iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jan 5, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #1,966 of 3,129
I am selling my DX150 in Germany and Europe.
It's two month old and in brand new condition.
Reason I'm selling it is because I was only listening to Tidal and used my mobile more often for that task
The sound of the DX150 is really better than the mobile with Tidal usage. Even my wife could tell! :) But the mobile is just in daily use.
I updated to Oreo and the device is very fast in response Everything works perfectly as it should!

PM me for price and shipping details. MITER case also included.
Save a good amount and get a great as brand new device.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 12:47 AM Post #1,967 of 3,129
i'm currently on Oreo with Lurker's Add-on - i have USB Audio Enabled on Neutron and have set LCD Sleep to 30sec. - when Neutron is on the main screen, the screen doesn't sleep! Else, (with Spotify or just on the main screen), the screen sleeps normally.

Anyone experience this too? When I was on Marshmallow with Lukers' firmware - the screen sleeps as per normal.

Jan 6, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #1,968 of 3,129
Yes, It's slow and laggy, I'm not happy. Every action in Mango player takes 3-4 seconds...blah, library scrolling is slow and stops after few rolls and have to wait to start again. Lurker0's 6.1 was much better, even in Android mode.

I'm finding the same lag when trying to select any control/menu function on the Mango Player with this new update. Very unresponsive and slow - previously quite snappy under old firmware . So I reflashed a second time (successfully) Experiencing the same lag and now notice Mango touch screen controls will occasionally freeze completely and eventually give the close app/wait prompt. Just performed another factory reset and library rescan. Find the problems still exist. Guess I'll return to previous OS as my DX150 performed flawlessly with older version.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #1,969 of 3,129
Coming from a painful experience with a FIIO X5III... enjoying the Lurker 6.01 FW, it is fantastic. I went to 8.1 and had to go back, 6.01 is just perfect, makes the DX150 a wonderful device.

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #1,973 of 3,129
can you make a short video while browsing its ui on you device?

I've already reverted back to Android 6.0.1, FW version 2.10.275 (the smoothest UI for me.) This suggestion would have been great to document the issues, however. Wish I thought of it or seen this sooner.

I can describe what I encountered in Mango Player with 8.1 (all in comparison to older FW) -
*Right side list scrolling area on touch screen laggy/choppy motion response
*Lag of a few seconds when opening any Mango menu (Artist<The Beatles<Abbey Road<Come Together, ie) Each responded slow and some required multiple touches to activate
*Play/Pause did not always respond and would sometimes lock up causing Player to give "not responding wait/close app" prompt
This was after two "successful" Oreo OS flashes (including a factory reset after each) and multiple reboots / library rescans
What I DID NOT check was if changes in the volume graphic display. I remember this being an indicator of lag in the past. I didn't think to check as I really did not listen much with Oreo as other issues interrupted play.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #1,974 of 3,129
I've already reverted back to Android 6.0.1, FW version 2.10.275 (the smoothest UI for me.) This suggestion would have been great to document the issues, however. Wish I thought of it or seen this sooner.

I can describe what I encountered in Mango Player with 8.1 (all in comparison to older FW) -
*Right side list scrolling area on touch screen laggy/choppy motion response
*Lag of a few seconds when opening any Mango menu (Artist<The Beatles<Abbey Road<Come Together, ie) Each responded slow and some required multiple touches to activate
*Play/Pause did not always respond and would sometimes lock up causing Player to give "not responding wait/close app" prompt
This was after two "successful" Oreo OS flashes (including a factory reset after each) and multiple reboots / library rescans
My experience is 99% same, including the reflash. I have no ""not responding wait/close app".
Also in the menu of Mango player - example - touch Gain - one, two, three - respond, select low/high no problem, back to menu - touch Filter - one, two, three - respond...

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #1,975 of 3,129
Disappointed hearing about these software issues with this device. I am still on lurkers 6.1 and it feels alright but I still notice and feel like there is some lag and delay when scrolling through the os whether Android or mango. Almost wish I could just use my phone for music but odnt know if there's a phone out there any more that supports a Microsd card as well as 3.5mm audio jack. Being limited to 32gb on my phone really linits the usefulness of it for music or storage but I feel like DAPs tend to have these software performance issues.

Jan 7, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #1,976 of 3,129
I have just updated my DX150 from 6 to the latest 8.1 release + Lurker's add-on, and I can say it is night and day - such an improvement.

I use the Mango player & Tidal (+ Podcast Addict when my ears need a rest) and on 6 the UI lag and overall performance was really starting to grate on me. After updating to 8.1 it's like I have a new device! I've only been using it a day since upgrading, but so far only improvements - haven't noticed any issues.

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #1,977 of 3,129
I went up to Oreo with Lurker's add on and am now back down at 9.275 (Lurker). Like some others, scrolling and selecting was slow in Oreo. But oddly, it started faster and slowed down. Reboots didn't fix it and I didn't want to be factory reseting all the time.

I'll go back up when Ibasso gets an official (non beta) release out. Lurker's 6.01 firmware works too well to bother with a buggy upgrade that adds nothing important for me (I don't have any LDAC or aptX devices, and don't stream Tidal or Spotify).

Jan 7, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #1,978 of 3,129
I went up to Oreo with Lurker's add on and am now back down at 9.275 (Lurker). Like some others, scrolling and selecting was slow in Oreo. But oddly, it started faster and slowed down. Reboots didn't fix it and I didn't want to be factory reseting all the time.

I'll go back up when Ibasso gets an official (non beta) release out. Lurker's 6.01 firmware works too well to bother with a buggy upgrade that adds nothing important for me (I don't have any LDAC or aptX devices, and don't stream Tidal or Spotify).
how your standby time in that firmware?

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #1,979 of 3,129

But the official non beta is already out since the end of December 2018.

Jan 8, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #1,980 of 3,129
Oreo is working fine for me.

But @Paul - iBasso I've got problem with newest Tidal Master - files in "Master" quality aren't playing in a correct way - sound distorsion and hiccups. Online and offline. It occurs not in the same moment so it is software problem not problem with files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back