iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 15, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #10,726 of 13,503
Quote:
Yes I always do that ... I used the format tool from iBasso as well. Maybe I turned something off when I was setting it up.

Maybe I'll try again without doing the reset.

I guess the IBasso people will be back at work tomorrow (maybe Monday) ... Happy New Year folks! ... nurse your hangovers nicely!

Jasmine tea always did work for me ...

Steady away ... thanks

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #10,727 of 13,503
Yes, rice wine can take it toll. One of our friends, playing cards with his buds in a remote village (China) drank two bottles of 57 proof by himself. Didn't see him for 2 days.

I am still comparing the DX100 to the AK100. I find the DX100 to have more authority and a more fluid sound and just a larger sound scape. Still letting the AK100 run all the time to make sure it is well burned in. It has well over 300 hours on it now.

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #10,728 of 13,503
Jasmine tea with just a drop of wild bee honey ... will cure the worst (and the best) of hangovers.

So let's move forward ... some people here are not happy ... I myself am ecstatic ... or I would be if I was allowed to be ...

So, let me ingratiate myself and say that I think the DX100 is the best thing since sliced bread ... you wouldn't understand that comment unless your grandparents were from Yorkshire. Anyway I (personally) think sliced bread is definitely under-rated. Better toasted.

Look forward to hearing from you on Monday?

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #10,729 of 13,503
Quote:
Yes, rice wine can take it toll. One of our friends, playing cards with his buds in a remote village drank two bottles of 57 proof by himself. Didn't see him for 2 days.

I am still comparing the DX100 to the AK100. I find the DX100 to have more authority and a more fluid sound and just a larger sound scape. Still letting the AK100 run all the time to make sure it is well burned in. It has well over 300 hours on it now.

Saki ... Japanese equivalent ... almost died. Stomach pump couldn't get it out ... nil by mouth for a week ...

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #10,731 of 13,503
Quote:

How does iRiver sound now ... ?
Personally I gave up on their products a long time ago when they turned their coats to "corporate" ...

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #10,732 of 13,503
Quote:
So, let me ingratiate myself and say that I think the DX100 is the best thing since sliced bread ... you wouldn't understand that comment unless your grandparents were from Yorkshire. Anyway I (personally) think sliced bread is definitely under-rated. Better toasted.

As Steven Wright once asked, "What was the best thing before sliced bread?"

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #10,733 of 13,503
Quote:
As Steven Wright once asked, "What was the best thing before sliced bread?"

Molly Malone (Cockles & Mussels)

In Dublin's fair city,
Where the girls are so pretty,
I first set my eyes,
On sweet Molly Malone,
As she wheeled her wheel barrow,
Through the streets broad and narrow,
Crying cockles and mussels,
Alive alive o!

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #10,734 of 13,503
Alive alive o!
Alive alive o!
Alive alive o!

She was a fish monger,
And sure it was no wonder,
For so were her
Father and Mother before,
And they both wheeled their barrow,
Alive alive o!

Alive alive o!
Alive alive o!
Alive alive o!

She died of a fever,
And no one could save her,
And that was the end
Of sweet Molly Malone,
But her ghost wheels her barrow,
Alive alive o!

Traditional Irish Song - don't ask me who wrote it!

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #10,735 of 13,503
While listening to a DX100?

Feb 15, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #10,738 of 13,503
For those of you who didn't get the "joke" ...

Molly Malone was a protester and she didn't agree with what was going on in Eire at the time. She poisoned her "clients" with shellfish ... she died very young ...

You can google her name and find out more about her ...

Try this too "The Waterboys - September 1913"

Feb 15, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #10,739 of 13,503
Quote:
One thing I've noticed since reverting back to 1.2.7 is that when I boot up the DX100 or try to connect with USB to upload music I get this message ...

"! Sorry!
The application Launcher
(process com.android.
Mylauncher2) has stopped
unexpectedly. Please try again."

Then "Force close"

Not really a problem ... it seems to sort itself out after a while, or if I just "force close" ...

I don't use any android apps ... does anyone else get that?

Often when I get any error message, I select "Wait" instead, and it usually sorts itself out on it's own. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back