iBasso DX220 battery life issues?
Aug 15, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #16 of 44
Poor battery life. 4 hours max if you use it. And why not use it ? Lol.
EQ like eqfy, Re EQ,noozxoide etc don't works with streaming services lie Spotify, soundcloud, Tidal etc.
They release firmware update for Amp 9 and they don't fix the most importants!
And the device isn't fast or smooth. Lags all the time if you use it normally.
Better to have only the ifi xidsd with my phone than this ridiculous Very bad device.
Shame to have Android and don't works as suppose to work.
I sold it already.
Never again ibasso.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #17 of 44
I believe the same cuz the screen.
Me too. 4 to 5 hours but I'm listening very loud music on high gain.
Sound is phenomenal.
Maybe the best of all.?
They must fix this. With more options for battery saving.
I have deactivate all the permissions from all apps and removed chrome and this Chinese play store.
I might root it and then I'll get the 7 to 8 hours for sure but maybe damage it or loose warranty.
Idk.

May I know which amp module are u using?

Aug 27, 2019 at 3:21 AM Post #20 of 44
I'm going to re-assess the Battery life on the amp9. Previously i shared my results using the amp1ii, @ a solid 5.5 hours all FLAC [some 24 bit] files being played...

upload_2019-8-27_11-20-0.png

Aug 27, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #21 of 44
I m very impressed always when I buy a new dap and I'm trying to convince myself that the player is good enough, battery and OS and sounds incredible but in case of the ibasso dx220 is exactly the opposite.

Poor battery life, thick device, bad OS, lags, eq apps don't work on music streaming services like Spotify, big heat, lagging on mango, poor parametric eq, no good response on touch screen. Do you want more?

Is more important the dual ess9028pro than 8 hours playback or no lags or a smoother and faster Operation system.

Bad guy audio reviews on you tube knows exactly what is telling.

I don't want to offense anyone.

Is just my opinion after a week trying to convince my self that is not anything bad about this device. Hearing and reading the useless reviews on internet I bought it.

Like I told I sold it already like many others on eBay.

If you are going to buy this device.
Don't waste your money and your time.

I Don't want to hear nothing from this thread or for Ibasso players.

I'm completely out from head fi.

Aug 28, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #22 of 44
I'm going to re-assess the Battery life on the amp9. Previously i shared my results using the amp1ii, @ a solid 5.5 hours all FLAC [some 24 bit] files being played...

...from yesterday to early morning today the battery life improved. from amp1ii i logged @ 5.5 hours up to 6 solid hours w/ 7% remaining on amp9. Satisfied w/ the results.
All FLAC files were playing, medium gain, V. 80-86...

upload_2019-8-28_10-41-23.png
upload_2019-8-28_10-44-29.png

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 7:15 AM Post #23 of 44
upload_2019-8-31_15-13-49.png

...From Last night 2100, i still managed another solid 6 hours w/ 6% remaining. High gain, v.84 - yeah it really sounded nice, effortless, Loud !

Sep 7, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #24 of 44
I dont get the folks complaining about how laggy the interface is - it’s not quite current gen smartphone fast, but it’s perfectly usable. All I need to do is pick an album and hit play, but maybe I’m old fashioned that way...

As for battery life, last stress test/single long listening session on a train ride, I got a sold 5.5 hours, Amp9, mid gain, volume around 90, battery went from 85% to 8% or so.

Sep 7, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #25 of 44
I dont get the folks complaining about how laggy the interface is - it’s not quite current gen smartphone fast, but it’s perfectly usable. All I need to do is pick an album and hit play, but maybe I’m old fashioned that way...

As for battery life, last stress test/single long listening session on a train ride, I got a sold 5.5 hours, Amp9, mid gain, volume around 90, battery went from 85% to 8% or so.
Yeap. Is more laggy than the acoustic research AR m2 with Android 4.4. Must expect something like the m11 pro at least or hiby r6 pro. Can't even come close to those. The 220 is laggy on Spotify. Unbelievable. Spotify still works with Android 4.4 and runs smoothly.
Battery life with wifi of, high gain, 120-130 volume, and screen on and off I've got about 4 hours. For some isn't laggy and is a good player,for me was only a good sounding player nothing more than that.

Sep 9, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #26 of 44

Perfectly usable indeed. At 5.5 that's very solid. Those are tubes & I love 'em. No complains here...

Apr 6, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #27 of 44
Can anyone recommend a replacement battery or have a link to one? My 220 is still under warranty but i'm in the states and don't want to a) ship it back to China or b) wait for a battery to get shipped from china. I'm fine with getting 5.5 hours of play time, but my issue is the battery loses about 10% of charge an hour even when not playing music, or completely turned off. Compare that to like the battery in my sony BT headphones, turned them on for the first time in at least 3 months and the battery was still at 70%.

BTW for the people in here upset with the device: I'll admit that the OS can be a little laggy at times, but it's not bad at all. I also use it ONLY for streaming with UAPP which means I get 10-band parametric EQ for tidal or qobuz, as well as MQA playback. For listening when I'm not on wi-fi, you can download tracks inside the tidal or qobuz android apps for off-line listening. You don't get PEQ when you do this, but is still great. And for how incredible this thing sounds, I'm fine dealing with a little lag and only 5.5 hours of playtime.

Oh, and my Amp8ex is being delivered today and I'm super pumped.

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #28 of 44
Can anyone recommend a replacement battery or have a link to one? My 220 is still under warranty but i'm in the states and don't want to a) ship it back to China or b) wait for a battery to get shipped from china. I'm fine with getting 5.5 hours of play time, but my issue is the battery loses about 10% of charge an hour even when not playing music, or completely turned off. Compare that to like the battery in my sony BT headphones, turned them on for the first time in at least 3 months and the battery was still at 70%.

BTW for the people in here upset with the device: I'll admit that the OS can be a little laggy at times, but it's not bad at all. I also use it ONLY for streaming with UAPP which means I get 10-band parametric EQ for tidal or qobuz, as well as MQA playback. For listening when I'm not on wi-fi, you can download tracks inside the tidal or qobuz android apps for off-line listening. You don't get PEQ when you do this, but is still great. And for how incredible this thing sounds, I'm fine dealing with a little lag and only 5.5 hours of playtime.

Oh, and my Amp8ex is being delivered today and I'm super pumped.
Hi, ive since found that if you power the device down after listening it hardly loses anything. Its a bit inconvenient powering the thing on and off?, but i guess its not too much hassle.

Apr 6, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #29 of 44
Hi, ive since found that if you power the device down after listening it hardly loses anything. Its a bit inconvenient powering the thing on and off?, but i guess its not too much hassle.

That's the problem, even when powered off, my dx220 still loses 10% of battery charge an hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back