iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Mar 8, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #2,266 of 3,129
Wait, sorry if maybe I misunderstood, but are you suggesting that you heard a difference between the DAC chips of these two devices?

I'm not sure how much is attributed to the DAC versus the AMP section of each device but my observations are inline with the DAC chips when put in other devices. The AK449 chip seems to be warmer and the ES90X8 seems to be a little colder and more detailed.

Mar 8, 2019 at 7:05 PM Post #2,267 of 3,129
I'm assuming you ordered the Hiby R3 from Amazon too? Why don't you just hold on to it so you can ABX them? I kinda went the other way. Got the DX150 first and then needed something a little more portable. Even with stock AMP6, the DX150 will be a noticeable upgrade from the R3.

Wait, sorry if maybe I misunderstood, but are you suggesting that you heard a difference between the DAC chips of these two devices?

The official statement is that you need MQA Certification to fully 'unfold' Master Quality files (like Tidal Master for example) and reach that extra level of listening pleasure, but a lot of people think it's just culty snake oil. For me, with MQA Certified devices and Tidal Masters, you can definitely tell a "difference" but I'm not sure it's an improvement in sound quality

So I got my DX150 and I installed 8.1 and the Lurker Add on. I did some listening of Tidal Masters and I think they are playing the same on here as they did on the R3. I have Maroon 5's Songs about Jane album that I have on my SD card in an AIFF rip from the CD and then I have it on Tidal in Master. I know it isn't the greatest quality recording but I am noticing the same differences between the CD and Tidal Master on the DX150 as I did on the R3. The tidal master is definitely more airy and less distortion with a wider and deeper soundstage. So in my opinion it is playing the files the same as the R3 but I could be wrong.

Mar 10, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #2,269 of 3,129
Dave just released a new version of USB Audio Player Pro, with full direct support of DX150/DX200! Enjoy up to DSD256 on DX150 directly!

Also, unlike Neutron, UAPP supports SACD ISO images, so now we have gapless SACD playback on DX200 without additional efforts (no USB Audio app is required).

Happy New Year!

Forgive my ignorance, but does this mean that if I wanted to use USB Audio Player Pro instead of the Mango app (running 8.1 with your add-on), I would not have to utilize your USB Audio app in order to do so? As in UAPP would play bit perfect without the USB Audio "workaround"?

Mar 11, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #2,272 of 3,129
Will the DX150 ever support OTA updates? I tried after updating to android 8.1 and it said it update check failed, check network connection and I had a good network connection.

Mar 12, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #2,273 of 3,129
Im just wondering if this is normal to DX150, like charging it to 100 and the battery reduced to like 92% even without using it for almost 4 to 5 hrs? Its on airplane mode.

without using it for almost a day ull have an 60% battery left.. on airplane mode? is this normaln seems like someone is using it without me seeing.. a ghost or what?

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #2,274 of 3,129
Will the DX150 ever support OTA updates? I tried after updating to android 8.1 and it said it update check failed, check network connection and I had a good network connection.
Would like to know this as well. I get the same error and always thought it was something specific for my device, that it was an individual problem instead a something 'more general'. Good to know that "it is as intended".
Hopefully OTA will be a thing in the near future, just a tiny detail that makes it an even better device!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 13, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #2,275 of 3,129
Could someone use the DX150 as a transport for Hugo 2, by USB connection ?
Some tweaks required ? No issues ?

It's important for me because I plan to buy a DX150 for this purpose, but the seller encountered difficulties to make it work with Hugo 2 by USB (optical and coax being ok)...

Mar 13, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #2,276 of 3,129
How does the Dx150 manage CUE files and covers? Any experience pairing it with the Beyerdyamic DT1990 Pro?

Thank you!

Mar 13, 2019 at 9:42 PM Post #2,278 of 3,129
Could someone use the DX150 as a transport for Hugo 2, by USB connection ?
Some tweaks required ? No issues ?

It's important for me because I plan to buy a DX150 for this purpose, but the seller encountered difficulties to make it work with Hugo 2 by USB (optical and coax being ok)...
You can use the coaxial output on the top of the DX150 to the Hugo 2. No issues! You just need the 3.5 to 3.5 coax cable.

Also, the optical cable that comes with the Hugo 2 will work as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back