iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Jun 25, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #1,201 of 3,129
Disregard my post below.
Tried on my Windows 10 Laptop and it worked. For some reason my Windows 10 Pro desktop wouldn't.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Tried to install Lurker's firmware but on step 13 where it says :

13. Press and hold the Play/Pause, and connect the DX200 to the computer again. Release the Play/Pause after you see the area 3 turns to blue color, and the device type will show “loader”.

In area 3 I don't notice anything turn blue. I can't seem to install the firmware, not sure where I'm going wrong.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #1,202 of 3,129
We are on track for the release of the AMP7 and AMP8 for the DX200 and DX150. I think many will enjoy the music very much with these amps.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jun 27, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #1,203 of 3,129
We are on track for the release of the AMP7 and AMP8 for the DX200 and DX150. I think many will enjoy the music very much with these amps.

Paul, could You say something about specification of that amps?

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #1,204 of 3,129
Paul, could You say something about specification of that amps?
I will have the specifications to place here very soon. For the AMP8 the power output is 1.2 watts. The measurements are extremely good so I think people will find that both amps are very quiet with an excellent noise floor and fast providing dynamics to complement the music.

Jun 28, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #1,205 of 3,129
One feature I actually really enjoy from Tidal on this device is that when you're listening the album art of the current song is set to be the background on the lock screen.

Would love to see this feature for Mango player too, maybe even with a little more info (artist/song/album etc).

Just a thought..

Jun 28, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #1,206 of 3,129
Hey everyone. New DX150 owner here. I'm comeing from a DX200. I have a question about Mango player. On the DX200 there is a Android app Mango player and a stand alone mango player. Does anyone know why iBasso didn't include the standalone Mango player on the DX150?

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #1,207 of 3,129
One feature I actually really enjoy from Tidal on this device is that when you're listening the album art of the current song is set to be the background on the lock screen.

Would love to see this feature for Mango player too, maybe even with a little more info (artist/song/album etc).

Just a thought..

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #1,208 of 3,129
I will have the specifications to place here very soon. For the AMP8 the power output is 1.2 watts. The measurements are extremely good so I think people will find that both amps are very quiet with an excellent noise floor and fast providing dynamics to complement the music.
Paul-Will the Amp modules be available directly through iBasso's website?

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #1,209 of 3,129

Jun 28, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #1,210 of 3,129
Jun 28, 2018 at 11:34 PM Post #1,211 of 3,129
I let a friend borrow my DX150 for a couple of days, which then turned into a couple of weeks. His focus lately has been updating the speakers around his house and especially his home theater system. He tried the DX150 through inexpensive headphones, middle of the road headphones, one of the Sony wireless models, and through his home theater setup. He came back to me with several comments about how he never really appreciated how important a good source was. :) Then he started looking around at other DAPs and comparing features and prices but soon came back to the DX150 as meeting all of his needs. No doubt iBasso has another fan now and I'd expect a new member of the iBasso owner's club soon.

It's great to see the look on someone's face when they get to hear a new perspective on music they've listened to for years and thought they knew intimately. It almost offsets the guilt you feel for the additional pressure on their wallet. :)

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #1,213 of 3,129
I let a friend borrow my DX150 for a couple of days, which then turned into a couple of weeks. His focus lately has been updating the speakers around his house and especially his home theater system. He tried the DX150 through inexpensive headphones, middle of the road headphones, one of the Sony wireless models, and through his home theater setup. He came back to me with several comments about how he never really appreciated how important a good source was. :) Then he started looking around at other DAPs and comparing features and prices but soon came back to the DX150 as meeting all of his needs. No doubt iBasso has another fan now and I'd expect a new member of the iBasso owner's club soon.

It's great to see the look on someone's face when they get to hear a new perspective on music they've listened to for years and thought they knew intimately. It almost offsets the guilt you feel for the additional pressure on their wallet. :)
Simple fix to the long time away from your DX150.... Hold on to it with white knuckles.... Never ever let someone borrow it.... Mine mine mine it's all mine.. . Lol.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #1,214 of 3,129
Simple fix to the long time away from your DX150.... Hold on to it with white knuckles.... Never ever let someone borrow it.... Mine mine mine it's all mine.. . Lol.

I saw it on his desk about a week ago and asked if he was done with it yet and he said "Not yet. Just consider that proof of life." LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back