iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Feb 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #10,711 of 13,503
Quote:
It seems to be something to do with the stock player because it doesn't happen with the neutron, gonemad and andless player apps.

it's because the inbuilt music app is programmed to access the ESS sabre chip and allow both 16 and 24bit playback. This is what causes the delay as it detects the forthcoming bit-rate, this has been posted previously in this (enormous) thread, probably with more info that I give here.  Neutron and other 3rd party apps are using the stock android chipset, rather than the sabre dac.  

Speaking of which, I thought iBasso were going to make the API available to 3rd parties, any news on this?

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #10,712 of 13,503
Quote:
it's because the inbuilt music app is programmed to access the ESS sabre chip and allow both 16 and 24bit playback. This is what causes the delay as it detects the forthcoming bit-rate, this has been posted previously in this (enormous) thread, probably with more info that I give here.  Neutron and other 3rd party apps are using the stock android chipset, rather than the sabre dac.  

Speaking of which, I thought iBasso were going to make the API available to 3rd parties, any news on this?

No, I'm not talking about the delay. The stock player fades tracks in and out when skipping. It didn't do this with 1.3.5. I'm not sure there is any audio chip other than the Sabre on this unit. 

Feb 14, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #10,713 of 13,503
Quote:
No, I'm not talking about the delay. The stock player fades tracks in and out when skipping. It didn't do this with 1.3.5. I'm not sure there is any audio chip other than the Sabre on this unit. 

That is a known issue dcfac73 on the earlier firmwares up to 1.2.7. So it's a compromise if you will. You can rewind the track back to the beginning by scrolling the orange bar to the beginning again and it will play from the beginning. As long as you don't skip tracks it will play without the fade in.

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #10,714 of 13,503
Quote:
... I'm still waiting for my DX100 ....

so, so hard is the wait

Mine won't even ship until Sunday, 2/17/13, at the earliest!  
frown.gif

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #10,716 of 13,503
Quote:
I just shipped mine off to China today to have the wifi fixed, after postponing it for 4-5 months 
smile.gif

Well at least they should be back from their NY celebration by the time your unit arrives in China.

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:55 AM Post #10,717 of 13,503
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my iBasso DX100, hope someone can help me out over here. The screen will turn on by itself despite having a screen timeout turned on. And every time it does so, it creates a click sound when i am listening to my music. Even if i manually switch off the screen, it will still turn on by itself. There is no noticeable pattern in when it will turn on or how often it will switch on. 

A bit of info on my player. Since i bought it, no apps have been installed on it at all. The problem occurred when i am on firmware 1.2.3. After installing the latest 1.3.7, the problem still persist. I have since changed the firmware back to 1.2.7 and the problem is still there. I have also reset my player after installing the firmwares but nothing seems to help. I have also turned off everything like Bluetooth and Wifi etc. 

Feb 15, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #10,718 of 13,503
Update: It fixed itself. Literally as soon as I posted. This software is wonky :|

So here's another interesting problem. I haven't turned my DX100 on in quite some time. I turned it on today and it wasn't showing any of my music in the player app (I _was_ on 1.2.7). I've since upgraded to 1.3.7 and performed a factory reset. Still no dice. When I go into the directory listing of the music player, it shows all the FLAC files, but lists their lengths as "00:00."

I've also downgraded and upgraded twice.

Has anyone run into this before? Suggestions? Do I need to just send it back to iBasso? :\

--dho

Feb 15, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #10,719 of 13,503
Quote:
That is a known issue dcfac73 on the earlier firmwares up to 1.2.7. So it's a compromise if you will. You can rewind the track back to the beginning by scrolling the orange bar to the beginning again and it will play from the beginning. As long as you don't skip tracks it will play without the fade in.

I might just stick with the 3rd party players. It's a shame though, as I do quite like the GUI of the stock player

Feb 15, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #10,720 of 13,503
Update: It fixed itself. Literally as soon as I posted. This software is wonky :|

So here's another interesting problem. I haven't turned my DX100 on in quite some time. I turned it on today and it wasn't showing any of my music in the player app (I _was_ on 1.2.7). I've since upgraded to 1.3.7 and performed a factory reset. Still no dice. When I go into the directory listing of the music player, it shows all the FLAC files, but lists their lengths as "00:00."

I've also downgraded and upgraded twice.

Has anyone run into this before? Suggestions? Do I need to just send it back to iBasso? :\

--dho

i think your dx100 reindex your music which usually takes 20minutes. This would happen everytime you add a lot of music or re-tag your music ( e.g add album cover). It just refresh its database. One thing that I do to check if my unit is reindexing is by going to settings- applications - running services. if I see a "Media" running, I would let my dx100 sit and wait for the media to disappear (20mins)

Feb 15, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #10,721 of 13,503
I'll be posting my DX100 on the for sale forum later this week end.
Original box, 1.2.7 ROM, 64GB fat 32 sandisk class 10 msd, pelican 1020 case.

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #10,722 of 13,503
One thing I've noticed since reverting back to 1.2.7 is that when I boot up the DX100 or try to connect with USB to upload music I get this message ...

"! Sorry!
The application Launcher
(process com.android.
Mylauncher2) has stopped
unexpectedly. Please try again."

Then "Force close"

Not really a problem ... it seems to sort itself out after a while, or if I just "force close" ...

I don't use any android apps ... does anyone else get that?

Feb 15, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #10,724 of 13,503
Quote:
One thing I've noticed since reverting back to 1.2.7 is that when I boot up the DX100 or try to connect with USB to upload music I get this message ...

"! Sorry!
The application Launcher
(process com.android.
Mylauncher2) has stopped
unexpectedly. Please try again."

Then "Force close"

Not really a problem ... it seems to sort itself out after a while, or if I just "force close" ...

I don't use any android apps ... does anyone else get that?

I went back to 1.2.7 and it is working fine. I didn't do a factory reset but did you try that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back