iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Nov 27, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #811 of 1,652
Nov 27, 2022 at 2:34 PM Post #812 of 1,652
What is Bandcamp?
its a music service (they also have an android app) where you can stream, buy and download music from both established and non established artists. its very good as you can download in wav, flac etc. u pay one fee then decide.

i can buy download and stick on the microsd obviously. but its a shame I can't stream, listen on the device before buying.

https://bandcamp.com/

cheers

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #813 of 1,652
its a music service (they also have an android app) where you can stream, buy and download music from both established and non established artists. its very good as you can download in wav, flac etc. u pay one fee then decide.

i can buy download and stick on the microsd obviously. but its a shame I can't stream, listen on the device before buying.

https://bandcamp.com/

cheers
What about Qobuz?

Nov 28, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #816 of 1,652
The only issue I still have with my DX170 is that most of the UK based radio apps I've tried don't work. Radio Player, BBC Sounds, Classic FM all install, but then crash upon opening. Actually, Radio Player doesn't even appear as a downloadable option in the Play Store. @Paul - iBasso any ideas?

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #819 of 1,652
ok first Impressions really like it.

little bit bigger and chunkier than i expected

im coming from a google pixel and i think the speed and responsiveness of the player is totally fine. dont find it laggy.

im running tidal, mango player, audible, and pocket casts. all are responsive, obviously not as much as the pixel but for how i use them I see no problems. certainly not bad like id read in this thread.

on the android apps im downloading the albums and podcasts i want and listen to them offline for the most part.

shame bandcamp doesnt work.

battery has been better than what i was lead to believe. playing tidal and flacs on bus on way to work i lost about 10% in an hour and a half so seems about right. this is using jabra elite bluetooth earphones using noise cancelling.

sound is good a tad tad brighter than i normally like but still ok.

i also used it when i got to work plugged into the pc as a usb dac to speakers. sounded good and worked as it should

overall im happy and itll replace my smartphone google pixel and thus help me aimlessly scrolling thru crap.

cheers

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #820 of 1,652
those who are using the player portable, what case do u use with the player? any photos? at the moment just using the plastic one that comes with it but i think it makes it a more chunky boy and i dont love how it looks.

cheers

Nov 28, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #821 of 1,652
those who are using the player portable, what case do u use with the player? any photos? at the moment just using the plastic one that comes with it but i think it makes it a more chunky boy and i dont love how it looks.

cheers
Didn't it come with a clear case? That is what I use.

Nov 28, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #823 of 1,652
lol im sure no one here reads my posts
I just read the first part. Really busy here and trying to help but I think the clear case is a good option. All I see anyone using is the TPU case, on the thread. Good protection and good grip factor.

Nov 28, 2022 at 4:36 PM Post #824 of 1,652
I've downloaded both foobar200 and vlc both sound like they should. vlc has a nicer interface than mango. foobar is fast but interface is clunky. might see if i can skin it.

also not tested it but vlc is bringing up my casting devices which is promising

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #825 of 1,652

cheers
I custom cut vinyl wraps or adhesive backed leather patches for my DAPs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back