iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Aug 30, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #1,441 of 1,665
Thanks for the long reply first!

So, the battery. Weird thing is that with the screen off it still depletes like crazy. With the screen off, the bluetooth off, the wifi off, no music playing. I think there must be something on the player app that is looping like mad.

I see that for streaming I better use the phone...
Is the software up to date, the latest firmware? Have you done a factory reset?

Aug 30, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #1,442 of 1,665
Factory reset would return the device as it was one week ago. I will try for the sake of trying, but this ibasso was leaking battery since it was unwrapped.
Firmware is at 1.04 - I haven't seen any note in 1.05 related to performance or battery.

EDIT: has anyone installed any app to monitor the battery/cpu usage? The one for the Android OS on the ibasso is weirdly lacking on details.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #1,443 of 1,665
Thanks for the long reply first!

So, the battery. Weird thing is that with the screen off it still depletes like crazy. With the screen off, the bluetooth off, the wifi off, no music playing. I think there must be something on the player app that is looping like mad.

I see that for streaming I better use the phone...
The battery does drop even when not in use. The only way to preserve it is to shut it down and boot it up when you want to use it.

I have mine on my desk, so pretty much permanently connected to usb power.

Aug 30, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #1,444 of 1,665
The battery does drop even when not in use. The only way to preserve it is to shut it down and boot it up when you want to use it.

I have mine on my desk, so pretty much permanently connected to usb power.
but... why? I never had any android device that did this. Well, a one plus phone which was obviously badly designed (and ended up with burn ins and serious battery degradation). And what you say will dramatically decrease the durability of the battery, unless you prefer to change your dap every 2 years...

Aug 30, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #1,445 of 1,665
but... why? I never had any android device that did this. Well, a one plus phone which was obviously badly designed (and ended up with burn ins and serious battery degradation). And what you say will dramatically decrease the durability of the battery, unless you prefer to change your dap every 2 years...
Most likely something running in the background. My iPhone drains in standby, all of them do. The only way for a full charge in the morning is to have it on the charger. I turn off most everything when not in use.

Aug 30, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #1,446 of 1,665
yes. have yet to have a card to complete the scan. all brands and sizes used. These cards all scan fine on FIIO music and HIBY music apps , no issue whatsover. Other devices no issues either. Is there something unique to Mango that a certain file or file heirarchy that might cause the issue? I know i can scan the card in Windows, but is there a 3rd party app that would be better? My file heirarchy is for example A-C/ Artist/ Album/song. I'm really very frustrate here as i prefer Mango to other player. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
If you pick the album from folder view, will it scan and play?

If might be easier if you email me at paul@ibasso.com .

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Sep 2, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #1,449 of 1,665
I'd like to use the DX170, say, 60% of the time line-out to an amp/speakers. Are there any ill effects to leaving it plugged into a USB-C charger all the time?
I think you can set it to charge to 80% but not sure. When not in use, I unplug mine.

Sep 17, 2023 at 11:17 AM Post #1,451 of 1,665
Hi all.

Was there ever a fix for either Wavlet showing the AutoEQ option, and Poweramp Equalizer not making the volume really quiet?

I bought the DX170 as a portable DAP that I could use while out and about, and value EQ apps working.

I've tried to factory reset, and I have tried to use the factory reset tool to manually put a firmware on without any luck. Thanks.

Sep 17, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #1,452 of 1,665
Hi all.

Was there ever a fix for either Wavlet showing the AutoEQ option, and Poweramp Equalizer not making the volume really quiet?

I bought the DX170 as a portable DAP that I could use while out and about, and value EQ apps working.

I've tried to factory reset, and I have tried to use the factory reset tool to manually put a firmware on without any luck. Thanks.
Have you contacted the 3rd party companies that make the apps?

Sep 17, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #1,454 of 1,665

Users who are viewing this thread

Back