iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Oct 24, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #12,198 of 13,503
Hey mates

Last night i had an odd thing happen , as far as a google search goes its unheard of .

i have future sonics MG 6 pros , and HD 800s , i dont use either for exercise

i use my much cheaper Ipods , the newer ones with volume control , almost tear drop shaped that fit right in ears and dont pop out

While plugged into my dx100 they got so hot i had to quickly pull them out . They have almost zero volume now .

Was this possibly an issue with my dx100 ? Or the buds them selves ?

It seems an issue ipod should be made aware of , if i had Ie fallen asleep , the damage may have been quite bad . i tried to contact apple via online , but i need a s/n , and these dont have a serial # and i wont pay 35.00 support for a 35.00 item

Any input is appreciated , esp. if it concerns an issue with my dx100 . id cry if i plugged my FS into that port and baked them :frowning2:

Cheers

Oct 24, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #12,199 of 13,503
Were at you high gain and what volume level? Did you plugged the buds before turning on/off the DX100 (pop) . also, the buds might have sweat/moisture?

If you have other disposable buds lying around, you can experiment. :)

_But this is a first time, an owner reported a DX100 could fry an earphone

Oct 24, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #12,200 of 13,503
Were at you high gain and what volume level? Did you plugged the buds before turning on/off the DX100 (pop) . also, the buds might have sweat/moisture?

If you have other disposable buds lying around, you can experiment.
smily_headphones1.gif

_But this is a first time, an owner reported a DX100 could fry an earphone

Thanks mate

Yes i was on hi gain ,i forget , but i believe DX100 was on when i plugged in,but not playing music  ( would either of these cause an issue ? Heating etc ? , PS there was never a pop , just extremely over heating) .

ill ask some mates if they have some cheapies i can test

Cheers

Oct 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #12,201 of 13,503
I have a fairly strange problem which I didn't find mentioned in this Thread til now. I bought DX100 when 3d Batch was on sale and since then worked thru all updates. I used the device very very very seldom because I mainly use PC-DAC-Headamp-HD-800. But at least the DX100 seemed to work correctly even at longer sessions a complete symphony for instance.
A couple of weeks ago I updatet from 1.3.7 to 1.4.2, but didn't use it until today.
Well,the problem: no matter how I dimm the display: manually or automatically with 1 minute, 2 minute or 30 Minute setting the device stops playing music about 1 or 2 minutes after dimming gets active. That means, from modus dimmed display it runs into modus deep standby. The music stops. After pushing the on-switch the marvelous iBasso-DX100-switchon-crack appears and the music plays again.
It's possible, that the problem is a matter of 1.4.2 so I went back to 1.3.7 to give it a try. That's on work right now.
Did anyone of you get the same problem?

Oct 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #12,202 of 13,503
ok, my testing shows: the problem with going to deep shutdown 1 or 2 minutes after dimming the display is a fw 1.4.2-problem. With FW 1.3.7 restored the problem is gone.

Well, dear iBasso, please be so kind to make a tiny modification to your FW 1.4.2!

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #12,203 of 13,503
ok, my testing shows: the problem with going to deep shutdown 1 or 2 minutes after dimming the display is a fw 1.4.2-problem. With FW 1.3.7 restored the problem is gone.

Well, dear iBasso, please be so kind to make a tiny modification to your FW 1.4.2!

I recall having this issue early on after installing 1.4.2. I think a hard reset with a pin in the reset hole fixed it. For some reason resetting the DX via software is not enough to clear residual or legacy settings. Seeing as I only use the default player this isn't a big deal. I think many have found that loading it with Android apps simply burden the device with junk it doesn't handle well.

Certainly, I have found since then, 1.4.2 to be stable and closest to optimum UI responsiveness and the SQ good enough not to worry about earlier versions.

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #12,204 of 13,503
Thank you Jpfe8851
By the way, I'm only using the default player. The problem occurs while the default player is playing music. I myself even haven't installed any app.
I think I'll stay with 1.3.7. It works and is enough for me.
If some day I'm eager to go to 1.4.2 again I'll do the hard reset a try.

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #12,206 of 13,503
Hi, I have some question about DX 100 since I am finally offered the chance to get it for 500 bucks (or even less), I remember know the answer to these question but I hope you guys can help me remember it since I haven't touched this thread for so long
1. Maximum battery life on the dx100?, does it last you say around 6 hour on new dx100s?
2.Most needy headphone you ever driven through it
3. does the UI still have glitches and you are still better off playing your non high res songs in say poweramp

thanks beforehand

Oct 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM Post #12,207 of 13,503
Hi, I have some question about DX 100 since I am finally offered the chance to get it for 500 bucks (or even less), I remember know the answer to these question but I hope you guys can help me remember it since I haven't touched this thread for so long

1. Maximum battery life on the dx100?, does it last you say around 6 hour on new dx100s?

I get around 8 hours

I have driven LCD 2 through it without difficulty, I drive Ultrasone Signature Pros every day very easily

3. does the UI still have glitches and you are still better off playing your non high res songs in say poweramp

I only use the stock player for all files, sometimes I use the directory to play albums as I find it more reliable for track orders on some albums

thanks beforehand

Oct 28, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #12,209 of 13,503

thanks beforehand

1) I'd say 7-9 hours depending on screen brightness, usage patterns and the cans you're using it with.
2) Beyerdynamic T1 (600ohm) for testing, HE500 and HD650 for extended periods. Both were great.
3) Nope. With 1.4.2 I don't even bother rooting the thing anymore, I just use it. I just hope they fix the track order like they did on the DX50.

Oct 28, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #12,210 of 13,503
Thanks for all of the answer ,
I am looking on the go  with iem like the Sony ex 1000 and maybe some cans like the Custom One Pro/M100. The HD 650 , maybe LCD 2 later at home
Since this is a secondhand item I am expecting the battery to be around 6 hour, but from what I tried the battery seems to drop like rock , is the battery drains relatively stable ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back