iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jun 15, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #1,126 of 3,129
Two questions:

1. Can the DX150 drive headphone like the Audeze Sine and EL-8 Titanium? (
2. How many custom EQ profiles can I make? (I need to EQ several different headphone/earphones for best results)

I'm leaning toward picking up a DX150 and almost ready to pull the trigger.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #1,127 of 3,129
I can confirm that my battery is definitely having issues when being used as a DAC for my PC. The device says it is charging etc, but battery % does not appear to go up or down at all while in use. I then unplugged the device from my PC to plug into a standalone wall charger while stepping away from my desk for a few minutes to let it charge up a bit, when I did this it instantly dropped from 51% (where it sat the whole time it was being used as a DAC) down to 42%. This was using the provided USB-C cable with the DAP. Is this expected behavior to not really be charging when in use as a USB DAC? I will have to try and test a little bit at my house with 2 of my laptops, one has a TB3 port, one has a USB-C port on it. I will have to test to see if these can or will provide any more power and keep it charging while in use.
I then unplugged the device from my PC, plugged it into an actual USB wall charger and left it there for about an hour, device never moved off of 43%, then I unplugged it, put it in my backpack for about an hour, came back to check it and it is now at 35%. I am trying a different wall charger now but this one has always worked in the past for me.

Jun 15, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #1,128 of 3,129
I then unplugged the device from my PC, plugged it into an actual USB wall charger and left it there for about an hour, device never moved off of 43%, then I unplugged it, put it in my backpack for about an hour, came back to check it and it is now at 35%. I am trying a different wall charger now but this one has always worked in the past for me.
I would try a different USB C cable. I have 6 or so because I have found that no matter how much I spend on a USB C cable, they can have issues. Mini USB no real problems over the years but I think that USB C is more sensitive.

The DX150 doesn't charge while being used as a dac.

Jun 15, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #1,129 of 3,129
If you haven't heard of Benson Leung, you should. USB-C is hit & miss so start here for a good idea on what to get.

Jun 15, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #1,130 of 3,129
I would try a different USB C cable. I have 6 or so because I have found that no matter how much I spend on a USB C cable, they can have issues. Mini USB no real problems over the years but I think that USB C is more sensitive.

The DX150 doesn't charge while being used as a dac.
Well that is unfortunate that the device does not actually charge when being used in that way, but that's good to know. Thanks.

Jun 16, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #1,131 of 3,129
Our new discrete amps the AMP7 single ended 3.5 with line out and the AMP8 with 4.4 balanced out team up very well with the DX150.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 16, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #1,133 of 3,129
Does the AMP8 also have a 3.5 socket? If not what makes this amp different from the AMP4s
AMP8 is 4.4 balanced. No line out and no 3.5mm. There isn't room. AMP4s is op amp based. The AMP8 is totally matched high quality discrete circuitry. What you have in an op amp is laid out on the board of the AMP8. AMP8 is also a little more powerful and due to the different circuitry sounds different. I will leave it to customers to determine what they hear but the AMP8 opens up a beautiful view to the music.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 16, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #1,134 of 3,129
Well, just ordered the DX150, even tough my questions remain unanswered. I'll find out once it arrives.

My LG V20 with Viper sounds pretty good with just about all my headphone (way too many), but if I manually switch or skip songs, while using Spotify, I have to go back into VIper4Android and switch it back on and off to get it to work. That get annoying very fast.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #1,135 of 3,129
The DX150 is sold out and not available on Amazon (US) from ProStudio Sound & Music any longer. Hope this is just temporary. Anyone in the States order directly from iBasso? How much is shipping & how long does it take to receive the player from them? Thanks.

Jun 16, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #1,136 of 3,129
The DX150 is sold out and not available on Amazon (US) from ProStudio Sound & Music any longer. Hope this is just temporary. Anyone in the States order directly from iBasso? How much is shipping & how long does it take to receive the player from them? Thanks.

Just ordered from iBasso, shipping was $26. Still cheaper than paying tax from Amazon for me, as I'm in Florida.

As far as shipping times, don't know. I'm hopping it will be about a week or less.

Funny the other night is was hesitating buying it from Amazon. Finally decided to do it as there was only one left, but it was gone by the time I decided. That was Early Friday morning I think.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #1,137 of 3,129
Just ordered from iBasso, shipping was $26. Still cheaper than paying tax from Amazon for me, as I'm in Florida.

As far as shipping times, don't know. I'm hopping it will be about a week or less.

Funny the other night is was hesitating buying it from Amazon. Finally decided to do it as there was only one left, but it was gone by the time I decided. That was Early Friday morning I think.
Thanks, RojasTKD! I hesitated also, waiting for funding...

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #1,138 of 3,129

Just add it to cart and checkout. You'll see shipping rate based on zip code and you don't need to complete transaction to check. Likely a week or less to receive if all goes well. iBasso is easy-peasy to deal with.

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #1,139 of 3,129
Just add it to cart and checkout. You'll see shipping rate based on zip code and you don't need to complete transaction to check. Likely a week or less to receive if all goes well. iBasso is easy-peasy to deal with.
Thanks!

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #1,140 of 3,129
Anyone in the States order directly from iBasso? How much is shipping & how long does it take to receive the player from them?

I order directly from iBasso and they're pretty quick. I'm in Florida and with expedited shipping via DHL it's usually here in about 4 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back