iBasso DX200 (2016) Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 3, 2017 at 11:34 PM Post #17 of 40
I currently own a Fiio X5 III. How does the DX200 compare to the X5?

Tried them both with Zeus R for a short while, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt.
From my brief impression, DX200 is more airy and sounds more detailed than X5. Overall there DX200 has a better sense of control and imaging. 

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:34 AM Post #18 of 40
Tried them both with Zeus R for a short while, so take my opinion with a pinch of salt.
From my brief impression, DX200 is more airy and sounds more detailed than X5. Overall there DX200 has a better sense of control and imaging. 

Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it.☺️ So do you think the DX200 is more refined? How does the sound signature differ between the two? I've heard the DX200 sounds like a Ifi iDSD Black edition is that true?

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #19 of 40
Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it.☺️ So do you think the DX200 is more refined? How does the sound signature differ between the two? I've heard the DX200 sounds like a Ifi iDSD Black edition is that true?

You're most welcome!
Hmm I've not heard enough of the iDSD Black Label to comment about its sound signature. But yes, I do think that DX200 is more refined than X5III, especially in the midrange and bass.

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #20 of 40
You're most welcome!
Hmm I've not heard enough of the iDSD Black Label to comment about its sound signature. But yes, I do think that DX200 is more refined than X5III, especially in the midrange and bass.

That's one of my problems with the X5 is that it is a bit rough around the edges. I really liked it at first. The newness wore off though and it left me wanting more. Hopefully the DX200 will fill that hole....

Apr 7, 2017 at 10:46 AM Post #23 of 40
Hi, 

did any of you tried another player (like poweramp or vlc), is the sound quality the same if we don't use filters ?

Thanks,

Camille

I've been using foobar 2000....Don't hear much (if any) difference with the filters. At least with foobar, track order is correct!

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #26 of 40
Would Love to know the answer too!
smily_headphones1.gif

I have removed the screen protection and it's a lot better know.

For information it's a rigid protection, will be able to put it back.

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #27 of 40
I'm really enjoying my DX200. Outstanding DAP. The sound quality really shines in Mango. Has anyone gotten the same sound quality from Android mode? To me it's like night and day between the two. Mango is so smooth, detailed, and organic in comparison.

May 6, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #28 of 40
I have a few questions about peoples experience with the DX200... How long is everyone getting with the battery of the DX200? My battery runs out so quickly. Does everyones DX200 get so hot you can't pick it up for very long?

May 7, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #29 of 40
I have a few questions about peoples experience with the DX200... How long is everyone getting with the battery of the DX200? My battery runs out so quickly. Does everyones DX200 get so hot you can't pick it up for very long?

What format are you using? DSD 24/196 16/44 etc. Headphones and volume? How long does the DX200 run before needing to be recharged?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 7, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #30 of 40
What format are you using? DSD 24/196 16/44 etc. Headphones and volume? How long does the DX200 run before needing to be recharged?

I listen to all formats. It really doesn't matter what I listen to. Even happens with MP3s. I was listening to Tidal HiFi the other day and it seemed to run out just as quickly. I would say 4 to 5 hours of strait listening.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back