iBasso DX150. Dual dacs and interchangeable AMPs. **NEW Firmware that supports AMP9! ** New FIRMWARE 1.05 Dec 30.
Aug 1, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #1,427 of 3,129
Finally, THE firmware for DX150: 2.10.275-L2! The changes are:
  • Even less power consumption in suspend mode (Android). I believe, it is the best possible, considering DX150 hardware specifics.
  • USB Audio application is working! Please read its description if you don't know what is it.
For those who aware about USB Audio on DX200: no, there are no clicks during 16/44 playback on DX150! Clean sound from all the bit and sample rates!

This actually means that with this firmware build, DX150 reached the full functionality of DX200... and even slightly more :)

Aug 1, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #1,428 of 3,129
After flashed Firmware 2.10.275-L2

I trying use USB Audio application. It's working perfect on Hiby by lurker, UAPP with recommended setting and Neutron with recommended setting + turn on Direct USB Driver + turn off Volume control.

Thanks, Lurker0

Aug 2, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #1,429 of 3,129
Thanks Lurker, I was using your previous FW and things were great with it, will be updating to this one this week or weekend when I have time to try and get some more power savings out of it.

Now I'm just curious, what exactly is "suspend mode" on this device? Is this when the screen is off and still playing music, or is it when music is paused/stopped and the screen is off but the device is technically "on"? Trying to find the best way to save power and get battery life out of the device. I typically will use it in my car and screen will be blacked out and trying to use Fiio remote to control it while it is in my glove box or something. When I get to where I am going I pause the music and unplug the device and throw it in my backpack (usually) and do not "power off". The next morning the device seems to lose a significant amount of battery over night, like 10-20% maybe. Is this "suspend mode" or is the device still actually running normally but just has the screen asleep? Even when I turn my device off for the day when leaving work and throw it in my backpack, I feel like it's still losing a few % of battery over night. Just trying to find the best/easiest way to save power on this device if there was any real better sleep mode other than letting the screen just go black and go to rest, and fully powering the device down. I know the minute it takes for it to turn on in the morning is not the end of the world, but if I could plug it in and just start playing music without having to wait for it to boot up I'd be happy.

Again, thanks for the work you did and I will definitely be updating soon.

Aug 2, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #1,430 of 3,129
Now I'm just curious, what exactly is "suspend mode" on this device?
"Suspend to RAM" is how deep sleep is called in Linux kernel. RAM keeps working in self-refresh mode, CPU is stopped, but some peripheral devices (including WiFi and Bluetooth) are not powered down. An Android device falls into this mode usually in a minute or more (depending on hidden settings), if the screen is turned off and no an application prevents it by holding a wake lock. A music player does hold a wake lock. Time to time the device can be woken up by "alarms", if applications have them set up. It depends on which apps are installed.

The next morning the device seems to lose a significant amount of battery over night, like 10-20% maybe
Running 2.10.275L2, my DX150 consumes not more than 0.3% per hour:
Screenshot_20180802-202903.png
I have "turned green" the first three items in the System settings of my USB Audio application. Please follow the links for more info.
Screenshot_20180802-204118.png
This does not prevent even paid apps I use (UAPP, Neutron, B-Folders, RealCalc, Stopwatch &Timer+, Better Battery Stats) from running. I only need to enable Google Services to update them, and for the first launch after the update, to let them check their licenses.
if I could plug it in and just start playing music without having to wait for it to boot up I'd be happy.
That's how I use my DX200, and what I was trying to achieve for DX150.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2018 at 4:18 PM Post #1,431 of 3,129
Random question... I'm looking to get a case for my DX200. The 150 has a suede leather case right? Do you have issues with it getting dirty.

Aug 2, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #1,432 of 3,129
"Suspend to RAM" is how deep sleep is called in Linux kernel. RAM keeps working in self-refresh mode, CPU is stopped, but some peripheral devices (including WiFi and Bluetooth) are not powered down. An Android device falls into this mode usually in a minute or more (depending on hidden settings), if the screen is turned off and no an application prevents it by holding a wake lock. A music player does hold a wake lock. Time to time the device can be woken up by "alarms", if applications have them set up. It depends on which apps are installed.

Running 2.10.275L2, my DX150 consumes not more than 0.3% per hour:
I have "turned green" the first three items in the System settings of my USB Audio application. Please follow the links for more info.
This does not prevent even paid apps I use (UAPP, Neutron, B-Folders, RealCalc, Stopwatch &Timer+, Better Battery Stats) from running. I only need to enable Google Services to update them, and for the first launch after the update, to let them check their licenses.
That's how I use my DX200, and what I was trying to achieve for DX150.
Thank you very much for the detailed reply. Seems like this new update should be right up my alley for what I am looking for.

Aug 3, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #1,434 of 3,129
Does this latest Lurker firmware include the recent latency improvements in the last official Ibasso firmware released in June?

My apologies, but I'm unfamiliar with how this 3rd party firmware replacement works. I "think" Lurker releases his version of whatever is the latest Official Ibasso release? Or, perhaps they are not so tightly related?

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #1,435 of 3,129
Aug 5, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #1,437 of 3,129
Hi all,

I currently own a Cowon Plenue R however I am looking for something that has some more driving power. The Plenue R does spoil me for UI performance however - of the DAPs I own it works flawlessly and UI performance and responsiveness is the most refined I have used.

I am considering upgrading to the DX150, however I have read several posts and a lot of this thread regarding some lag issues with the DX150. I noticed some experience this while a lot of others do not. I will likely not install unofficial firmware like Lurker's despite the positive feedback, however has the iBSSO Firmware releases addressed the performance issues, or are people still experiencing them at all? Lag and bugs are a deal breaker in my book, so hoping to hear from current users :).

My library is 100% FLAC, i do not use any DSD, MP3 or other formats.

Thanks guys!!

Aug 5, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #1,438 of 3,129
Hi all,

I currently own a Cowon Plenue R however I am looking for something that has some more driving power. The Plenue R does spoil me for UI performance however - of the DAPs I own it works flawlessly and UI performance and responsiveness is the most refined I have used.

I am considering upgrading to the DX150, however I have read several posts and a lot of this thread regarding some lag issues with the DX150. I noticed some experience this while a lot of others do not. I will likely not install unofficial firmware like Lurker's despite the positive feedback, however has the iBSSO Firmware releases addressed the performance issues, or are people still experiencing them at all? Lag and bugs are a deal breaker in my book, so hoping to hear from current users :).

My library is 100% FLAC, i do not use any DSD, MP3 or other formats.

Thanks guys!!
It hasn't had any lag for some time now. The DX150 works great.

Aug 5, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #1,439 of 3,129
It hasn't had any lag for some time now. The DX150 works great.

Thanks for the response - I appreciate it

Just have to now invest in research to see if the DX150 is a genuine step up from the Plenue R :)

Aug 5, 2018 at 7:24 AM Post #1,440 of 3,129
Thanks for the response - I appreciate it

Just have to now invest in research to see if the DX150 is a genuine step up from the Plenue R :)

PR has a highly optimized unix based os, and while both have an equally responsive gui, PR will have a slight upper hand there. In terms of sound performance, as I mentioned in my review, they are on par. Dx150 will have a big advantage of interchangeable amp modules, full android interface, and streaming with access to apps. PR will have an advantage of a smaller compact size, longer battery, and Jeteffect DSP sound shaping with semi-parametric EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back