iBasso DX200 Questions
Jul 30, 2021 at 11:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

New Head-Fier
I bought an entry-level A&K (never thought I would spend the price of a washing machine on a player) and sent it back 24 hours later for what, for me, are two fatal flaws. So, before spending the refund on a DX200 from an online store I thought I would seek assistance and hope it can be provided here.

1. Does the DX200 allow proper folder playing? My collection does not have reliable music tags so I cannot browse by Genre, Artist, Album etc. I have (very approximate) Genre folders and within those, artist names folders then album names folders. Works for me. The A&K would allow a clumsy folder navigation and having found Track#1, would play it but would not then play the remaining tracks in the folder.

2. Can _any_ apk be installed? I have long been using Peter Shashkin’s Android Folder Player app on both my phone and my FiiO. Meets my needs exactly. Furthermore, I’d like to install my wireless earbuds control app (currently Melomania, but may soon include Sony). A&K allow the installation of only an approved set of apps and these were not included. It is a nonsense to have to connect to a phone to adjust, say, an earbud equaliser choice then connect to the player to decide if that adjustment is the one you want (and if not, connect back to the phone to start again). The phone and the FiiO allow earphone adjustments to be made live while Folder Player is playing - ideal.

3. What is the maximum size of microsd that can be used? Or, to ask another way, does it support 512GB (which is what I have and would want to use). The various information (quite old now) suggests 128GB and 256GB and there is a single reference to a Sandisk 40GB but more recent information is scarce. The A&K was fine on this issue.

Thank you.
Clive

Jan 2, 2023 at 6:21 AM Post #2 of 2
Yes, yes and yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back