iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 28, 2013 at 7:05 PM Post #12,016 of 13,503
very much welcome :)

depends on what you like, but here's some description only general and based on the post on this thread:

1.1.7 - neutral 
1.2.7 - more bass than 1.1.7. Open and Spacious
1.4.2 - more bass, better bass than 1.2.7. Small sound stage and slightly rolled-off treble. More natural, better instrument impact. Wolfson-like. 

I'm currently on 1.4.2. though I like 1.2.7, I did not bother to downgrade since I like the snappier UI, and I need to root etc..

as per my last email, I ask if they'll release a FW with DSD support. They said they don't any plans on that, but that's about DSD.

I guess they would, it would take some time since they are busy with the DX50 and perhaps the contact with the software develop has ended?

But I really want is that they release the ES9018 API and give the music player development to Poweramp/Gonemad/Neutron/Rockbox. 
Since these developers are more experienced with Android and what it can do. Could be the ultimate solution? lol 

*the third party devs can make EQ preset to have the 1.1.7/1.2.7/1.4.2 sound without re-installs. 

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:06 PM Post #12,017 of 13,503
Quote:
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but, the Ibasso player simply doesn't seem to work right. It just isn't loud enough. I have the gain switch set to high, I have the volume at 255, so as far as I can tell it's maxed, but the volume just seems "medium" or something. If I engage or "open" the equalizer, it just gets quieter. If I move the equalizer sliders all to max, it's still even quieter than when the equalizer is not on. This is with different pairs of head phones ranging from cheap to high end, and even the line out.

Poweramp works fine and produces a volume level as expected. The EQ and sound processing stuff all behaves as expected as well.

This is my third replacement unit (due to the wireless) and they all work like this for me... so, maybe I'm being an idiot and not using it right?

If you are using power amp did you ensure you turned up the volume in androids options? There is a setting for this that impacts power amps volume. Standard this volume is set to low. I think it's under sound in the options.

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #12,018 of 13,503
Quote:
very much welcome :)

depends on what you like, but here's some description only general and based on the post on this thread:

1.1.7 - neutral 
1.2.7 - more bass than 1.1.7. Open and Spacious
1.4.2 - more bass, better bass than 1.2.7. Small sound stage and slightly rolled-off treble. More natural, better instrument impact. Wolfson-like. 

I'm currently on 1.4.2. though I like 1.2.7, I did not bother to downgrade since I like the snappier UI, and I need to root etc..

as per my last email, I ask if they'll release a FW with DSD support. They said they don't any plans on that, but that's about DSD.

I guess they would, it would take some time since they are busy with the DX50 and perhaps the contact with the software develop has ended?

But I really want is that they release the ES9018 API and give the music player development to Poweramp/Gonemad/Neutron/Rockbox. 
Since these developers are more experienced with Android and what it can do. Could be the ultimate solution? lol 

*the third party devs can make EQ preset to have the 1.1.7/1.2.7/1.4.2 sound without re-installs. 

Thank you for clarifying!

AMEN to them releasing the API...they really need to. I'm really surprised that it hasn't been ripped open already by some enterprising individual at XDA...

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #12,022 of 13,503
If you are using power amp did you ensure you turned up the volume in androids options? There is a setting for this that impacts power amps volume. Standard this volume is set to low. I think it's under sound in the options.

As I mentioned, Poweramp works awesome. No issues whatsoever with sound or volume at all, with Poweramp. It's iBasso's Music Player that is too quiet for me, even with all volume settings maxed.

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #12,025 of 13,503
Figgie was able to open the whiskey player (music player) but he's not that active now

That's pretty big...I wonder what happened to him...

As for the dev's not being interested in a niche industry $1K item...from my 9yrs rooting devices it's more than just the availability to the masses.It's about the challenge.

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #12,026 of 13,503
Just had a VERY bad experience with Poweramp.

Was listening to music, went to change tracks, and Poweramp completely refused to work any more, AT ALL, throwing up a very nasty message telling me it wouldn't work any more until I enabled wireless, enabled background synch, and let it phone home to verify my license.

I had NO idea that it did this. I am VERY strongly against any kind of software that does this type of very anti-user behavior, and I would NEVER had supported them and given them my money if I knew it was going to be THIS kind of software; I don't care how great it is or if it cost 10 cents.

That means wireless AND a hot spot / Internet connection is a MUST with a paid version of Poweramp on the iBasso.

That sucks.

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #12,029 of 13,503
Quote:

Was listening to music, went to change tracks, and Poweramp completely refused to work any more, AT ALL, throwing up a very nasty message telling me it wouldn't work any more until I enabled wireless, enabled background synch, and let it phone home to verify my license.

I had NO idea that it did this. I am VERY strongly against any kind of software that does this type of very anti-user behavior, and I would NEVER had supported them and given them my money if I knew it was going to be THIS kind of software; I don't care how great it is or if it cost 10 cents.

That means wireless AND a hot spot / Internet connection is a MUST with a paid version of Poweramp on the iBasso.

That sucks.

Yep I had that issue before with Power Amp and Neutron Audio. Neutron was a constant issue though and could not be fixed so I got a refund.

Aug 29, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #12,030 of 13,503

That sucks.

This licence issue with poweramp has been reported b4 in gingerbread as far as i rem. Has been fix in ics n above.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back