iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Mar 20, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #3,106 of 3,129
Hi! I’m hoping some can help. I’m running the latest Android 6 Lurker firmware in my DX150 but wanted to upgrade to the android 8 version. I think I need to flash to the iBasso Android 8 first. Does anyone know how to do this?

Mar 20, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #3,107 of 3,129
Hi! I’m hoping some can help. I’m running the latest Android 6 Lurker firmware in my DX150 but wanted to upgrade to the android 8 version. I think I need to flash to the iBasso Android 8 first. Does anyone know how to do this?

Download Android O, V1.0
https://ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX150-8.1_1.01.017.zip

Inside is firmware, update tool and instructions.

Then update firmware to latest version http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX150FW-ota-1.06.zip
Also consider firmware add-on by Lurker and Fidelizer Purist ROM

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 4:51 PM Post #3,108 of 3,129
Thanks for your fast help!

I found what causes the problem: it's the sd card. As soon as I keep it inserted I can't boot the device. When I take the card out it works all well!!!
After power up I can insert the card again and the music from the card is played and everything is fine. I formated the card as well and it doesn't help. It's the same card I used before.
But I did use it as a bootable card for installing OREO (Mac user). Thereafter I formated the card. I think the device still wants to boot from the card when it's inserted. Can this be switched off so that's it's not scanning the card when switching on?
Hello. I am new to the forum , so excuse my lack of experience. I am experiencing a similar battery problem with my 3 year old dx150. I have used the same sd card for several years, so not sure that's the problem . The player seems to switch off ok but several hours later when I check it :1) it feels very warm and 2 ) will only re start when holding pauses button and stop button for around 15 seconds. I assume its safe to leave when running very warm , but annoying to find battery low after failing to switch off. I even factory reset a while back when problem first occurred. I am using firmware V2.11.293.
I am still enjoying the great sound ( paired Bluetooth Shure headphones) and don't really feeling like discarding the device, but would replace card if anyone thought that might be the problem ?
Many thanks for any help.

Mar 20, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #3,109 of 3,129
Mar 21, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #3,110 of 3,129
Hello. I am new to the forum , so excuse my lack of experience. I am experiencing a similar battery problem with my 3 year old dx150. I have used the same sd card for several years, so not sure that's the problem . The player seems to switch off ok but several hours later when I check it :1) it feels very warm and 2 ) will only re start when holding pauses button and stop button for around 15 seconds. I assume its safe to leave when running very warm , but annoying to find battery low after failing to switch off. I even factory reset a while back when problem first occurred. I am using firmware V2.11.293.
I am still enjoying the great sound ( paired Bluetooth Shure headphones) and don't really feeling like discarding the device, but would replace card if anyone thought that might be the problem ?
Many thanks for any help.
Thanks for advice to this problem of failing to switch off. I assume my firmware V2.11.293 needs replacing. Are the ones Yannis recommended latest the ones? I am currently using android version 6.0.1 . I am only asking because the references seem different to ones listed on Ibasso website downloads. Their latest one is Jan 2020. Sorry I am confused on this and firmware is new to me.

Mar 23, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #3,111 of 3,129
Thanks for advice to this problem of failing to switch off. I assume my firmware V2.11.293 needs replacing. Are the ones Yannis recommended latest the ones? I am currently using android version 6.0.1 . I am only asking because the references seem different to ones listed on Ibasso website downloads. Their latest one is Jan 2020. Sorry I am confused on this and firmware is new to me.

Did you try to switch off without card? Or reformat card?

Probably best is to upgrade to Android 8 and latest version.

Mar 30, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #3,112 of 3,129
Download Android O, V1.0
https://ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX150-8.1_1.01.017.zip

Inside is firmware, update tool and instructions.

Then update firmware to latest version http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX150FW-ota-1.06.zip
Also consider firmware add-on by Lurker and Fidelizer Purist ROM
I am hoping some kind person help with a bit more detail on updating. I have spent several hours now trying to solve this. The PDF instructions with android 8 firmware don't make sense to me when I try and download the android zip. I am not sure which unzipped file to download on to my sd card? . When I placed all of them to be sure I got the right one, the updater shows sd card , but then nothing happened. The one labelled 'update.img' seemed to make the most sense, still nothing would be update though. Also there is DX150DX200 update tool window, but again cannot work out which files to upload on my sd card.
Apologies for sounding stupid , I am just not very tech experienced. I might just leave it its factory reset position and hope for the best I don't experience too many issues.

Thanks for reading

Mar 31, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #3,113 of 3,129
I am hoping some kind person help with a bit more detail on updating. I have spent several hours now trying to solve this. The PDF instructions with android 8 firmware don't make sense to me when I try and download the android zip. I am not sure which unzipped file to download on to my sd card? . When I placed all of them to be sure I got the right one, the updater shows sd card , but then nothing happened. The one labelled 'update.img' seemed to make the most sense, still nothing would be update though. Also there is DX150DX200 update tool window, but again cannot work out which files to upload on my sd card.
Apologies for sounding stupid , I am just not very tech experienced. I might just leave it its factory reset position and hope for the best I don't experience too many issues.

Thanks for reading

No need to apologies! You will get there :wink:
For upgrade to Android 8 you need PC.

Extract dx150-8.1_1.01.017.zip

Open AndroidTool from that folder, click on “Upgrade Firmware” tab, click on Firmware button and select update.img extracted.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 0
Apr 1, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #3,114 of 3,129
Many thanks for your help Yannis. Kept trying and followed the notes and have got there in the end as you suggested. :). Part of the problem is interpreting simple things like 'play' in the guide which really means play/ pause button. Learning curve but made extra notes for next time.

Apr 2, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #3,115 of 3,129
Many thanks for your help Yannis. Kept trying and followed the notes and have got there in the end as you suggested. :). Part of the problem is interpreting simple things like 'play' in the guide which really means play/ pause button. Learning curve but made extra notes for next time.

Great! Now you have new skill :wink:
Enjoy!

May 24, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #3,117 of 3,129

Users who are viewing this thread

Back