iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions, Downloads, VIDEO, NEW Firmware 1.4.2.
Dec 26, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #9,707 of 13,503
Quote:
Hi friends.

Has somebody compare the SQ between Flac and Wav files on the DX100?

Rozeqloud, The music in my DX100 comes from ripped cd's (with my laptop) and HD Tracks. Could I use an Oppo player to get a better SQ from the cd's and put it on the DX100?

Thanks.

No. Upsampling does not improve content. If you want your CDs to sound better. Pay attention to the ripper used. Properly setup DBpoweramp, EAC, or XLD (MAC) are fine choices.

This part will be controversal so try for yourself. I still prefer wav over flac but the information is not changed so there is no theorehtical difference. I don't find that converting HDtrax flac to wav ahead of time as noticable as going the from wav to flac with files we've generated. I suspect that their a2d process could perhaps be improved though it's certainly fine. If you use flac for size and tags, try compression '0' for least processor load.

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #9,708 of 13,503
HDR-R10 firmware v8.0.2 is out, here's the download page:
http://www.hibino-intersound.co.jp/ibasso_audio/3348.html

dunno whether DX100 can use this or not...

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #9,710 of 13,503
Quote:
I would not suggest DX100 users try this. It says once updated it cannot be downgraded. So don't risk it.

As this firmware is for the R10, I wonder it says cannot be downgraded because there's no v8.0.1 download for downgrade.
I wonder if we can use the old DX100 firmware to downgrade after installing v8.0.2

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #9,711 of 13,503
I don't know. That is why I suggest against it. If you try it and it works then keep us updated. Just I'd hate for something to go wrong and you end up with a brick in your hands ;(. ibasso did say the new firmware is almost ready for the DX100 so maybe it is right around the corner for us as well.

Dec 26, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #9,712 of 13,503
Quote:
Hi friends.

Has somebody compare the SQ between Flac and Wav files on the DX100?

Rozeqloud, The music in my DX100 comes from ripped cd's (with my laptop) and HD Tracks. Could I use an Oppo player to get a better SQ from the cd's and put it on the DX100?

Thanks.

Hi

I have to say yes you can . But i have no experience yet LOL. i ordered Oppo on a sat afternoon ,it was here Monday . The cables and adapters i need are crawling here from somewhere :frowning2:

i have played some Peter gabriel sacds and they sound great ,but still cheap cables so far .

So do you mean u want to connect DX100 to your Oppo ? i imagine line out from DX100 to  Oppo should work , but you may be better off using USB in to Oppo
Just put those same files on a USB stick or HDD .

This dream machine has so many options ,but im speaking from almost no experience till all the accessories arrive

You will also need some amplification , tho the Oppo 105 has a built in headphone amp . The jury is out on the quality tho

i hope i gave you some help

Dec 26, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #9,713 of 13,503
Thank you Rozeqloud.

Well what I really would like to know is if the Oppo can be use to rip cd's conected to a laptop, then that ripped files put in the DX100. 

If that is possible maybe we could get better SQ files.

By the way Goodvives, I use J River MC18 in my laptop to rippe cd's and will rippe a pair of cd's in WAV, I've notice that the bit rate is 1411 in Flac is around 900. Maybe that help to a better SQ, a little bit of depth or 3D sensation.

Hope you understand me.

Dec 26, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #9,714 of 13,503
Took a peak at the HDP-R10 player. Same player with different tweaks. Language is all japanese centered.

The lightning fast peek at the HDP-R10 firmware,that hardware does support disabling the non-used outputs.

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #9,717 of 13,503
Quote:
Thank you Rozeqloud.

Well what I really would like to know is if the Oppo can be use to rip cd's conected to a laptop, then that ripped files put in the DX100. 

By the way Goodvives, I use J River MC18 in my laptop to rippe cd's and will rippe a pair of cd's in WAV, I've notice that the bit rate is 1411 in Flac is around 900. Maybe that help to a better SQ, a little bit of depth or 3D sensation.

Hope you understand me.

Sounds like your compression rate is near 0 level but you can check in your settings. Try a trial of DBpoweramp set up per their instructions and see if you don't prefer it's rips. J.River is a great library keeper but not my fav for playback or rips but then I don't use a PC for playback.

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #9,718 of 13,503
Lee

personally I wouldn't.

There are a couple of libraries that are in the HDP that are not in the DX100.

with that said.

BOTH the HDP and the DX100 have a module for DSD decoding and it is enabled in both.

The DX100 DSD module is 10/18. The HDp-R10 is 12/12.

I might be able to pul the version of the whiskey player from the HDP-R10 but not sure how that would work on th Dx100 if at all.

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #9,719 of 13,503
Quote:
Thank you Rozeqloud.

Hope you understand me.

Hmm well i have give an unqualified no on that . i cant imagine how that  could be done

Sorry

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #9,720 of 13,503
Quote:
Thank you Rozeqloud.

Hope you understand me.

Big negative

the PC has the horsepower to make sure that things like offsets, error correction etc are making sure that everything that is on the CD is in the file. i have had CD's that were unreadable by most every CD player out there and was able to "revive" the bits digitally using...

EAC + Accuraterip, there is no better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back