iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 29, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #11,507 of 13,503
Quote:
What does fixing the tags mean ?
Will the factory reset delete all my songs ?

Tag fixing: http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx100-faq At the bottom of the article are some nice tips on what to do.

Factory reset: Nope, won't delete your files unless you put a checkmark in the "Erase SD card" box :)

1) Go to Settings
2) Go to "Privacy"
3) Go to "Factory data reset"
4) Do NOT check "Erase SD card"
5) Click the "Reset DAP" button

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #11,508 of 13,503
Quote:

But it WILL delete installed third-party software.  If you've rooted, you will have to re-install Gingerbreak to root again.  However, this is a very minor price to pay to ensure that the DX100 is forced to "reset" all its internal stuff, like indexes, etc.

The few times that my DX100 has started acting "odd", I've done a factory reset, and allowed PLENTY of time for it to do all its indexing, etc.  For me (I have 143GB of music loaded) "PLENTY" of time after a full factory reset = about 2 hours without touching it.  That has always fixed the issues.

You should ALWAYS do a factory reset after a firmware upgrade, just to be safe.  A factory reset is done through "Settings", then "Privacy", then "Factory data reset", NOT just pushing the button inside the "Reset" hole on the side of the DX100 (that just does a power cycle).

Keep in mind that you may also need to reset a few of your options after the factory reset.  It usually keeps all the options (everything you can set when you go into "Settings"), but it's a good idea to check.  For me, there have been a few times it's reset a few options back to default.

Apr 29, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #11,509 of 13,503
Quote:
What does fixing the tags mean ?
Will the factory reset delete all my songs ?

You can find my guide in the DX100 Faq page. It may or may not solve your issues but the tags could also be playing a roll in this. Seems your media storage process gets stuck while indexing which could very well be a tag issue. Also go through with the factory reset as mentioned above to root all all possible issues. You may also want to load small amounts of tracks onto the device and see if you have the same issue. If not then it is most likely an issue with tags or certain music files. Good luck

http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx100-faq

Apr 29, 2013 at 5:22 PM Post #11,511 of 13,503
Just got my DX100 (come w/ fw v1.3.7 and fully charged) from Jaben 2 days ago.

First impression: Big Sound. Great Details and Layering. Just amazing. (though most of my music are 16/44.1 and a bit 320K MP3)
Unbelievable: my "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "Another One Bites the Dust", my "Big Love", my "Hotel California" and many many more...
Damn, Oh man come on Baby DX...you could do it...lol

Writing this post at the same time,listening to the Mashup mix by DJ Masa, a Brazilian DJ doing various K-Pop mashup,, It just ROCKS and I couldn't stop swing my head right and left continuously, I would turn it 360 degree if I could, like the little girl Regan in Exorcist. You guys could check out DJ Masa's youtube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/user/mmixes , if interested in mixes and mashups and K-Pop.
Right now, just LET IT PLAY THE MUSIC: I don't care the battery drain (it does drain fast so I just keep charging while I'm listening at home), don't care much background running services, don't care a few times unexpected responses, don't care a bit of artwork issues, I'd definitely do those "DX100 management" later and upgrade to fw v1.4.2 when I'm ready.

I just like to get the LCD2 asap now.

p.s. Thanks Jamato8 (the thread starter) and those active early adopters and many others participate in this thread, it do worth for me to spend 3 weeks time to read the every single post in this thread (though still in Page 604)

Apr 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #11,512 of 13,503
1.4.2. is soooo much snappier UI wise, glad I updated.

One problem I'm having atm is where I've had to rip some bonus/Jap release only tracks off YouTube (I literally could not find them anywhere else online), iTunes will play them, Finder will play them, but on the DX100 I just get silence and the odd pop. It's all mp3 (tried my best to find high bitrate versions) so not sure why they don't play. Most of them aren't even important songs, but the completist in me has to have every b-side and bonus track.

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #11,513 of 13,503
Quote:
You should ALWAYS do a factory reset after a firmware upgrade, just to be safe.  A factory reset is done through "Settings", then "Privacy", then "Factory data reset", NOT just pushing the button inside the "Reset" hole on the side of the DX100 (that just does a power cycle).

Keep in mind that you may also need to reset a few of your options after the factory reset.  It usually keeps all the options (everything you can set when you go into "Settings"), but it's a good idea to check.  For me, there have been a few times it's reset a few options back to default.

No, you should NOT always do a factory reset after a firmware upgrade. You can if you want to... but it is not necessary or required. If it were required iBasso would include that step in their instructions. Suggesting people ALWAYS do it is an extreme solution to a problem that probably does not exist.

I think the better answer is: If you're having odd, unexplained behavior after a firmware upgrade, THEN you should try a factory reset. Otherwise, enjoy the new firmware.

The one time I did a factory reset it caused me more problems than I care to write about. And I've had no issues with the other times I've upgraded firmware and did no factory reset.

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #11,514 of 13,503
With all the firmware updates, I have factory reset once. That was just to do it as it was working fine. 

Apr 30, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #11,515 of 13,503
Quote:

No, you should NOT always do a factory reset after a firmware upgrade. You can if you want to... but it is not necessary or required. If it were required iBasso would include that step in their instructions. Suggesting people ALWAYS do it is an extreme solution to a problem that probably does not exist.

I think the better answer is: If you're having odd, unexplained behavior after a firmware upgrade, THEN you should try a factory reset. Otherwise, enjoy the new firmware.

The one time I did a factory reset it caused me more problems than I care to write about. And I've had no issues with the other times I've upgraded firmware and did no factory reset.

Walteroly I find it necessary to do so because the DX100 has a tendency to carry over old settings from the previous firmware. This can even leads to playback issues as mentioned earlier. Now if you haven't had issues then more power to you. But I always did a factory reset after upgrading and it did make a difference for me.

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #11,516 of 13,503
I'd chalk the factory reset up as "Best Practice", not "HAS TO BE DONE" 
beerchug.gif

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #11,517 of 13,503
Quote:

I've never done a factory reset over 4 firmware upgrades and I'm just dandy.

May 1, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #11,518 of 13,503
Guess some of us are just lucky. Everyone's DX100 behaves differently so some may need to have the reset done.

Having tried using the different firmwares, there are some quirks to usage when the reset is not done.

May 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #11,519 of 13,503
+1

I think this debate on whether to reset or not is pointless. With all the variations of what each owner may have done to customise their DX100 and type and size of music databases and microSD cards used, different folks are going to have different requirements. I have had to reset a couple times and Factory reset once at iBasso's direction to fix a problem. After that, I have followed Lee's plan and factory reset after each FW install. I especially think that may be advised if backgrading to an earlier version. Reinstalling the couple apps I use and settings is no big deal. And unless you delete data, your music folder remains intact.

Now lets move on to how folks are finding 1.4.2. I for one think it is the best to date in both SQ and UI response. Whatever FW you may think sounds best, the DX is simply an awesome player in any iteration IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back