iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Mar 26, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #166 of 3,129
To clarify… The DX 150 sounds a lot better than the R6. To me at least.

However the DX 150 does not sound as good as the DX 200… Please excuse my catchphrase of fuller and more rich.

The DX 150 sounds, to me at least, reminiscent of the DX 100 I hope that clarifies the matter.

Mar 26, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #167 of 3,129
@jamato8 and I have both tested the DX150. To me the sound is reminiscent of the iconic DX100.

Don’t get me wrong here. The DX200 is a whole different animal and sounds more vibrant and full. But this DAP is fantastic.
Ok so the DX200 is fuller than the DX150 which is in turn fuller sounding than the R6.

Argh, I want to try out ibasso DAPs but there are no local stores with Ibasso DAPs :/

Mar 26, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #168 of 3,129
To clarify… The DX 150 sounds a lot better than the R6. To me at least.

However the DX 150 does not sound as good as the DX 200… Please excuse my catchphrase of fuller and more rich.
Ok so currently I am under the impression that the DX150 sounds more powerful with a stronger bass response and thicker sound than the R6 with a tubey sounding treble that emphasises smoothness over texture. (Since everyone has somewhat different ways of using full and rich to describe sound, do correct me if I'm wrong)

Mar 26, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #169 of 3,129
Ok so currently I am under the impression that the DX150 sounds more powerful with a stronger bass response and thicker sound than the R6 with a tubey sounding treble that emphasises smoothness over texture. (Since everyone has somewhat different ways of using full and rich to describe sound, do correct me if I'm wrong)

Nope you’ve got it just about perfect. That’s a great way to describe it!

:)

Mar 26, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #171 of 3,129

Thanks for the input.

in your opinion which model (150 & 200) is has the best mid-low sub bass, and the warmest top end?

I'm currently using the Onkyo DPX-1A, and while I think it has a nice overall sound it's lacking punch in the low mids and sub bass, also I'm not into the the 8k-10k and above sound of this unit, sure I can use EQ but it doesn't seem to help all that much.

I'm using Focal Elear, Clear, and Shure 846 IEM's for reference.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #172 of 3,129
Ok so currently I am under the impression that the DX150 sounds more powerful with a stronger bass response and thicker sound than the R6 with a tubey sounding treble that emphasizes smoothness over texture. (Since everyone has somewhat different ways of using full and rich to describe sound, do correct me if I'm wrong)

Ah,then maybe this isnt the DAP for me, i prefer a very textured, crisp sound with very very fast transients. Softer and smoother isnt really my thing. I like my drums to crunch like they do in real life, not thump.

Mar 26, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #173 of 3,129
Thanks for the input.

in your opinion which model (150 & 200) is has the best mid-low sub bass, and the warmest top end?

I'm currently using the Onkyo DPX-1A, and while I think it has a nice overall sound it's lacking punch in the low mids and sub bass, also I'm not into the the 8k-10k and above sound of this unit, sure I can use EQ but it doesn't seem to help all that much.

I'm using Focal Elear, Clear, and Shure 846 IEM's for reference.

For what you’re looking for I would definitely recommend to save and get the DX200.

Mar 26, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #174 of 3,129
Ah,then maybe this isnt the DAP for me, i prefer a very textured, crisp sound with very very fast transients. Softer and smoother isnt really my thing. I like my drums to crunch like they do in real life, not thump.

Perhaps not.

Mar 26, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #176 of 3,129
For what you’re looking for I would definitely recommend to save and get the DX200.

Thanks again!

By chance have you compared the DX150 -DX200 with Fiio? X7MKii or X5 3rd gen? They are also on my list, I also like the fact that I'm able to use Google Play Music with these, although it's not a necessity I have an iphone and a dragonfly for that. Cheers!

Mar 26, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #177 of 3,129
Thanks again!

By chance have you compared the DX150 -DX200 with Fiio? X7MKii or X5 3rd gen? They are also on my list, I also like the fact that I'm able to use Google Play Music with these, although it's not a necessity I have an iphone and a dragonfly for that. Cheers!

No, I’m not a fan of FiiO anymore. As for Google play if and when lurker gets around to doing a ROM for the 150… You’ll then get Google play on the device.

Mar 26, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #179 of 3,129
Thanks. Is the ROM available for the DX200? I haven't started researching this yet...

Yes. Lurker is awesome at updating his ROM’s and enhancing the DX200 software.

And it’s FREE.

Mar 26, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #180 of 3,129
Thanks again!

The X5iii can't compete with the big dogs like the DX200 and X7ii in terms of sound. They are simply in another league.

Quite a lot of DX200 and X7ii reviews have compared them with each other. Generally speaking the DX200 is fuller and smoother while the X7ii is cleaner sounding.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back