iBasso DX100 Reference DAP - ES9018 inside
Jan 22, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #2,102 of 2,799
I have been following the DX100 closely.

I am in the process of building a good portable rig from scratch + Westone ES5.

So far, my options are either:
1. iPod + Fostex HP-P1
2. DX100

I hope someone will have the time to compare between the two, especially in their synergy with custom IEMs.

Thanks! 

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #2,104 of 2,799

Quote:
I went to the Ibasso web site and entered all the necessary information for a "pre order" and with shipping the price came to just a little over $10,000. I do not live on mars so I was a bit surprised.

That is because the first run of the DX100 is out of stock. The DX100 you see is basically just a placeholder.

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #2,106 of 2,799

Quote:
I could even understand $799, but that extra $30 just pushed it out of reach...

Cheers!
-HK sends

30 dollars pushes it out of reach? That is a few cups of coffee or some fine tea. :^)

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #2,107 of 2,799
Quote:
30 dollars pushes it out of reach? That is a few cups of coffee or some fine tea. :^)

Ahh, yes..but that's still tacked on to a price that is pretty high.  And how does shipping factor in?
I have a three year old laptop with USB and SPDIF outputs playing flac files with Foobar.  Will this be better?  Will it be worth it?
Those really are hard questions to answer without taking a hard look at the price...or perceived value...

An unfortunately budget constrained,
-HK sends

PS- Yeah, I know...I shouldn't have bought all them tubes for my Lyr.
tongue.gif

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #2,108 of 2,799
Ahh, yes..but that's still tacked on to a price that is pretty high.  And how does shipping factor in?
I have a three year old laptop with USB and SPDIF outputs playing flac files with Foobar.  Will this be better?  Will it be worth it?
Those really are hard questions to answer without taking a hard look at the price...or perceived value...

An unfortunately budget constrained,
-HK sends

PS- Yeah, I know...I shouldn't have bought all them tubes for my Lyr.
tongue.gif

Sell some of them!

I hear there are folks looking. :wink:

Jan 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #2,112 of 2,799
Actually, I already did (sorry)...  Just not recently enough to help me purchase a DX100.
frown.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

:mad:

Just kidding.

I totally understand the sticker shock too. I'm justifying to myself because my pc and amps are going to be packed up in shipping for 4-5 months this summer. How could I possible make it through that without the DX100 to tide me over? :rolleyes:

Jan 22, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #2,113 of 2,799
Ok, time to take up a collection for HK. A dollar each, now just 29 more to get him there! :^)

Jan 22, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #2,114 of 2,799

Quote:
That is because the first run of the DX100 is out of stock. The DX100 you see is basically just a placeholder.

Yeah I hope so, but I did go through the check out process all the way and up to the point where you enter your credit card information and the price of $10,000 didn't change. Not a big deal because I didn't complete the transaction and I sent Ibasso a note.

Jan 22, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #2,115 of 2,799
I have zero sticker shock - really surprising myself with my ability to ignore this until some of the FOTM wears off. It took a while with the Colorfly and the HM-801, but both have their fans and those who just didnt enjoy the 'return on investment'. Again, I can see the DX100 being another HF-2, and I hope that the 'First 40' were all genuine buyers, not simply folk hoping to cash in on low stock levels over the next few months .....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back