iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jul 11, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #1,306 of 3,129
Jul 12, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #1,308 of 3,129
Planning to start using my DX150 as my everyday carry DAP and leave the more expensive DX200 and IT04 for home listening.

I took a listen to DX150 with AMP7 and IT01 last night.
Bear in mind that the AMP7 has only had maybe 20-40 hours burn-in.
I found the combination to be a bit bass-heavy for my liking.
Others may find it wonderful of course, that's just my preference for a more neutral reference sound (I do love bass, but done in a way that doesn't affect the rest of the sound signature).

I suspect the reason is because you've essentially got 3 separate components all tuned to have a slight power and prominence in the bass region; that's been the reported tuning of the DX150, IT01 and the AMP7. So putting them all together could indeed lead to overkill or heaven for some, haha :D

Well, I've now changed over to AMP3, plugged in a pair of IT03 with CB12s cable and it's sounding *very* close in sound quality and sound signature to my DX200 :)

I'd love to sit down and compare AMP6, 7, 3, 4s, and 8, not to mention the different cables and IEM's but there simply aren't enough hours in the day lol.
Every now and then, I find myself with a bit of spare time to kill and do some A/B testing between a couple of AMP's, IEM's or whatever.
If anyone has any requests, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime though, as @Paul - iBasso always says, "Enjoy the music".
Which is exactly what I'm doing right now :D

Jul 12, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #1,311 of 3,129
Planning to start using my DX150 as my everyday carry DAP and leave the more expensive DX200 and IT04 for home listening.

I took a listen to DX150 with AMP7 and IT01 last night.
Bear in mind that the AMP7 has only had maybe 20-40 hours burn-in.
I found the combination to be a bit bass-heavy for my liking.
Others may find it wonderful of course, that's just my preference for a more neutral reference sound (I do love bass, but done in a way that doesn't affect the rest of the sound signature).

I suspect the reason is because you've essentially got 3 separate components all tuned to have a slight power and prominence in the bass region; that's been the reported tuning of the DX150, IT01 and the AMP7. So putting them all together could indeed lead to overkill or heaven for some, haha :D

Well, I've now changed over to AMP3, plugged in a pair of IT03 with CB12s cable and it's sounding *very* close in sound quality and sound signature to my DX200 :)

I'd love to sit down and compare AMP6, 7, 3, 4s, and 8, not to mention the different cables and IEM's but there simply aren't enough hours in the day lol.
Every now and then, I find myself with a bit of spare time to kill and do some A/B testing between a couple of AMP's, IEM's or whatever.
If anyone has any requests, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

In the meantime though, as @Paul - iBasso always says, "Enjoy the music".
Which is exactly what I'm doing right now :D

I've been really happy with my DX150 + Amp 3 + Andro combination. I found Amp 6 to be a bit too warm and remove some of the treble sparkle that really lets the Andro shine. Amp 3 brought back that treble with plenty of bass impact and dynamics to keep things fun without being one-sided.

Jul 12, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #1,312 of 3,129
It doen't work with my X5 3 and X7 II as confirmed by another user in X7 II thread.
Hummm, that's a shame. I would of assume with an Android OS apps would work.

On my DX150 USB Audio Player Pro and Hiby app seem to have working EQ settings. I can't speak for PlayerPro though.

Maybe someone else can give a definitive answer.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #1,313 of 3,129
Hi could some folks share impressions on dx150 with amp8 and a pair of HD800S, how good will it sound, could it be on par with hdv 820 dac/amp?

Jul 14, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #1,314 of 3,129
Can somebody write a quick summary of all the different amps?

Jul 14, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #1,315 of 3,129
Can somebody write a quick summary of all the different amps?

This will get you about halfway there. For the 4s, 6 (standard with DX150), 7 and 8 it may take a bit more work. However, if you can speak to what you like in a sound signature and what equipment you're using, I'm sure folks can give you some directed impressions. AMP7 & AMP8, of course, are the newest ones and receiving most of the recent attention.

Jul 15, 2018 at 5:01 AM Post #1,316 of 3,129
Firmware 2.10.275-L1 has been released!

For beta testers: Thanks a lot for your support! Please update to the release version, because it has some last minute changes!
  • Pure Mango OS mode has been added, exactly as in DX200.
  • Power consumption in Android's deep sleep mode has been reduced.
Screenshot_20180715-111233.png
The screenshot was taken with usual settings. Google services were not disabled. But YMMV depending of apps installed and usage pattern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back