iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jun 1, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #977 of 3,129
then at least there was at some point a prototype, no?
Not at all. Since DX80, iBasso uses XMOS chip which also does the whole job of USB DAC. It is enough to reserve VID/PID for a new device, and write them into the INF-file. That's all!

Jun 2, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #978 of 3,129
Definitely prefer the MITER case to the OEM one as it is marginally (but noticeably) slimmer. My only gripe is that it's a touch loose. The surface seems to have a waterproofed finish so shrinking it with a bit of water and sunlight is not an option, anyone have any alternatives? TIA

And here's a quick pic:

Tv40DFOl.jpg

Jun 2, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #979 of 3,129
Definitely prefer the MITER case to the OEM one as it is marginally (but noticeably) slimmer. My only gripe is that it's a touch loose. The surface seems to have a waterproofed finish so shrinking it with a bit of water and sunlight is not an option, anyone have any alternatives? TIA

Feeding your DX150 lots of new music and files while letting it rest/restraining physical activity/exercise might result in it gaining a fuller shape. :alien:

On a more serious note, in your case, I'd probably stick some medical tape or kinesiology tape (the latter might be more difficult to remove, though) to the case's inside.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #981 of 3,129
This is quickly becoming my favorite DAP.
Any chance a FW tweak can improve standby time?Not sure if possible but it is the only drawback to device. Lurker's FW is awesome so thanks to him. Standby is same stock or Lurker but having Google store and Hiby and superSU is very cool
can i ask you mean you might prefer it to hiby r6,

do u feel its sound signature is better than others like the sony and others you tried

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2018 at 10:44 AM Post #982 of 3,129
This is quickly becoming my favorite DAP.
Any chance a FW tweak can improve standby time?Not sure if possible but it is the only drawback to device. Lurker's FW is awesome so thanks to him. Standby is same stock or Lurker but having Google store and Hiby and superSU is very cool
Hi Chris,
Where does DX150 stand in your list purely based on sound quality?

Jun 3, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #983 of 3,129
can i ask you mean you might prefer it to hiby r6,

do u feel its sound signature is better than others like the sony and others you tried

I think the Sony WM1 brothers and the DAC design and execution are best in the portable DAP game

R6 ...mine is a developer version so I use it for pleasure but not critical listening since the OI is a wildcard. Fast, beautiful, sounds great but how much is the OI related to my experience? EX1000 are punchy with R6 and no other DAP and XBA-4 have no bass with R6 but usually do with other DAP. Consumer item meant for pleasure not evaluation and the 10 ohm OI makes it that way

Hi Chris,
Where does DX150 stand in your list purely based on sound quality?

Sound being only metric? Only WM1 sounds better but I am almost full of shiiii because i cannot give you an O.C.D cue

M.J.
1:29 "Wanna be startin Somethin" left channel beep

Triangle hit on America's "Tin Man"

Gate Announcement clarity on Floyd's "On the Run"

They both play them all clearly and none of the other DAP's i have do so using EE LEGEND X

Love....LOVE the U.I. god it's an easy experience. Giant panels a gorilla could use.

Jun 3, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #984 of 3,129
I think the Sony WM1 brothers and the DAC design and execution are best in the portable DAP game

R6 ...mine is a developer version so I use it for pleasure but not critical listening since the OI is a wildcard. Fast, beautiful, sounds great but how much is the OI related to my experience? EX1000 are punchy with R6 and no other DAP and XBA-4 have no bass with R6 but usually do with other DAP. Consumer item meant for pleasure not evaluation and the 10 ohm OI makes it that way

Sound being only metric? Only WM1 sounds better but I am almost full of shiiii because i cannot give you an O.C.D cue

M.J.

They both play them all clearly and none of the other DAP's i have do so using EE LEGEND X

Love....LOVE the U.I. god it's an easy experience. Giant panels a gorilla could use.
thanks so much HBB you are the best, somehow I knew you would love the legend x, I am digging it alot

Jun 3, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #985 of 3,129
I’ve just sold a dap which gives me money for the dx150. Do I need this with already having the hiby r6 is the question.....

Jun 3, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #986 of 3,129

M.J.

Thanks Chris.
When you say you like a DAP, it comes in my check list. Because, my listening preferences are somewhat similar to yours.

Jun 3, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #987 of 3,129
Jun 4, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #989 of 3,129
Jun 4, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #990 of 3,129
nice review, but it makes me question did using different amp modules make a big difference on the sound signature of dx200, as some users when they got the dx200 at its first release they did not like its cold analytical sound signature. if yes then i would buy the dx200 if changing amp modules made a notable difference than to buy the dx150, as dx200 price is not that high after all compared to some totl daps

my main goal is to get a great dap for streaming purposes to be used with my legend x, I would have bought a sony but its lack of streaming is whats keeping me from buying one

as for AK daps their totl are way too expensive to consider, although I am sure AK SP1000 would be amazing with legend x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back