iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 30, 2013 at 1:07 AM Post #12,046 of 13,503
This licence issue with poweramp has been reported b4 in gingerbread as far as i rem. Has been fix in ics n above.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

As far as I can tell, Poweramp behaves this way by design; it "phones home" every three days. You will only get a message if you have no active Internet, since if you don't, it can't validate your license. If your Android is a cell phone this isn't an issue, if it's a music player and only needs Internet via WiFi to use the Google Market, then it can easily become a problem, especially if you take your player with you on say a long trip where your access to WiFi hot spots is limited.

Unless you are saying something different? The only way I have read to stop this license check behavior is to root your device and run a patch program that patches (or cracks) Poweramp to stop the license check.

I can only say i can run poweramp even in air plane mode now. I am on jb on my phone. N tat previously there was this issue reported on gingerbread.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #12,047 of 13,503
Does your EQ on your iBasso player behave as I describe? (Only attenuates... turn it on (i.e., touch "Open"), everything gets quieter, even with all EQ sliders maxed.)

Ah.... I think I now understand. Yes, the iBasso player's EQ does attenuate when active. This had been discussed earlier in the thread. I stand to be corrected, but I think few DX100 users EQ their DXs, some for this very reason. But then most don't use anything other than the native player since only that uses the correct API for playback through the ES chip. Poweramp unfortunately uses software playback only. While I like Poweramp and had used it in the past, I won't reinstall it on my DX100 due to this limitation. Also, if you are adding preamp gain in Poweramp, that will explain the much higher perceived volume versus the standard player with EQ on.

The fewer apps you install on the DX, the better. Other than the standard apps, the only ones I have are streaming service apps, Tune-In, Rhapsody and Pandora, however these don't use the API either so I rarely use them on the DX and use them on my phone and iPad instead. I've found that the DX works best with few additional Apps installed. In fact I seem to recall Cowon players using Android had the Play Store excluded to prevent additional apps being installed and affecting player operation.

However,like others have said we are surprised you have to turn up your volume so much even with the EQ on. I don't have any of the headphones you mention but my highest impedance phones, a set of HD600 drive adequately on 220, high gain. For those readers who think this is high, I have about 30% hearing loss (due to age mostly). If you turn off EQ and retest with some 300ohm headphones and still have a problem, then I suggest you have a hearing test (I'm serious about this not trying to be a smart aleck). I wear an ITE hearing aid except for when I'm using headphones or IEMs and its revitalised my work days and conversations.

Sep 1, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #12,048 of 13,503
Allnight...I feel  your pain man. I had to send mine back 3 times before they sent me a good unit. Just bite the bullet and send the freaking thing back as it's defective.

This is TOO expensive a unit to tolerate bullsh*t.

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #12,049 of 13,503
Got my iBasso back today, forgot how good this baby sounds (been listening to my sony Z walkman).  Supposedly I had a defective capacitor and they fixed it under warranty and that was that.  Guess they didn't mind much that mine was rooted through and through hah.

Sep 3, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #12,051 of 13,503
What was the problem with it?
smily_headphones1.gif
( sorry didn't back read anymore)

It wouldn't come on anymore magically one day....no matter what I did to it so I had to send it back.  They were very good about it and fixed it in a couple days.  Just so happy to have this back heh.....putting away that Z Walkman for the rainy day.

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #12,057 of 13,503
  thank you very much man :) would an expensive dac actually make a huge difference? or would the dx100 do just fine as a source for a high end amp?

The one way to know for sure is try it. I think the results will surprise many. Sure it isn't a home dac but the results are still very good, with transparency and good separation. 

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #12,058 of 13,503
  Allnight...I feel  your pain man. I had to send mine back 3 times before they sent me a good unit. Just bite the bullet and send the freaking thing back as it's defective.

This is TOO expensive a unit to tolerate bullsh*t.

I just sent mine back too for the second time in a row. I sent it out and when it came back it worked for 2 minutes before crapping out on me.I was upset because of the shipping.

Sep 15, 2013 at 5:30 AM Post #12,060 of 13,503
Hello:

I just won one of these off ebay. I have not received it yet but which is the best firmware user interface wise the newest 1.2.7 or the 1.4.2? One of these posts said the UI is snappier but I could not find another one stating it. Also I read1.4.2 was warmer but I was wondering does it still carry over most of the characteristics of the 1.2.7 firmware? I was also wondering how long it takes for the media scanning to recognize everything after loading a lot of music? I read in the faq that it takes longer than people realize and it frustrates them. Thanks for any help I am just deciding what firmware I should load on it right away and if I should load the majority of my library right away or a few of my favorite albums to test it out. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back