iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Mar 29, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #250 of 3,129
Unfortunately the issue is present with Tidal, apple music and spotify. Random pops (that become cracks when automute is on) when skipping tracks:) Doesn’t happen all the time, maybe every three or 4 songs.Anyway I love my dx200, if that issue will be fixed it will be the perfect dap for me. Looking forward to hear some impressions on the dx150 and see if the issue was fixed,may buy the dx150 as well

Hi,
I have a noob question.. . How do I load Tidal and Spotify ? I got my DX150 yesterday and could not get these apps loaded .
Loaded some Flac files and the player sounds great with the IT01 (exactly like what I experienced at NY CamJam). But I would greatly appreciate some advice on loading these apps. Thanks!!

Mar 29, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #251 of 3,129
We haven't had confirmation, but it would seem counter intuitive to market a player as having an open Android platform without it. If it doesn't, it could be sideloaded using an .apk file.

As stated previously and confirmed by Lurker...

With his ROM Google Play Store is available...with the stock firmware it is not. However you can attempt to use the .apk to install it. This is not a new thing to the iBasso lineup, it has been this way for almost a decade.

Installing Lurkers firmware enhances the units performance and to many of us, the sound as well.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #252 of 3,129
Hi,
I have a noob question.. . How do I load Tidal and Spotify ? I got my DX150 yesterday and could not get these apps loaded .
Loaded some Flac files and the player sounds great with the IT01 (exactly like what I experienced at NY CamJam). But I would greatly appreciate some advice on loading these apps. Thanks!!

Hey Trini :)

I'd wait for Lurker to finish his work for the easiest installation of those two...but of course you can search for the .apk's and install them that way.

Mar 29, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #253 of 3,129
Hi,

http://www.head-fi.org/t/791531/dx2...tooth-interchangeable-amps/2655#post_13189774
Follow this link.

If you know how to use google you can also just do this:
Write "tidal apk" in Google. Download the apk file from one of the links. Make sure you get the latest. Download to your pc. Copy to SD card, incert SD card in your DX150. Open fileexplorer and install the apk file.
Remember: Settings - Security - Unknow sources - turn it on.

If you have any more questions, send me a pm.

Mar 29, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #254 of 3,129
Does it come with a case?
Yes, it comes with a gray case, decent quality if a bit bulky. I'll try to post a pic later. As for sound, I've only tried it with my Noble Katanas. There may be just a very slight amount of hiss, but it doesn't seem to really be audible with music playing. It seems like the soundstage is not as wide as I'm used to, but I get some sense of "layers" in the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back