iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Dec 1, 2022 at 9:08 AM Post #828 of 1,654
Hey, I'm in the same boat as you. But I did pull the trigger on the first one...
It should be shipped in 4 days. I'm kind of sceptical but at least I do have Aliexpress protection as well as PayPal.
I did check the orders and reviews on other offers from the same store, as well as checked the reviewers. I'm still a bit sceptical but I hope I get it
Hey man how did you purchase go? Alixpress just cancelled and refunded my order coz they said they "couldn't ship it on time"

Dec 1, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #829 of 1,654
Hey man how did you purchase go? Alixpress just cancelled and refunded my order coz they said they "couldn't ship it on time"
Hey, I just wanted to message you to ask the same. So I got a notification that the seller shipped the product, but the location of the package didn't update for 6 days (I kept messaging him meanwhile, he was replying) but at the end he told me that the package got lost and he will refund me the money. So now I did open the dispute, hopefully it will go quickly

Dec 1, 2022 at 11:15 AM Post #830 of 1,654
Aliexpress is legit. Been using it for years. But its like any online ebay with different sellers and you should always be careful. Aliexpress is from China so whatever you order check the seller history and reviews (some are fake be aware). Also anything on the site takes a long time for shipping anywhere from 2-4 weeks on average. Also when you pay for something the money is held from the seller until you get the item and say everything is ok then the funds is released to the seller. Been this way for a while unless they changed something recently. Also keep in mind the state of china right now is not good. They are having a hard time with the policies locking everything down. This also makes it hard to get things shipped. But if you are that worried maybe purchasing from a place in the states would be a better option even if its a little higher for less stress and piece of mind. Up to you just thought i would chime in.

Dec 1, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #831 of 1,654
Aliexpress is legit. Been using it for years. But its like any online ebay with different sellers and you should always be careful. Aliexpress is from China so whatever you order check the seller history and reviews (some are fake be aware). Also anything on the site takes a long time for shipping anywhere from 2-4 weeks on average. Also when you pay for something the money is held from the seller until you get the item and say everything is ok then the funds is released to the seller. Been this way for a while unless they changed something recently. Also keep in mind the state of china right now is not good. They are having a hard time with the policies locking everything down. This also makes it hard to get things shipped. But if you are that worried maybe purchasing from a place in the states would be a better option even if its a little higher for less stress and piece of mind. Up to you just thought i would chime in.
I do get it, I do order from Aliexpress for a couple of years, it was just a good price and reviews were fine (checked the store reviews and the reviewers themselves) but nevertheless I did order several items at the same time I did order the dap, I did get all of the other items. At least the seller is responsive in my case and told me straight away that the package is lost, so I guess it is fine

Dec 4, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #836 of 1,654
The dredded lost package is common from Aliexpress cheaper shipping. Sorry to hear it was lost. I hope your getting you money back.

Just a quick update. Got my refund already ! (a bit surprised that it went so fast)
I guess I will be waiting for sales in the future, or a new Sony DAP...

Dec 7, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #837 of 1,654
Does anyone know if the screen dimensions on the DX170 are the same as the DX160 - So if I bought a screen protector for the DX160, it will work on the 170.
Is anyone using a 3rd party screen protector for the Dx170 they can recommend? or are people fine with not using a screen protector at all?

Dec 7, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #838 of 1,654
Does anyone know if the screen dimensions on the DX170 are the same as the DX160 - So if I bought a screen protector for the DX160, it will work on the 170.
Is anyone using a 3rd party screen protector for the Dx170 they can recommend? or are people fine with not using a screen protector at all?
They are the same. I never use a screen protector. But might if I was doing a lot more travel but then again, maybe not. :^)

Dec 8, 2022 at 1:40 PM Post #839 of 1,654
How is the performance of the 170 for local playback using included mango player? I won't really use streaming on the device, I don't expect album art to load in instantly, but I can't stand unregistered inputs from a touch screen.

Also how's the battery life in standby with the screen off in airplane mode?

Dec 8, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #840 of 1,654
How is the performance of the 170 for local playback using included mango player? I won't really use streaming on the device, I don't expect album art to load in instantly, but I can't stand unregistered inputs from a touch screen.

Also how's the battery life in standby with the screen off in airplane mode?
For me the battery life is great. When I am done with a dap I turn them off but I would guess standby should be good on it. The sound, IMO, is excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back