Ibasso DX160 Owners...car connectivity!
May 10, 2020 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

SlipperySquid

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
I wonder if there's any DX160 0wners out there that use the dap in their car? Do you manage to connect via usb or bluetooth only and if it is bluetooth only does it display full albuum details etc?

I have a DX150 that doesnt connect to my car via usb and blue tooth doesn't get album data or files etc through either mango or hiby BUT Neutron player will display files and album data etc.

So I'm thinking about getting the DX160 and would love it to just be plug and play. My Hiby R3 connects no problem over usb and displays album art etc.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

May 10, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 4
How did you get the R3 to act like a iPod ? I know that you need to switch the USB-C from charge to line out. I have been unable to find that in the menu. Does it output music or digital files? My car has standard USB i and USB-C in. Which would be better?

May 10, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Hi Claud, I never changed any settings on the R3 just connected via my usb input on the car (2017 VW golf) and it just picked it up with the added bonus of displaying all album art, you can even swipe through the album art instead of going through menus which was nice. I may have an older firmware on the R3 as I've read that after some updates the ability vanished for some users...Nope just checked I have the most recent firmware (3.4) also just connect to the car with usb type A

Last edited:
May 10, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #4 of 4
Thank you Slippery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back