Ibasso Dx100 bugs to fix or features to add : Please tell us what you want to fix or add
Apr 1, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #91 of 218

DX100 Feature Requests:

- When playing a track and then interrupting playback by manually choosing a different track, player fades-out current track (good), but fades-in the new track (bad). Please do not fade-in the new track!

- Please remove any processes from start-up that are not absolutely necessary for playing music - for example, we do not need or want Android Market to automatically run, when the player is switched on

- Would like to see a L/R balance control and also a L/R channel swap function. This isn't critically important but it would be a nice feature to have, particularly for people with headphones (or ears!) with differing L/R levels.

- Could we have a 'sensitivity' adjuster to allow hardware volume control button to adjust volume-level up or down more quickly or more slowly, depending on user preference?

- Do we really need the 'Basic' Music Player view as well as the 'Detailed' View? The 'Detailed' view seems entirely adequate to me, so the 'Basic' view seems redundant.

Thanks, iBasso!

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #92 of 218
Hello,
Another request for Ibasso.
Put on their site the new firmware version 1.06.
There is still the version 1.0.3. this version has no gapless and other updates.
Ibasso please.

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #93 of 218

Quote:
Hello,
Another request for Ibasso.
Put on their site the new firmware version 1.06.
There is still the version 1.0.3. this version has no gapless and other updates.
Ibasso please.

You mean the version that I downloaded and uploaded to my player was NOT 1.06?  Well, that would put a big wrinkle in all the effort I went through this morning.

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #94 of 218
One further note before I forget...yet another bug:

In the song view and play order of a given album, the ordering is  driven by a simplistic first-digit numeric default and gives you an order similar to this for an album with 13 tracks on it, for instance:

1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... etc. 

The songs will play in that order. 

I'm not sure how one might reorder them properly.  This is, of course in my player, which may have something wrong with it. 

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #95 of 218

Quote:
One further note before I forget...yet another bug:

In the song view and play order of a given album, the ordering is  driven by a simplistic first-digit numeric default and gives you an order similar to this for an album with 13 tracks on it, for instance:

1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... etc. 

The songs will play in that order. 

I'm not sure how one might reorder them properly.  This is, of course in my player, which may have something wrong with it. 

Yes, I noticed that, too. I am numbering my tracks 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12, etc.

Apr 1, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #96 of 218

Quote:

Yes, I noticed that, too. I am numbering my tracks 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,12, etc.

See, now my question is why should I have to number my tracks at all.  That's like getting a CD player and having to go in and manually change the track numbers on every disc in your library in order for a disk to play in the proper sequential order.  I don't think most reasonable people would even be willing to do that.  I mean no offense to you at all...just wondering out loud.  Why do I need to move, alter, reorganize my music files in order for them to play properly, or try to re-attach album art in order for it to show up?  My library is approaching 2tb of music and the idea of something like that is just ridiculous.  I'd rather spend my time listening to music than worrying about such things.  That's what I'm paying the manufacturer to sort out.  In this case I'm paying them many times over what an average DAP costs. 

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #97 of 218
I'm not sure if this bug has been noted, but if I play go from Artist and select a album/single, in this case a single with 1 song. After it plays that 1 song, the player freezes up and refuses to play any further tracks unless I restart it.

EDIT: I tried playing a full album this time, and after the first song I selected the player would behave exactly as above.
I don't know what is going on now, before it would play just fine. Now after playing one song, it just freezes up.

EDIT2: So according to iBasso my unit is DOA and I'm sending it back to get a replacement.

Apr 1, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #98 of 218
Earlier this evening, my DX100 played 4 tracks sequentially (1,2,3,4) but when it got to track 5, it played it and then, for no apparent reason, decided to repeat it instead of going to track 6 (I did not accidentally touch the 'repeat' icon/option). The 'repeat' option was greyed-out (i.e. not selected) when track 5 repeated.  Weird.

Apr 2, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #99 of 218
I'm sorry,
If you have received the second wave of the DX100 especially do not update because you already have version 1.0.6.
I made this stupidity!
The update is currently incurable because the firmware 1.0.6 is still not available and I think Ibasso soon will release a version 1.0.7.

Annuler les modifications

Apr 2, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #100 of 218
do not update if you have firmware version 1.06.
Especially expect in the next version of their site ibasso because the version of February 15, 2012 is version 1.0.3.

To find the right language must go to the first parameter is the icon top left which is shaped like a large button.
Then we must look in the dropdown menu icon square with an A inside and A for the font in the writing programs. (Language and keyboard).
Then tap on the first line.
Here you are and already in English to choose your language

Apr 3, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #101 of 218
Have anyone tried to turn on both the gapless and shuffle together?

I have an album with 16 songs, and I turned on the gapless and shuffle together. Then I found that sometimes, a track can be played 3 or even 4 times in a row. I know that it could be normal that for shuffle, sometimes a song can be played twice in a row, but 3-4 times in a row is just quite weird and felt like a bug to me. And after I turned off the gapless function, the repeating seems solved, but the sequence of the songs still seems not quite "shuffle". The same set of 4-5 oout of the 16 songs will just play repeatedly, while the others will seldom play.

Apr 3, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #102 of 218

Quote:

I have an album with 16 songs, and I turned on the gapless and shuffle together. Then I found that sometimes, a track can be played 3 or even 4 times in a row. I know that it could be normal that for shuffle, sometimes a song can be played twice in a row, but 3-4 times in a row is just quite weird and felt like a bug to me. And after I turned off the gapless function, the repeating seems solved, but the sequence of the songs still seems not quite "shuffle". The same set of 4-5 oout of the 16 songs will just play repeatedly, while the others will seldom play.

If its on shuffle then honestly it should not be playing any of the songs again unless you have it on loop where it will keep playing all the songs within the album or folder. So that is also a bug that needs to be fixed. I don't seem to have this issue on Power Amp FWIW.

Apr 3, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #103 of 218

Quote:

If it is shuffling the songs, why would you be concerned about gapless at all?  Have you tried putting it on shuffle without gapless engaged?

Apr 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #104 of 218
Yes I have turned off gapless and the shuffle seems working better. But as I said, the shuffle seems still strange in the sense that 4-5 out of the 16 songs will play more, while the others will seldom be played. Sometimes, the same song will be played twice in a row.

Apr 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #105 of 218
Mine was shuffling strangely too...damnit iBasso.

Pretty much all you can count on with the iBasso DX100 right now is that if you find a song and select it, it'll start playing and let you listen to it.  Any more than that and you're looking at potential disappointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back