iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
May 15, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #11,627 of 13,503
Quote:
anyone understand French? This was actually my dx100 sold to a head fier in france. And he wrote a review on this I suppose. But what did he do to the firmware?! That looks very interesting to me with all that EQ functions are so on..Anyone know what is this?

Thanks~

http://forum.tellementnomade.com/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=5211

basically what he did is intalled a program called GO LAUNCHER and also free versions of GONE MAD AND POWERAMP the guy says with GO LAUNCCHER the DX is more fluid also says he can see right away when memory is overloaded.

May 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #11,628 of 13,503
With Power Amp I felt the DX100 was up there in terms of UI with even apple products. Such a shame they couldn't get it working with such a UI. I'd be madly tempted to pick up the DX100 again if they could get Power Amp working without degrading the DX100 sound quality.

May 16, 2013 at 5:23 PM Post #11,631 of 13,503
Quote:
I lost my Power Charger to my  DX100, can someone help on where to buy one please, Thankyou I appreciate your help XD

I would guess Radio Shack would work. Get the right tip by going in and check it with your unit and one that does 12 volts regulated. Center pin positive.

May 17, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #11,638 of 13,503
Quote:
It doesn't need to be that exact one, just look for something similar on Amazon US.

You could order from iBasso but it's stupidly expensive compared to just getting a charger off Amazon or somewhere similar.

Ibasso charges $6 for a new one, so not really expensive, no... Shipping might be a bit steep tho.

May 17, 2013 at 11:50 AM Post #11,640 of 13,503
Quote:
What would be great, is if iBasso can find a way to combine all those different firmware choices and let users select which firmware to turn on, to go with the music played. kinda like a super version of custom EQ settings. Now that would be an amazing update.

Some times listening to Kelly Sweet, on 1.2.7, she'd sound heavenly and with the Dark Knight Rises soundtrack, the 1.4.2 would be amazing.

From a technical perspective, that should not be hard.

They just change the base "EQ" settings on each firmware (I know they did that back in the 1.2.x F/W changes, have not gone into the 1.4.X F/W). I mention EQ loosely though, they actually tweak the audio curve directly in the firmware. very minor adjustments but sometimes they don't change anything (Literally, bit for bit identical) but yet people say they "HEAR" a difference which I don't get.

They should be able to make EQ curves for the real changes... add them as menu options. etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back