB04 order from hifigo to arrive, it was shipped into New York on April 1st, then sent to Los Angeles for some reason, and now it's finally made its way back to the east coast and arrived in new jersey this morning. Considering all that's happening, it's hardly worth complaining about this, but was pretty weird. Maybe they don't have customs people working at JFK airport right now, so it needed to go to LAX.

And then ibasso is going to send me a video on how to replace the battery myself, as I think it's just a couple screws to open the case.
Could someone who has the battery replacement video please post it or a link? I have the same battery issue and ibasso did ship a new one to me that arrived yesterday (btw, it took 30 days to Denver). I found a dx200 battery replacement video, but I want to see the dx220 before I start.

May 23, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #39 of 44
Could someone who has the battery replacement video please post it or a link? I have the same battery issue and ibasso did ship a new one to me that arrived yesterday (btw, it took 30 days to Denver). I found a dx200 battery replacement video, but I want to see the dx220 before I start.
link video?

May 23, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #40 of 44
I listen mainly with the ibasso dx220 "as source and DAC es 9028pro" connected to the SP 200 s.m.s.l, should I add the D50s topping as a DAC to my sutup or not? will i have audio enhancement?

Jun 8, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #42 of 44
I have just ordered iBasso DX220 today (8th June 2020). I’m looking for a new pair of IEM earphones. Which I come across with the last 2, campfire Polaris 2 and Oriveti OH500. I’m new here for Hi-Res music player. Please help.

ps. My apologies if I have posted in a wrong thread.

Jan 5, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #44 of 44
Could somone point me to the video that shows how to replace the battery on the Ibasso DX220
It's very easy, I just did it last week. There's a video on this site but I can't seem to find it....if you email paul@ibasso.com he can provide it.

The short of it is you buy the battery through Paul (takes a few weeks to receive if you're in the US); take out the amp module and there are two screws (one is under a white sticker you need to peel off) underneath where the amp was; remove those and either pry off the back panel or use the tool linked below (which made it very easy). Pry gently as there are 2 connectors, one at the bottom of the inside (the battery) and one at the top (something to do with wifi). I actually pulled too hard and the wifi one came undone but I don't use wifi so I didn't even bother trying to reattach...just tucked it away. The battery is affixed to the back panel you just pried off. Pull out the battery plug, pull the battery off the back, stick on the new one with some tape, plug it in, do the reverse steps and you're set. One recommendation is to put the battery off center to the side opposite the volume dial. When I put it back together the knob was stiff but it's because the battery impeded it turning. Opened it back up, moved the battery over a couple cm's, back to normal.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWPNRY8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Users who are viewing this thread

Back