iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Aug 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #12,001 of 13,503
There's nothing I'd like more than Poweramp+DX100 working together, but according to what iBasso has said, it will not happen.
We should insist, I sent them another mail not long ago. It's hard to desist
frown.gif

Aug 26, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #12,003 of 13,503
Quote:

maybe Gonemad or Neutron would work with them.  Unfortunately, iBasso keeps ignoring them

That's a real shame. I'd think with a good UI the DX100s appeal would be that much better. I'd probably have kept my unit if it had a fully functioning Power Amp UI with the same sound quality of the stock player. It was seamless IMO.

Aug 27, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #12,004 of 13,503
Quote:

That's a real shame. I'd think with a good UI the DX100s appeal would be that much better. I'd probably have kept my unit if it had a fully functioning Power Amp UI with the same sound quality of the stock player. It was seamless IMO.

I wasn't joking about that in-my-dreams DX200 using the DX50 UI. It looks so damn nice and functional, getting the job done and nothing more! 

Aug 27, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #12,005 of 13,503
Quote:
I wasn't joking about that in-my-dreams DX200 using the DX50 UI. It looks so damn nice and functional, getting the job done and nothing more! 

I'm betting the renders look better than the end result lol. I mean look at the DX100s renders. It looks so much more professional in the photos compared to the real thing (the UI that is). Kinda like Jack in the Box commercials. The food always looks way better than it actually is in real life :p.

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #12,007 of 13,503
Question for you guys. Has anyone ever had their playlists empty out? I mean...I had songs in them yesterday...but after a reboot today they're empty? I'm like What? This is new...

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #12,008 of 13,503
Quote:
Question for you guys. Has anyone ever had their playlists empty out? I mean...I had songs in them yesterday...but after a reboot today they're empty? I'm like What? This is new...

Did you clear the music player and the process that compiles your contents. I forgot the name. But I'd be sure to clear those two and then restart the player and let it do a complete rescan. My player would take around 15 to 20 minutes to do a complete scan and then all was well.

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #12,009 of 13,503
I'm honestly curious as to why you have installed those?  
smile.gif

The Play store will notify you of updates, Android can handle APK from SD installs as it is, there is not much to clean or kill... I do understand how one could want a better player UI, but as I don't want to (even if it's just theoretically) miss out on any SQ, I've learned to deal with the stock player. 

Man, I wish Ibasso and PowerAmp would work together and truly unleash the potential of the DX100!

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but, the Ibasso player simply doesn't seem to work right. It just isn't loud enough. I have the gain switch set to high, I have the volume at 255, so as far as I can tell it's maxed, but the volume just seems "medium" or something. If I engage or "open" the equalizer, it just gets quieter. If I move the equalizer sliders all to max, it's still even quieter than when the equalizer is not on. This is with different pairs of head phones ranging from cheap to high end, and even the line out.

Poweramp works fine and produces a volume level as expected. The EQ and sound processing stuff all behaves as expected as well.

This is my third replacement unit (due to the wireless) and they all work like this for me... so, maybe I'm being an idiot and not using it right?

Aug 28, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #12,010 of 13,503
I'm honestly curious as to why you have installed those?  
smile.gif

The Play store will notify you of updates, Android can handle APK from SD installs as it is, there is not much to clean or kill... I do understand how one could want a better player UI, but as I don't want to (even if it's just theoretically) miss out on any SQ, I've learned to deal with the stock player. 

Man, I wish Ibasso and PowerAmp would work together and truly unleash the potential of the DX100!

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but, the Ibasso player simply doesn't seem to work right. It just isn't loud enough. I have the gain switch set to high, I have the volume at 255, so as far as I can tell it's maxed, but the volume just seems "medium" or something. If I engage or "open" the equalizer, it just gets quieter. If I move the equalizer sliders all to max, it's still even quieter than when the equalizer is not on. This is with different pairs of head phones ranging from cheap to high end, and even the line out.

Poweramp works fine and produces a volume level as expected. The EQ and sound processing stuff all behaves as expected as well.

This is my third replacement unit (due to the wireless) and they all work like this for me... so, maybe I'm being an idiot and not using it right?

You can try go to poweramp settings - > audio - > advanced tweaks - > check / uncheck direct volume control.

Disclaimer: I dun own a dx100 but i guess no harm trying. Had a similar problem with poweramp when i use it with an audio mod on my phone.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #12,012 of 13,503
I need to know the process name that scans the media...does anyone know?

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #12,013 of 13,503
How do I do this? 

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #12,014 of 13,503
Quote:
I have no problem with Poweramp, it's the iBasso Music Player that behaves that way. I just sort of gave up on it and use Poweramp. :\

- just to make sure, you can try to uninstall Poweramp and see if the volume stays the same.

Quote:
How do I do this? 

Go to Settings, Applications,  Running Services, select the ALL tab.

Select Media Storage (for Media Scanning), then click "Clear Data"
Select Music (with the music player icon), then click "Clear Data"

Reboot.

Once reboot, you go to Go to Settings, Applications,  Running Services, Running
you should see Media Storage running 

* let it alone for 15-20 minute, or until the Media Storage service disappears

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #12,015 of 13,503
Worked like a charm Xnu!

Thanks bro!

I will remember that wonderful trick.

Now..here's a question that's more taste...Which has the better sound....? 1.27, 1.3.7, or 1.4.2?

Also, didn't iBasso say they'd have a new firmrware coming out for the DX100?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back