iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Sep 10, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #1,531 of 3,129
Some concerns around slow UI and not accessing Play store very easily, or possibly the iBasso being not very good Spotify? Also the R6 is top of Hiby's range but DX150 is the lower sibling of DX200.

Will the iBasso or Hiby R6 be better?
1. slow ui? Yes, comparing with r6. Especially with big flacks and dsd.
2. With Lurker-s firmware you get google play services and play market out of the box
3. I’ve owned dx200 and dx150.
I can’t hear dx200 with amp1. Only amp8 helped me(it). I don’t think that dx200 has better sound quality. The are different from each other. Depends on your own preferences. Some people preferred dx150 over dx200 with stock amps.
4. R6 is not the top from hiby now. R6 pro is.

Sep 10, 2018 at 10:31 PM Post #1,532 of 3,129
Personally, the release of the Hiby R6Pro further justifies my original decision to pick the DX150 over the R6. The AMP8 just saved me an upgrade; had I gotten the R6 I'd be desperately trying to sell it right now in the FS forum while ordering a new R6Pro :laughing:

GK2pTFxl.jpg

Sep 11, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #1,535 of 3,129
If the R6 has better bass that spins me back towards keeping my order.

Not fussed about the R6 Pro, I know it will be way beyond my price range

R6 pro will be about $100 more then R6.

Sep 11, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #1,537 of 3,129
Has anyone had an issue of playback randomly and intermittently pausing when using the Phone jack with the DX150 with the stock AMP6? I'm not entirely sure but I think this started with mine around the time I updated the firmware. I'm not having this issue with the Line Out jack, so I'm wondering if it might be hardware related. Otherwise extremely happy with the thing.

Sep 14, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #1,540 of 3,129
I use 275L2 and I get ~0.3% per hour sometimes, and other times >1% per hour. Seemingly random. Any suggestions on how I could diagnose my problem?
The best result can be achieved only if no a software wakes up the device from its deep sleep. In my firmware builds, Google services and Play Market are examples of such software. I use my DX150 (and DX200) with Google services disabled via System settings of USB Audio application. I've also activated Disable media scanner and Enforce deep sleep there as well.

Also, please note that DX150 has a special controller devoted to estimate battery level, and this controller may show too pessimistic values right after device boot, and during several hours after boot. That controller expects that on boot the battery is in a rested state. In practice, for better battery level readings right after boot, it means to turn DX150 on not earlier than in 30 minutes after turning it off, and to charge it only under Android.

Sep 14, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #1,541 of 3,129
The best result can be achieved only if no a software wakes up the device from its deep sleep. In my firmware builds, Google services and Play Market are examples of such software. I use my DX150 (and DX200) with Google services disabled via System settings of USB Audio application. I've also activated Disable media scanner and Enforce deep sleep there as well.

Also, please note that DX150 has a special controller devoted to estimate battery level, and this controller may show too pessimistic values right after device boot, and during several hours after boot. That controller expects that on boot the battery is in a rested state. In practice, for better battery level readings right after boot, it means to turn DX150 on not earlier than in 30 minutes after turning it off, and to charge it only under Android.

So just to be clear, you aren't saying that it's bad for my battery to charge outside of Android (say when the device is turned off), or to boot up less than 30 minutes after shutting down... just that the battery readings will initially be inaccurate if I do that?

I have media scanner disabled, google play disabled, airplane mode (w/ no wifi or bluetooth) and enforce deep sleep enabled. Since I'm interested in how well all this is working, I've actually had cases where I played some music for a while then set the device aside. Hours later I turn on screen and go to settings->battery to see that its only 1-2% drained from when I stopped listening to music. Then I do nothing else (no music, no other apps) just turn off screen and come back roughly the same number of hours and find it drained ~10%... According to the settings->battery graph, the battery actually started draining at a different constant rate after I turned things on to check the state of the battery, and did nothing else.

In short it does seem like under ideal conditions I could charge the device, then do nothing and leave it on for days and see the same results you were seeing (very low battery drain) but almost any interaction with the device has a chance of starting some faster drain. I will try to do experiments maybe where I don't even open battery app, ONLY turn screen on to the lock screen, not even unlock device, just to check the battery every 6-8 hours and see if I can see this change in rate of drain.

Is getting "BetterBatteryStats" likely to give me some information that can lend clues to what is going on here?

Sep 14, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #1,543 of 3,129
Just installed Lurker275L2: really enjoying it but is anyone else experiencing a laggy Mango OS?
I found that the stock Mango Player was more responsive than the Mango OS. Both in 275L & 293L. Also I enjoy the GUI for most screens on stock DX150 Mango.

Two items on my wish list:
1. program a "pure music" mode for the 150
2. introduce either changeable theme(s) OR the new DX120 theme to the 150.

IBASSO — Let's not forget the "middle child" in your lineup!

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #1,544 of 3,129
Personally, the release of the Hiby R6Pro further justifies my original decision to pick the DX150 over the R6. The AMP8 just saved me an upgrade; had I gotten the R6 I'd be desperately trying to sell it right now in the FS forum while ordering a new R6Pro :laughing:

GK2pTFxl.jpg

Had already done the indiegogo order before the dx150 was announced, so yeah hindsight and all that.

Sep 14, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #1,545 of 3,129
I found that the stock Mango Player was more responsive than the Mango OS. Both in 275L & 293L. Also I enjoy the GUI for most screens on stock DX150 Mango.

Two items on my wish list:
1. program a "pure music" mode for the 150
2. introduce either changeable theme(s) OR the new DX120 theme to the 150.

IBASSO — Let's not forget the "middle child" in your lineup!
We will not forget. :^)

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back