iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Dec 30, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #9,751 of 13,503
Quote:
1. 500x500 should work fine. Just don't go much over 600x600 or you will have issues with album art showing up.

2. From what I hear this feature doesn't work very well (lots of stuttering so not worth it). Just run the files on the DX100 storage and be happy. Plus using Wifi interferes with the sound. You get clicks and pops so keep it off when using music.

Thanks for the info.  Shame about streaming, but if that's the biggest problem I have, then I'm doing OK...

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:05 AM Post #9,752 of 13,503
yeah, streaming is a no-go.  Its too bad because I would otherwise use this feature (I use audio galaxy to stream music from my desktop to my iPhone, and its awesome!), but its spotty at best- way too frustrating, and your music will just stutter.  Best just to go straight off the hd.  Still, IMO, the sq makes all other compromises worthwhile...

Dec 30, 2012 at 2:46 PM Post #9,753 of 13,503
Quote:

Ahem...

Much as I appreciate your work, on the UI,  I do not use the albumartist tag.  AT ALL.  I know I am not alone.

So elimination of the artist sort would mess me up something big.

IMHO the best option would be to let the sorting criteria be user configurable, in an advanced sub menu or something similar.  This is the case with most popular media players, like PowerAmp, yes?

+1.  I've never used a device that uses albumartist...always artist.  I think the sort by artist is correct, and is what is normally used.

Figgie - Please don't tell iBasso that you speak for us all - you don't.

Dec 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #9,754 of 13,503
i've found that my He-400 on the Ibasso dx100 sound extremely good compared to the He-500. The He-500 sounds awesome, but I love the sound of the He-400. IMO the he-400 are a better performer on the ibasso.

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #9,755 of 13,503
Quote:

Ahem...

Much as I appreciate your work, on the UI,  I do not use the albumartist tag.  AT ALL.  I know I am not alone.

So elimination of the artist sort would mess me up something big.

IMHO the best option would be to let the sorting criteria be user configurable, in an advanced sub menu or something similar.  This is the case with most popular media players, like PowerAmp, yes?

Agreed - If the sorting changes, it should be user configurable.

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #9,756 of 13,503
I'm not 100% sure but you may be able to do batch tagging on the fly with the proper command in Mp3tag. If this is the case then it really is a non-issue. I've been adding the Album Artist tag to all my music. I'm not sure if it correlates to the DX100 working properly (I thought it was). Pretty much I just want my tags to work and I want them to be alphabetized automatically and not when I sync them (particularly playlists not showing up alphabetized, and I'm not referring to the playlist contents but the actual playlist name itself).

Dec 31, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #9,757 of 13,503
Quote:
I'm not 100% sure but you may be able to do batch tagging on the fly with the proper command in Mp3tag. If this is the case then it really is a non-issue. I've been adding the Album Artist tag to all my music. I'm not sure if it correlates to the DX100 working properly (I thought it was). Pretty much I just want my tags to work and I want them to be alphabetized automatically and not when I sync them (particularly playlists not showing up alphabetized, and I'm not referring to the playlist contents but the actual playlist name itself).

It may be a non-issue to make the changes on the PC.  However, the time it takes to re-copy all that music to the DX100 IS an issue, at least for me (remember, I'm the guy with the 128GB SDXC card that's now full :).  Also, not all types/versions of file tags support albumartist.  I've noticed that if you try to add albumartist to tag types that don't support it, Mp3tag will appear to update the tag, but not make any actual change.  It will, however, touch the file, changing the file modified update date so with most synchronization software the file gets re-copied even though no change was actually made.  Finally, albumartist is a very new tag field, in relation to album.  It is implemented differently (how it is read) in different players, and there's not even consistency in how it is written (some as "albumartist" and some as "album artist").  The "artist" tag is fairly universal and is used fairly consistently by tagging programs and players.

I agree with you...tags should "just work" (but on the DX, sadly, that's not really the case).  +1 for Nelamvr6's suggestion - user configurable.  However, I believe it should default to the way it is now (artist).  This would have the least user impact when upgrading firmware.

OK, let me hop off my soapbox now. 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #9,758 of 13,503
Quote:
It may be a non-issue to make the changes on the PC.  However, the time it takes to re-copy all that music to the DX100 IS an issue, at least for me (remember, I'm the guy with the 128GB SDXC card that's now full :).  Also, not all types/versions of file tags support albumartist.  I've noticed that if you try to add albumartist to tag types that don't support it, Mp3tag will appear to update the tag, but not make any actual change.  It will, however, touch the file, changing the file modified update date so with most synchronization software the file gets re-copied even though no change was actually made.  Finally, albumartist is a very new tag field, in relation to album.  It is implemented differently (how it is read) in different players, and there's not even consistency in how it is written (some as "albumartist" and some as "album artist").  The "artist" tag is fairly universal and is used fairly consistently by tagging programs and players.

I agree with you...tags should "just work" (but on the DX, sadly, that's not really the case).  +1 for Nelamvr6's suggestion - user configurable.  However, I believe it should default to the way it is now (artist).  This would have the least user impact when upgrading firmware.

OK, let me hop off my soapbox now. 
rolleyes.gif

Connect your DX100 to your PC and you can edit the tags directly, using Mp3Tag 
wink.gif

Dec 31, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #9,759 of 13,503
Les Mis Soundtrack especially Anne Hathaway's rendition of "I Dreamed A Dream" sounds, WOW, wonderful on the DX100.

Highly recommended..........

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #9,760 of 13,503
Quote:
+1.  I've never used a device that uses albumartist...always artist.  I think the sort by artist is correct, and is what is normally used.

Figgie - Please don't tell iBasso that you speak for us all - you don't.

sorry.

ANd let me guess, you get your folders done by artist and contributing artist right? I have gone over this 10 fold, no other way. Specially like albums like Santana's Supernatural where each track has a different guest artist.

I try to even rip from Flac to MP3 without albumartist in the mix and i get a garbage heap of folders with Santana feat xxxx, Santana feat yyyy. unless you omit who actully did the tracks together but then that is missing information but it will be right from the folder structure. I want ALL the songs info not part.

that is the reason albumartist tag is there. To Say Santana did the album, the collaberations are just on a track basis but does not define the albumartist =) Also is a necessary item when dealing with Classical recordings. Albumartist will be the orchestra that is playing the orchestral works.

User configurable. Perhaps in the future. iBasso needs to crawl before they start doing user configurable items though..

I am not asking for a concensus. This is an issue as currently it does not even read that correct (Artist or albumartist). So it needs both.

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #9,763 of 13,503
Can someone post some links to the type memory card the unit uses so i can buy some. 64 gig please

thanks

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #9,765 of 13,503
Quote:
I don't know i guess the he-500 are power hungry? they sound downright boring on some songs. i think i may need a good external amp for these....

I see why alot of people prefer teh he-400 on the ibasso. he-500 sound good but man they sound so dry sometimes. I'll have to try them on my jds labs or my friends schiit lyr

Users who are viewing this thread

Back