iBasso DX170 You want your Music? It is right here. *** NEW Firmware: 1.06 Apple support and other additions! ***
Dec 22, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #1,547 of 1,664
maybe it would fix the ui problems with certain android apps.

ibasso just fob u off
Really? I find iBasso is pretty responsive, especially here on the forum. Look for @Paul - iBasso to see how many times he has replied to others.

Dec 22, 2023 at 3:17 PM Post #1,548 of 1,664
Really? I find iBasso is pretty responsive, especially here on the forum. Look for @Paul - iBasso to see how many times he has replied to others.
yeah with me he told me the UI issue is a problem with the apps, even when any other android os version displays the apps correctly.

i mean if you cant or wont correct it then dont. but dont lie about it?

Dec 22, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #1,549 of 1,664
yeah with me he told me the UI issue is a problem with the apps, even when any other android os version displays the apps correctly.

i mean if you cant or wont correct it then dont. but dont lie about it?
There are issues with apps at times. Same on my MacBook Pro and it isn't the MacBook, the app needs to update to the current software of the computer. I get this with Lightroom and a few others at times and some apps have never updated, which is frustrating. More apps work on Windows stuff but I don't have Windows and sometimes software companies don't care to update. So many variables.

Dec 22, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #1,550 of 1,664
Is there any chance Wavelet can be fixed with the next update? Auto EQ only works through an external device but not standalone through the player?

Dec 22, 2023 at 10:05 PM Post #1,551 of 1,664
@Paul - iBasso Hey, can we get that on the DX160:
1. Parametric EQ gain adjustments are now accurate to 0.1dB per step.
Or have you dropped any support/update on it since the release of the DX170?

Dec 23, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #1,552 of 1,664
Hey, can we get that on the DX160:

Or have you dropped any support/update on it since the release of the DX170?
The last update for DX160 was 2022-08-01, three years after the original release date. I think that is about the norm for most devices like this. While I suppose it may still be possible, I wouldn't get your hopes up. If you really need a music player with more precise control of the EQ than Mango, you could use Neutron Music Player or Poweramp. Both have very flexible parametric EQ options.

Dec 23, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #1,554 of 1,664
They could just share the apk of Mango... No need for a full system update.
I guess I can see if I can extract it from the DX170 update zip :thinking:

Dec 23, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #1,555 of 1,664
this begs the question of why invest hundreds or thousands on devices that will only be supported for a couple of years but hey, it only took me a few months to see this purchase was a mistake.
Sorry, three years of update support for a device with a fixed purpose seems reasonable IMO. It's not like they cease to operate after that. But based on the design criteria for a hi-res music player that does exactly that, what additional updates need to be addressed? These aren't full blown phones, they simply use Android as the base OS to run the device. YMMV of course depending on what apps you use and expectations for those other than playing local music files.

Dec 23, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #1,556 of 1,664
this begs the question of why invest hundreds or thousands on devices that will only be supported for a couple of years but hey, it only took me a few months to see this purchase was a mistake.
I had to have my DX100 looked at not long ago. You know how old that is? Old and they still had parts and fixed it at a reasonable cost. So many companies don't even keep parts after a few years. They also have batteries for it. I have an Apple computer I paid a lot for. Apple no long does updates for it and no repairs. But it is used by my wife every day and she is happy with it.

Dec 24, 2023 at 7:34 AM Post #1,557 of 1,664
There are issues with apps at times. Same on my MacBook Pro and it isn't the MacBook, the app needs to update to the current software of the computer. I get this with Lightroom and a few others at times and some apps have never updated, which is frustrating. More apps work on Windows stuff but I don't have Windows and sometimes software companies don't care to update. So many variables.
nah. the ui is fine using any other android implementation. just ibasso's doesn't.

Dec 24, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #1,558 of 1,664
Sorry, three years of update support for a device with a fixed purpose seems reasonable IMO. It's not like they cease to operate after that. But based on the design criteria for a hi-res music player that does exactly that, what additional updates need to be addressed? These aren't full blown phones, they simply use Android as the base OS to run the device. YMMV of course depending on what apps you use and expectations for those other than playing local music files.
I am more angry/disappointed at the fact that the android system provided with the device is so incredibly inefficient and buggy, that it does not even support android controls my previous 6 year old phone did, and that no one ever mentioned that. And that the community shows very little in technical knowledge. I bought my dx170 this year and it was obviously a mistake, something I should have been recommended against.

Dec 24, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #1,559 of 1,664
I am more angry/disappointed at the fact that the android system provided with the device is so incredibly inefficient and buggy, that it does not even support android controls my previous 6 year old phone did, and that no one ever mentioned that. And that the community shows very little in technical knowledge. I bought my dx170 this year and it was obviously a mistake, something I should have been recommended against.
The DX170 doesn't work or a 3rd party app isn't working?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back