iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 25, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #2,206 of 2,799

Quote:

All current Android smartphones that count as medium to high spec have 1GB RAM - no exceptions.

256 Ram is plenty enough for DX100 as it only purpose is music player. IMO

Jan 25, 2012 at 5:30 AM Post #2,207 of 2,799
To all members, I got some 24/192 flac (HDtracks) tracks and would like to down sample them to 24/96, so what is the best way to do it?
I got xrecode (but did not even try it with this app). thanks

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:57 AM Post #2,209 of 2,799

Quote:
It's coming from China. Maybe it's because of Chinese New Year holidays that it hasn't shipped yet?

Maybe....However, I cannot wait~~
L3000.gif

Jan 25, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #2,210 of 2,799

Quote:
A convenient and good way is to use dbPoweramp. While probably the BEST would be Saracon by Weiss. But again: dbPoweramp does a fine job.

Thanks mate.

Jan 25, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #2,212 of 2,799

Quote:
Enough for an mp3 player, not for Android though. I had a phone with 256MB, 512MB and 1GB RAM and the difference for operating such a device is huge.

Yes it matters for a phone w/ Android, not a DAP w/ Android.  Your phone is likely running all sorts of background stuff like messaging and email.  But yes, memory is huge for smartphones.  Otherwise u need very efficient code in the OS.

I'd be more concerned about getting Android 4.0 on this device.  Will it have the capacity to do so?  Most phones out now aren't able to handle the upgrade due to the size of the OS.

Jan 25, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #2,213 of 2,799

Quote:
Yes it matters for a phone w/ Android, not a DAP w/ Android.  Your phone is likely running all sorts of background stuff like messaging and email.  But yes, memory is huge for smartphones.  Otherwise u need very efficient code in the OS.

I'd be more concerned about getting Android 4.0 on this device.  Will it have the capacity to do so?  Most phones out now aren't able to handle the upgrade due to the size of the OS.

Agree on memory and disagree on Android upgrade. iBasso had managed do get 24/192 going with Android 2.3. Music player is hard coded and update of OS can lead to errors with DX100 hardware part. Why would you need an upgrade. For example if I would buy DX100, then I will use it only as a music player and nothing else. For other purpose I've got my smartphone. As far as impressions go DX100 seems to fulfill its intended purpose of Reference DAP. If scootermafia says that DX100 is pretty close to his desktop rig, then what to you need more? Besides that you've got extra Wi-Fi, bluetooth, and android market. If there are minor flaws, they won't make me stop wanting to get a DX100.

Jan 25, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #2,214 of 2,799

Quote:
Agree on memory and disagree on Android upgrade. iBasso had managed do get 24/192 going with Android 2.3. Music player is hard coded and update of OS can lead to errors with DX100 hardware part. Why would you need an upgrade. For example if I would buy DX100, then I will use it only as a music player and nothing else. For other purpose I've got my smartphone. As far as impressions go DX100 seems to fulfill its intended purpose of Reference DAP. If scootermafia says that DX100 is pretty close to his desktop rig, then what to you need more? Besides that you've got extra Wi-Fi, bluetooth, and android market. If there are minor flaws, they won't make me stop wanting to get a DX100.

ICS is a better, more complete and efficient OS w/ USB capabilities not found on Gingerbread.  It's certainly not necessary at all.  Just something to think about from their standpoint.

Jan 25, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #2,215 of 2,799

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ICS is a better, more complete and efficient OS w/ USB capabilities not found on Gingerbread.  It's certainly not necessary at all.  Just something to think about from their standpoint.

If someone considering to make upgrade on DX100, I would suggest to wait for official iBasso firmware release. Especially if you don't want to have problems with new software and OS.

Jan 25, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #2,216 of 2,799
It has 256mb RAM and 512mb internal storage then the 64gb is a sort of auxiliary storage, then theres a MicroSD slot.

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #2,218 of 2,799

Quote:

If someone considering to make upgrade on DX100, I would suggest to wait for official iBasso firmware release. Especially if you don't want to have problems with new software and OS.

+1  

Even Google has been bricking their own phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back