iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 29, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #12,031 of 13,503
Quote:
Yes, it had no effect on the iiBasso Music Player.

What the hell are you driving with the DX100 if 255 on high gain isn't enough? 
blink.gif

Aug 29, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #12,033 of 13,503
I was wondering that too...that's what I'd call excessive...lol

Aug 29, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #12,035 of 13,503
Quote:

I'd be blowing my ears out around 190. I generally listened around 160+

I was totally rocking out with the 600 ohm Beyer T1 on high gain at 200-210. If 255 on high isn't loud enough, something is wrong. 

Aug 29, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #12,036 of 13,503
Send the player back...there's definitely a problem there. Before my third foray into sending stuff back to iBasso...I had the whole volume thing going on too. It's in this thread somewhere. 

Anyway, I believe that was the straw that broke them down into sending me a new unit that someone actually "checked" before shipping to America.

Aug 29, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #12,037 of 13,503
What the hell are you driving with the DX100 if 255 on high gain isn't enough? 
blink.gif

Among other things: Beyerdynamic T1, Sennheiser HD 800, & Audeze LCD-3.

And also line out to various sources, for example, a line out to a Bose Wave Radio has room filling loudness with the Bose volume at 70 with Poweramp, that goes down about 30% or so (at least) when using the iBasso player.

Aug 29, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #12,038 of 13,503
Probably SR009s :wink:.

Seriously though he's saying that his last DX100 was noticeably louder so I'm assuming something is wrong.

I'm not sure if I'm doing a really bad job communicating (wouldn't surprise me) or if people just aren't reading closely enough. After all, this thread is over 800 pages now. :)

Anyways, I never said any such thing. I have had three players from iBasso now, all returned due to wireless, and all of them behaved exactly the same with regard to volume level and the stock player. They were just too quiet. In fact, I had originally intended to use the player as it shipped, without installing anything, and that was what prompted me to check the faq, which in turn prompted me to try Poweramp. That's when I found that the volume levels in Poweramp seemed to work properly, in comparison with the iBasso player. The Poweramp EQ boosts and attenuates. It seems the iBasso EQ only attenuates. And even then, it's quieter with the EQ engaged and all sliders are maxed, than when the EQ is off.

I would have looked for a different player though if I had known that the Poweramp developers don't trust their users and make paid software stop working every few days until users allow it to phone home.

Aug 29, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #12,039 of 13,503
If you have to have the volume that far up on the DX100 there is definitely a problem bro. 

Aug 29, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #12,041 of 13,503
Quote:
If you have to have the volume that far up on the DX100 there is definitely a problem bro. 

I agree. I never found my players volume to be too soft on the standard player. Nor on Power Amp. Power Amp was the only one to give me issues with volume because I had to manually increase it from the options in android. I can't imagine listening to my IEMs at 255. I'd be deaf in minutes :frowning2:.

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #12,042 of 13,503
Then I'm lost, lol. I must be doing something really stupid or something, or all three players I received have some issue, or maybe they changed something recently seeing as to how I initially purchased mine in July of this year.

On this third player they sent me, which is still working OK in terms of wireless and such, there is something rattling around inside of it (has been since I took it out of its shipping box). Sounds like a tiny eyeglass screw or something like it. UUUUUUUGggggggghhh. I am cursed!

I guess I could contact iBasso about the volume but holy cow I hate to have to think of sending this back to them a THIRD time!

Does your EQ on your iBasso player behave as I describe? (Only attenuates... turn it on (i.e., touch "Open"), everything gets quieter, even with all EQ sliders maxed.)

Aug 29, 2013 at 9:34 PM Post #12,043 of 13,503
This licence issue with poweramp has been reported b4 in gingerbread as far as i rem. Has been fix in ics n above.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

As far as I can tell, Poweramp behaves this way by design; it "phones home" every three days. You will only get a message if you have no active Internet, since if you don't, it can't validate your license. If your Android is a cell phone this isn't an issue, if it's a music player and only needs Internet via WiFi to use the Google Market, then it can easily become a problem, especially if you take your player with you on say a long trip where your access to WiFi hot spots is limited.

Unless you are saying something different? The only way I have read to stop this license check behavior is to root your device and run a patch program that patches (or cracks) Poweramp to stop the license check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back