iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Apr 23, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #11,356 of 13,503
Quote:
Yazoo, I have purchased XRCD, K2CD, etc from audiophile CD shops, and ripped them to FLAC. We will not extract actual 24/192 or 32 bit audio when ripping these CDs because it is the remastering process that is 24 or 32 bit. But before the audio is pressed onto the actual CD, it is converted to 16-bit 44.1 again.

There are ripping software that can upsample the 16-bit 44.1 from the CD during conversion to FLAC. But my point here is that the CD format whether it is XR, K2, HQ, Linn etc is still going to be 16-bit 44.1 hen it comes to any CD you buy.

Thanks tkteo for the prompt response,

I do read your point and that's why those (various) encoded CDs could be played on the ordinary CD players/drives.

Having said that, I have a follow-up question:
Putting back to my example, let's say I rip and convert the song "Close to me" from the original 16/44.1 CD version and I get a file named "Close to me_16_44.1.FLAC" (File A) and secondly I rip and convert the same song from 24/192 version and named "Close to me_24_192.FLAC" (File B).
Would these 2 converted files be the same or different, in terms of the audio info and the file size, etc.??
If it is the same, it seems like it's a bit tricky to me that what the recording companies made those various versions?

We know DX100 could display the song info and in this case, would the DX100 display "16 bit 44.1KHz xxx kbps" when I play "File A" and "24 bit 192KHz xxx kbps" when I play "File B" respectively??

Many thanks in advance for clarifying the above. Much appreciated.

Any other expertise have supplementary answers to my questions, if any?

Apr 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #11,357 of 13,503
Some albums display the 'cue' button on the player screen but most don't even though there are cue files in the album directory.  From what I've found in this thread the DX100 only displays embedded cue files.

Does anyone know of straightforward freeware that will embed a cue file in a flac file such that the DX100 can read it?  I've looked on the web and tried some things but can't make anything do this apparently simple task.

TIA

O.

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:56 AM Post #11,358 of 13,503
Quote:
We were all just hoping you would search the thread while you waited, PowerAmp has been discussed a million and one times already.

How kind of you, I really appreciate it. 

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #11,359 of 13,503
Quote:
How kind of you, I really appreciate it. 

Sorry if I sounded rude, but it annoys me to no end when the same questions are asked over and over again - then when you nag for answers instead of searching while you wait for a reply, that really blows my gasket. You expect us to keep typing the same answers but can't even be bothered to search the thread for "PowerAmp"? Other users are people just like you, with lives, wives, girlfriends, jobs, kids and all tons of other stuff to take care of. We're not the information desk or the Ibasso Public Relations Office. We're just regular joes with a hobby that we discuss on these here forums. 

Show some initiative, put in an effort to solve your problem and most of us would be more than happy to help you on your way. But just showing up and expecting everything to be handed to you on a silver platter with a smile and a mint? Bad form, bro.

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #11,360 of 13,503
Quote:
Sorry if I sounded rude, but it annoys me to no end when the same questions are asked over and over again - then when you nag for answers instead of searching while you wait for a reply, that really blows my gasket. You expect us to keep typing the same answers but can't even be bothered to search the thread for "PowerAmp"? Other users are people just like you, with lives, wives, girlfriends, jobs, kids and all tons of other stuff to take care of. We're not the information desk or the Ibasso Public Relations Office. We're just regular joes with a hobby that we discuss on these here forums. 

Show some initiative, put in an effort to solve your problem and most of us would be more than happy to help you on your way. But just showing up and expecting everything to be handed to you on a silver platter with a smile and a mint? Bad form, bro.

My question had to do with utilizing left and right balance volume control not purely about Poweramp. So I asked some input on other apps or ways to do it on the DX100 since I don't own one at the moment. Despite your omniscience, I did search the thread. 

Other users have lives and jobs? Man that's news to me. I thought they were all waiting in front of their keyboards with slumber coming out of their mouths, eager to expect my question that I may ask any moment. Thanks for the clarification. If you don't want to answer the question, simply ignore it and let someone who might answer it answer it. The last time I checked you didn't own the forum. 

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #11,361 of 13,503
Quote:
Putting back to my example, let's say I rip and convert the song "Close to me" from the original 16/44.1 CD version and I get a file named "Close to me_16_44.1.FLAC" (File A) and secondly I rip and convert the same song from 24/192 version and named "Close to me_24_192.FLAC" (File B). Would these 2 converted files be the same or different, in terms of the audio info and the file size, etc.??
If it is the same, it seems like it's a bit tricky to me that what the recording companies made those various versions?

We know DX100 could display the song info and in this case, would the DX100 display "16 bit 44.1KHz xxx kbps" when I play "File A" and "24 bit 192KHz xxx kbps" when I play "File B" respectively??

I would expect the "Close to Me from original CD" and "Close to Me from 24/192 REMASTER CD" flac files to be very similar in file size and in audio. In the end we are dealing with the same song, and I can tell you are aware that in the end all the CDs we buy are 16/44.1 whether they are "ordinary", "K2", "XRCD", "Linn 32", "Sony SBM", "Blu-Spec" etc.

Of course you have to use the same settings in EAC, Fidelia, etc when you are extracting/ripping from the same track from the two different CDs.

I don't know about the DX100 in its display of bit rate and sampling frequency. Fidelia displays what I ripped the FLAC file into, e.g. if I ripped a track from a CD as 24/96 FLAC it will upsample the track and display the FLAC as 24/96 *because I set the ripping to upsample when creating the FLAC.

So in this sense K2, XRCD, etc. downsample from 20-bit to 16-bit when producing the actual CD.

Apr 24, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #11,364 of 13,503
Quote:
I would expect the "Close to Me from original CD" and "Close to Me from 24/192 REMASTER CD" flac files to be very similar in file size and in audio. In the end we are dealing with the same song, and I can tell you are aware that in the end all the CDs we buy are 16/44.1 whether they are "ordinary", "K2", "XRCD", "Linn 32", "Sony SBM", "Blu-Spec" etc.

Of course you have to use the same settings in EAC, Fidelia, etc when you are extracting/ripping from the same track from the two different CDs.

I don't know about the DX100 in its display of bit rate and sampling frequency. Fidelia displays what I ripped the FLAC file into, e.g. if I ripped a track from a CD as 24/96 FLAC it will upsample the track and display the FLAC as 24/96 *because I set the ripping to upsample when creating the FLAC.

So in this sense K2, XRCD, etc. downsample from 20-bit to 16-bit when producing the actual CD.

Many thanks tkteo once again and it makes me more clear about the rationale behind and I'd give it a try by myself sometimes.

p.s. oh new fw comes and another upgrade game is gonna begin again. Have a nice day to all and have fun. (I read till to Pg.490 now)

Apr 24, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #11,369 of 13,503
Loaded new FW. It is definitely not 1.2.7 in sound. I'm glad :) They did not ruin the sound 
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back